It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan Freeman "I think we invented God."

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

it doesn't actually...

try out this experiment.

take a seed...any seed. lets say an apple seed.

where did the apple seed come from?

an apple you say?

where did the apple come from?

an apple tree you say?

where did the apple tree come from?

an apple seed you say?

an apple you say?

an apple tree you say?

an apple seed you say?

do you know understand this most obvious and basic example?

Men haven't invented anything. It invented itself, so that it could invent us. so that we could deny it. and go back to nothingness.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by blupblup
Good old Mr. Freeman.

He is of course correct.

I love ya Blup, but how can you be so certain?

I don't know about Blup...but I can 100% certain because I took time to read the Bible. I can understand how people can be "believers" when they only look at snippets of it or are simply indoctrinated in their youth.

...but how can ANYBODY who has actually read the Bible in it's entirety possibly think that it is at all a credible source of information? I just don't get it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I am just going to assume that since no one has provided an animal or anything besides SOME people that worships the christian god in answer to the question I asked several pages ago....

that it was the right question to ask...
and
that some people are the only ones that worship this christian version of a supreme diety.

My next question is:
which of the over 38,000 sects of christianity who all claim to be the one true faith actually believe in the true god?

Ahhh...there you go using using logic, quantifiable statistics, and clear-thinking.

The answer is that no "believer" can possibly really answer this question without being utterly hypocritical or having the argument degenerate into 38,000 different rationales...all of which ultimately become "because that's the one I believe in and you should think just like I do".

Nuttery. Absolute nuttery.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by Bixxi3

it doesn't actually...

try out this experiment.

an apple you say?

an apple tree you say?

an apple seed you say?

an apple you say?

an apple tree you say?

an apple seed you say?

Men haven't invented anything. It invented itself, so that it could invent us. so that we could deny it. and go back to nothingness.

Incoherency.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

where did the seed come from?

is that question easier to understand?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Morgan Freeman is a pedophile.... Y is he not in jail

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by Bixxi3

it doesn't actually...

try out this experiment.

an apple you say?

an apple tree you say?

an apple seed you say?

an apple you say?

an apple tree you say?

an apple seed you say?

But that seed came from ANOTHER tree it didn't come from it self.
Man come from a long line of evolutionary steps. Back to its most basic form.
I didn't give birth to myself, im a man.
Just like a 'deity' didnt wish it self into existence.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

one of the few things a person can do that is lower then a pedo is to falsely accuse someone of being a pedo

got links?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Originally posted by dayve

one of the few things a person can do that is lower then a pedo is to falsely accuse someone of being a pedo

got links?

www.youtube.com...

shine.yahoo.com...

www.hindustantimes.com...

Theirs more but same info

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by blupblup
Good old Mr. Freeman.

He is of course correct.

I love ya Blup, but how can you be so certain?

I don't know about Blup...but I can 100% certain because I took time to read the Bible. I can understand how people can be "believers" when they only look at snippets of it or are simply indoctrinated in their youth.

...but how can ANYBODY who has actually read the Bible in it's entirety possibly think that it is at all a credible source of information? I just don't get it.

I wasn't talking specifically about the Bible, but what I was trying to say was how can a person be so certain there isn't a god.

I have read it too BTW.

These conversations are a waste of time anyway.
edit on 103030p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Me: "Morgan Freeman, you're an actor. That does not qualify you as an expert on anything except pretending to be someone else. STFU."

At least he qualified it as his opinion, I guess. The problem is, stupid people think that actors' opinions are the truth.

edit on 10-6-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

So...should we say the same about a plumber who believe in Jesus? After all...the only thing they know about is plumbing, right? Only stupid people would take any "personal testimony" they have about their opinions of their religious faith seriously...right? Only dumb people would think a plumber's opinion is "truth".

By the way....what was your occupation again?

The difference is that plumbers don't have a mass audience to disseminate their opinions to. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when asshats like Sean Penn and Morgan Freeman do so in front of a television camera, it makes the dummies who regard them as some sort of authority figures believe what they say. If you don't believe me, try THIS LINK

You obviously have a problem with people who believe in Jesus, yes?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

well, first of all prayer is proven to work, why? Because it is positive thinking and believing and hope-now, Jesus was a very kind loving man. He was not the creator, so he died out of love and for his beliefs, right? That does not make him God, or god, but it did make him a very sweet, loving man that believed so strongly in forgiveness and goodness that he was willing to die for this. Maybe this alone makes him chosen, but again, not god.

There is a higher power. There is good and evil. There is an afterlife. I do believe in reincarnation. This higher power is okay to call God, or god, or godly. I agree with the whole creation of a piction, or picture-but there is a higher power. This I am certain of. There are angels, I am convinced.

