It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attractive or annoying?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You see a beautiful woman, only she keeps sticking her tongue out just enough for you to see that its pierced.
Another woman has something on her nose that you want her to wipe away, but she can't because it's a piercing.
Another woman has that thing sticking through the skin next to her eyebrow.

Are these piercings attractive or annoying to look at?

My vote: ANNOYING!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Ehhh, depends on the person. I can't stand these ones who have all these snakebites, nose piercings, etc, especially those who work in the public arena and cover them up with bits of band-aid.
Tongue peircings? Weeelll, I have a friend who has one, and it's not like she walks around with her tongue hanging out for all to see, so no, I can't say the tongue piercings are all that bad...

I guess at the end of the day piercings are a personal choice, and coming from someone who has around 50% of my body tattooed, I can't really judge either way...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What a misogynistic post. Do you imagine women are pretty little flowers for you to look at and admire?

If a woman chooses to pierce herself, she has done that because she wants to. Not for your benefit. If you don't like it, don't look.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'll say this: I used to be a boxer, and I'd love fighting the guys with face piercings. It was an easy target. One smack to their pierced eyebrow, and they'd gush like a face-period. As for women having them, I personally find it distasteful, but don't spend too much time thinking about it. Its a fad like everything else, and in about 30 years, we can all laugh at the senior homes filled with people covered in wrinkled tribal tats, huge back murals, large gaping holes in their earlobes/cheeks/lips/tongues/etc. Just remember, nothing is quite as pathetic as someone who is old and just won't accept it, and is covered in the "decisions" of their youth. Better yet, its a constant reminder as you age that what was once cool to you is now embarrassing. Ever see a senior citizen with grey hair and a walker with big fat neck tattoos?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

While I don't find mutilating art to be attractive, I try to look at the person’s actions and words rather than how they look.

But I must admit that is a lie. If I see an attractive girl at a distance and once I get closer, I see a shiny pimple protruding from the side of her nose, I will admit that it turns me off.

I don’t mind tats, but piercings just seem to tribal to me.

On the other hand, as a person gets older, piercings can close if the individual looks into the mirror and decides that it just looks creepy at their age. Slap ‘em in a new set of clothes and they look just like anybody else.

However I have seen older folk who may have looked good with their tats younger and just now look…silly, would be the polite word.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I find discerningly placed piercings on the female body sexy and alluring and a wonderful statement of their individual femininity....I'm a total sucker for nose and belly button piercings.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xenujenkins

I always chuckle when I see a woman with her belly button pierced, even though she has a large muffin top. I don't know if I'll laugh or puke when I see some guy with a tribal tat around the belly button (A rage in the 80's) who suffers from Dunlaps disease.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
Ehhh, depends on the person. I can't stand these ones who have all these snakebites, nose piercings, etc, especially those who work in the public arena and cover them up with bits of band-aid.
Tongue peircings? Weeelll, I have a friend who has one, and it's not like she walks around with her tongue hanging out for all to see, so no, I can't say the tongue piercings are all that bad...

I guess at the end of the day piercings are a personal choice, and coming from someone who has around 50% of my body tattooed, I can't really judge either way...

I'm not asking for you to judge. I think these women believe the facial piercings to actually be (if not sexually attractive, then) attractive to men in some way. I'm just stating that if I had a choice between a pair of beautiful twins, one with piercings and one without, I'd choose the one without every time. And I would never choose the metal face, ever.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

And I would never choose the metal face, ever.

“”We are the Borg. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”

Metal face!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'd have to agree with the poster who said people largely do these things for themselves, and not as some "look at me" thing, although I suspect there are many who do this also. I guess it's just a sign of the times, and this is the current fad among the younguns...

