It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attractive or annoying?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by xenujenkins

I always chuckle when I see a woman with her belly button pierced, even though she has a large muffin top. I don't know if I'll laugh or puke when I see some guy with a tribal tat around the belly button (A rage in the 80's) who suffers from Dunlaps disease.

When their belly dunlaps over their pants?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have a belly button ring, my ears pierced, and a cute little nose piercing too...all of it is very cute and very tastefully done.... and I am glad you do not like it... because it wasn't done with you in mind

Originally posted by Perhaps
I find discerningly placed piercings on the female body sexy and alluring and a wonderful statement of their individual femininity....I'm a total sucker for nose and belly button piercings.

star for you

edit on 10-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by jiggerj

I have a belly button ring, my ears pierced, and a cute little nose piercing too...all of it is very cute and very tastefully done.... and I am glad you do not like it... because it wasn't done with you in mind

Originally posted by Perhaps
I find discerningly placed piercings on the female body sexy and alluring and a wonderful statement of their individual femininity....I'm a total sucker for nose and belly button piercings.

star for you

Hey, I want a star too, but NOT on my nnnOSE!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have a small diamond, not a star, in my nose

it looks like this one:

it is cute! you have a right to your opinion, and I have a right to my body!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I have a small diamond, not a star, in my nose

it looks like this one:

it is cute! you have a right to your opinion, and I have a right to my body!

LOL Didn't say you didn't have a right. Just looking for a poll to show women whether or not facial piercings appeal to men. If this is the goal (to appeal to men), then right now I think this thread shows that we're not exactly crazy over facial piercings, yet not with an overwhelming disgust for it either.

For the women that don't care what men think, then this poll doesn't matter. Hey, did you notice how Ms. Milano has some snot on her nose in that pic? Ewwwwww!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

My piercings were done when I was a child with the exception of the belly button, that was when I was 12. In my culture it is acceptable for a couple of tastefully done peircings on women.

Here in America the girls who do it either do it for themselves or the people in the crowds they run with... and their particular crowds like it... they aren't going to be influenced by your opinion of them

you are old enough to be their grandfather... I think they might enjoy the fact you don't like it...
Its a rebellion thing here.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

My piercings were done when I was a child with the exception of the belly button, that was when I was 12. In my culture it is acceptable for a couple of tastefully done peircings on women.

Here in America the girls who do it either do it for themselves or the people in the crowds they run with... and their particular crowds like it... they aren't going to be influenced by your opinion of them

you are old enough to be their grandfather... I think they might enjoy the fact you don't like it...
Its a rebellion thing here.

Did? Did you just call me old? How dare you! Crap, I'll brb, my fiber laxative just kicked in.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

My piercings were done when I was a child with the exception of the belly button, that was when I was 12.

If you started when you were 12, then you had enough time to catch up with Elaine Davidson. Elaine doesn't care what men think, she has facial piercing just to make herself feel pretty. YIKES!!!!

Did you know that Aerosmith and Alicia Silverstone is actually responsible for today's body piercing craze? Right here: news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Did? Did you just call me old? How dare you!

only if you consider being old enough to have the physical capability of being the grandparent of a teenager old, then yes ...

Crap, I'll brb, my fiber laxative just kicked in.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

having three piercings, 4 if you count one for each ear, does NOT equate to 9,000.... a bit overly dramatic aren't you....I believe that would be called a 'drama queen' as persons are often called who like to over dramatize events

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

having three piercings, 4 if you count one for each ear, does NOT equate to 9,000.... a bit overly dramatic aren't you....I believe that would be called a 'drama queen' as persons are often called who like to over dramatize events

Okay, so let's tally this up: I'm old. I'm opinionated. I'm a drama queen.

One question, are you my ex? LOLOLOLOL

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I love piercings on women. I don't have any piercings myself but a few properly placed on a woman I like.
I also love tatts on a woman, I think it is f***** badass when a woman has a nice half sleve or a chest piece.

Good stuff!

I like women without any of the above too, so don't worry ladies.

My Vote = Attractive!
Preference = N/A

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Often attractive on men and women(monroes, nose, lip, dermal), though most trendies have killed the appeal.

Annoying=when people try to adhere to them as trends while not even knowing who Fakir Musafar is.
edit on 10-6-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Ultimately, most body modifications to me are annoying and not attractive at all. Piercings and tattoos send me the message of low self-esteem. If somebody is not confident in themselves without body mods, then that doesn't inspire much confidence in me either.

It IS interesting though that some of the old European explorers would get tattooed and pierced like some of the native tribes they met and had to hide them from their wives and society at whole (sorry, I don't have sources. There is a poem on the subject whose author's name I can't recall at the moment). So, there is a cultural element to piercings and tattoos that I respect. I just personally don't find them attractive because piercings and tattoos are somewhat of a counter sub-culture in mainstream USA.

My vote: annoying.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have to say that for me personally, I just have my ears pierced and that's enough. I'm not an attention-seeker and don't feel the need to have everyone looking at tats and piercings on me. I'm sorry but I think most are kind of tacky looking.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Absolutely annoying. I admit to have a septum piercing when I was younger but quickly got rid of it after being told I looked like bull.

I havent dated any guys that have had any face piercings but did have a friend who was constantly trying to show off his tongue piercing. He tried to hit on any girl that he saw and tried to convince them the piercing would be great during kissing times. Ummm NO !

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xenujenkins

My mother has an upper ear piercing. Is now in her 50s. I have a customer at work who comes in with a nose ring. She's likely in her 60s. I am just used to it.

Annoying to look at, but fun if....

nevermind.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I like my tats, but I had a belly ring way back when. It got ripped out during a hot .... erm... weekend with the husband. Sorta put a damper on the amour.
NO MORE piercings for me.. no siree!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Well the ones I see in public with snake bites, work the till without the bandaids, and some discreet attractive jewelry in, and its perfectly fine.

In fact, viva la differences.

To me, piercings depend alot on the type and size and placing and what jelewry is being used.

Do I find men with piercings attractive. Yeah! But...even if I was young and carefree all over again, the type, size, placing and jelewry makes a difference.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I hear you friend. Some of these piercings are a real turn off, to me. Perhaps I am just old school, but here are my thoughts. I am part Romany Gypsy on the maternal side, so ear rings are something I like, especially the ones that dangles. Nose rings are OK, provided they are small. Eyebrow and lip and tongue rings I cannot stand. Nipple rings are OK, and belly button rings are sometimes cute, but please, no rings south of the belly, ladies. I like that piece of Female Anatomy just like it is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join