I still state to non-believers as Einstien himself stated-If there is no God and you lived your life as though there is-you made the world a better place. If you lived your life as though there is a God and there is-you shall reap rewards.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well if we created God ?

Then who created us ?

SnF OP !

edit on 10-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Why scoff at the idea we create with our thoughts? E=mc2...Energy, light, vibrations, you are there.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

thanks for the links Dave
doesn't look like he broke the law and the young lady doesn't appear to be complaining
some cultures ( biblical included ) wouldn't balk at it...

It looks more like a Jerry lee Lewis moment, its on the borderline for sure...
she will inherit large maybe...

on the other hand it doesn't reflect on his opinion about god
www.turntoislam.com...
compared to whats OK in the bible, freeman isn't all that bad
so his comments about god can't be critisized by believers in god in that way because some of the the followers of god are just as wierd

edit on 10-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

There is hard evidence of God's existence and descriptions of God's appearance and the nature of his habitation and the manner in which God exists relative to the created world; consistent across cultures and through time. Many people reject them and for a reason; the reason being...those descriptions don't give them the power they desire. That humanity has decided to engage in a never ending debate about such a topic suggests to me that everyone knows God exists...but something is trying to control how people think of God and therefore control people and through this mechanism become something 'like God'.

Michaelbrux (sorry if I got your name wrong, cant go back and see if thats right- think it is though!)

I would say there is no hard evidence at all for an existance of a god. What hard evidence? if you dont mind me asking.

And I dont agree at all with your comment that everyone knows a god exists. To the contrary, a lot of us know that god/s don't exist. The 'something' you speak of, is us simply thinking for ourselves.

How do people get so mixed up, that they can presume to think for everyone. classic stuff from a religious person

edit to add: I always liked Morgan Freeman, comes across as a humble sort of a guy. that he doesnt believe in a god doesnt surprise me.
edit on 10-6-2012 by lifecitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

So, the guy who has played God believes that we invented God.

I thought the same. Then I looked at the argument and realized it's an outdated one. (And quite childish at that)

Well, except for this very inexplicable concept.

It's not inexplicable if you believe we invented God. "Just needed something to pass the time and ease the fears"

However, there is something that even the first person could not have denied.

reply to post by Prezbo369

The difference is Mr Freeman actually exists, whereas your imaginary friend doesn't and never has existed.

Plus Mr Freeman won't ever ask/demand you to mutilate your children's (or your own) genitalia, commit genocide, infanticide or willingly allow himself to be nailed by a group of Roman soldiers.

Part of growing up is realizing that one made up man is not the same as the other made up man. They serve different purposes. So their merit depends on their purposes. Santa clause makes kids happy at Christmas. Jesus offers you a psychological shortcut to overcome many hardships in life. Which means that Jesus' teachings are grounded in reality, whereas santa clause...is fantasy. Much like what mr. Freeman's career consists of: playing pretend, acting, deceit.

Jesus never asked anyone to mutilate their kids, commit genocide or infanticide and if you had an intellectual mind, you would ask why sacrifice was shown to us via faith, instead of ridiculing it, missing its point because you take your life lessons from Hollywood ACTORS.

Am I the only one finding irony in certain posters argument that "God is made up" but "Morgan Freeman is real", while they wouldn't have known that a person was named "Morgan Freeman" if they hadn't watched movies in which everything is fake and acted? Amazing.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

I would say there is no hard evidence at all for an existance of a god. What hard evidence? if you dont mind me asking.

DNA coding.

Plus, the odds are in favor of a creator.

I bet you believe that extraterrestrials exist somewhere in space because of the sheer vastness of the universe.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

The evolution of man comes in many forms, whether thats physical, mental or spiritual. What you're doing is taking a highly evolved concept, the idea of the imperceptible god as is understood by us today, and trying to link it to the mental processes of much less evolved humans.

Obviously, when you look at it from that standpoint it seems like a hard bridge to gap. I would imagine that the concept of an imperceptible god evolved as man started to shed some of his logical rigidy, as we eventually did, since here we are debating this very concept.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I guess Morgan Freeman never heard the story of Yeshua, who was nailed to a cross for saying he was YHVH and who went to that deathwillingly and refused to recant when given the chance. I think i will believe Yeshua over Mr. Freeman. Mr. Freeman never allowed himself to be nailed to a cross to save anyone.

The difference is Mr Freeman actually exists, whereas your imaginary friend doesn't and never has existed.

Plus Mr Freeman won't ever ask/demand you to mutilate your children's (or your own) genitalia, commit genocide, infanticide or willingly allow himself to be nailed by a group of Roman soldiers.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

is he imaginary or not? you say He never existed but you blame all of the evils in the world on him?

So what you are saying is that Jesus' existence has permeated our culture and changed the way humans interact..

seems to me you contradict yourself and also bring up a moot point

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join