I have dated women with piercings, some sexy, some I wish I could just tear out, but knowing the person and their motives behind getting something like that is more important to me than what the piercing actually looks like. I can remember my father, who is around your age (I read the other thread btw
), going off his rocker at me and my brother over ear piercings in the late 80s. Now I have a ten year old daughter who asked me recently when she can get her first body piercing. Will I stop her? At the moment, yes, but come age 14 or 15, if she still wants to go through with it, I see no reason not to. Piercings aren't permanent, take them out, they close up. That is coming from someone who has had them in the past, so really, no. I don't find them annoying to the degree you do...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

edit on 10-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I had my belly button pierced and if I didn't put a heavy diamond in it, it would of never fallen out. Now I'm scarred for life. It was painful and I will never have another piercing or a tattoo ever. To each their own though. No tattoos and no piercings for me.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
To answer the question directly, I find it very attractive.. if done right

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenujenkins
Just remember, nothing is quite as pathetic as someone who is old and just won't accept it, and is covered in the "decisions" of their youth. Better yet, its a constant reminder as you age that what was once cool to you is now embarrassing. Ever see a senior citizen with grey hair and a walker with big fat neck tattoos?

I have worked with so many elderly patients that were in the Navy and in Vietnam etc. They are covered in tattoos that are now skin weathered and wrinkled. None of them appear ashamed and I don't judge....

If anything, some of the tattoos make it easier to find a vein....Like a patient I had who would always remind me, get the vein between her chest

I love asking them about there tattoos. There is usually so much history that goes along with them. I never make fun or laugh. Obviously when a person gets a tattoo they know that one day they will get old, so who really cares??

As far as piercings, I have my nose pierced. I get compliments all the time when I wear it. Of course I do not wear it all the time, and when I don't wear it, you cant even tell that there is a hole there.....
edit on 10-6-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Discrete is ok, I guess. I don't go for tongue piercings. I find that a turn off.

But discrete tatts ok... I can't talk I'm covered in them, but this : I don't find attractive despite her being a beautiful woman... pity she's off limits as she plays for her own team, but her without all that ink would have been much nicer on the eye.

on the other hand, this minus the tatts would have made absolutely no difference... Oo

meh, we're all different..

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Did it occur to you that it makes them feel attractive just for themselves? Not all women do things with the intent to attract someone. Sometimes we do things that make us feel pretty because it simply makes us feel pretty; added bonus if someone we desire likes it too...and chances are, if they're into piercing etc, they're hanging out with groups that are also into piercing or will attract people from outside the group whom are into piercings or other body modifications.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by jiggerj

I'd have to agree with the poster who said people largely do these things for themselves, and not as some "look at me" thing, although I suspect there are many who do this also. I guess it's just a sign of the times, and this is the current fad among the younguns...

I have dated women with piercings, some sexy, some I wish I could just tear out, but knowing the person and their motives behind getting something like that is more important to me than what the piercing actually looks like. I can remember my father, who is around your age (I read the other thread btw
), going off his rocker at me and my brother over ear piercings in the late 80s. Now I have a ten year old daughter who asked me recently when she can get her first body piercing. Will I stop her? At the moment, yes, but come age 14 or 15, if she still wants to go through with it, I see no reason not to. Piercings aren't permanent, take them out, they close up. That is coming from someone who has had them in the past, so really, no. I don't find them annoying to the degree you do...

I admit it, I'm old and set in my ways. Don't know when I became a dinosaur but I think it was when kids started putting ketchup hot dogs. When I was a kid we used MUSTARD! Dang kids these days.

edit on 6/10/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid
reply to post by jiggerj

Did it occur to you that it makes them feel attractive just for themselves? Not all women do things with the intent to attract someone. Sometimes we do things that make us feel pretty because it simply makes us feel pretty;

Good, can you tell your friends: it's not working. Yikes!

Nothing hanging from the nostrils is pretty.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
You see a beautiful woman, only she keeps sticking her tongue out just enough for you to see that its pierced.
Another woman has something on her nose that you want her to wipe away, but she can't because it's a piercing.
Another woman has that thing sticking through the skin next to her eyebrow.

Are these piercings attractive or annoying to look at?

My vote: ANNOYING!

My vote is also Annoying! I just don't see any reason for them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join