It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA secret files

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Also...since I missed the beginning of the show...maybe Phage or Jim or somebody can say a few words about:

at about 2:10. Please explain that.

The camera is moving at the same time the "object" comes into frame. This accounts for the speed illusion, as well as the direction change illusion.

If this can't be seen as plainly obvious, then, there's not really much more to say.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
when the discovery isn't filming a load of people at work, they seem to only ever makes debunk programmes (i have yet to see a ufo doc on discovery that dosen't mock supposed abductees and their stories), they hardly ever put out documentaries that give both sides of the stories. they always advertise the shows like they have all the answers but in reality they give no answers whatsoever and they just leave you with more questions. whether it's about nasa, ancient aliens ufos or whatever, they will never fully answer the question, they just leave you hangin. this is my merely opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

When are people going to give up on these videos

Video 1

Has been debunked to death, but the same old people will not let go! I hear people scream "its obvious the objects go behind the tether" Well, this has been proved that the objects could be close to the camera, but give of the illusion that they go behind the tether. Also, i would like to ad this. Believers in this footage believe that they are seeing huge flying discs. If this is the case, then why are they at the same angle. I mean, i plane will look different in the sky depending from the angle. To say that these objects are all facing the camera is just stupid and impossible. Makes more sense that they are close to the camera because we have seen the same shapes on other camera artifacts.

Video 2

While i like this video, its still not proof that something odd is happening. Yes, they seem to set up formation, but that could be just a fluke. Its still not proff that these are ET.

Video 3

Now, this footage i find amazing that anyone thinks is strange. Notice just before the object changes direction, there is a zoom effect happening. You can see this if you look at the earth, which seems to rotate very quick for about 3 secs. As soon as this stops, is when the object changes. Obviously this has something to do with what the camera was doing at the time.

Being someone who has an interest in ufos, and has done for twenty years, and also someone who believes that some ufo cases defy explanation and need further scientific investigation, i really find nothing in these nasa videos that make me believe that they are ET, or something strange. Just my opinion

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

reply to post by SpearMint

so they're explanations are SO much more likely to be true

This is a human perspective problem. Nature doesn't care about "more likely". Things that have a low mathematical probability of occurring, do occur. If you play poker...you will notice these things. Low or high probability is only our way of trying to predict an event which in it's self is not tied to the probability.

What is a probability of a deep space asteroid hitting the earth? very very low...yet it happens. It has happened.

Yes but that's a whole different type of probability, it's not a matter of if/when something will happen. The worldwide experts in the field say it's one thing, you're saying it's another based on nothing. It's more than that though, you're saying it's something that we don't have any evidence of even existing. We know asteroids exist, we know they hit planets, we can prove it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

and these things flying...or no doubt ice particles...and are very very very close to camera. No doubt you know all this...well...'cos NASA told you right?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Just to throw this out there but why do people assume that every unidentified craft belgons to the US government or must be alien? Contrary to popular belief there are other countries on this planet who are just as capable as the US is.

Just because we have not figured out anti gravity doesnt mean some other country has not figured it out.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Exactly, this is so obvious that the change of speed and the change of direction is to do with the camera. But the op still posted it as unexplained

Now a message to the OP. Are you going to admit that you were wrong about this video. If not, then i will class you as the countless many other people who just want to believe and never change their mind, even if wrong.

If thats the case, then its pointless debating with you

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

and these things flying...or no doubt ice particles...and are very very very close to camera. No doubt you know all this...well...'cos NASA told you right?

No, its logic! Have you not listened to what people have been telling you. Its been proven that its to do with the camera, but you still refuse to change your mind. God, you cant debate with hardcore believers and debunkers

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Well, to you this is maybe nothing...but there are numerous historical records speaking of flying metalic objects...in times when there was no flying machines. There are drawings and written records...and even mass sightings.

Sure...you can disregard all that and call them bonkers...but that's not scientif

If you wanna talk probabilities..ok...

what is more probable:

In this wastnes of universe...we are alone or there are many species?

Have they visited earth?

According to our limited knowledge, which is tied to our current tech level...we think they couldn't have reached us. It's too far out. But you see...their perspective is much different than ours

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I noticed to zoom only after somebody pointed it out. Still you blindly assume that it's just ice...'cos it cant be anything else.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

No, its logic! Have you not listened to what people have been telling you. Its been proven that its to do with the camera, but you still refuse to change your mind. God, you cant debate with hardcore believers and debunkers

the speed and change in direction perhaps is explained by the camera zooming in. I accept that upon somebody point out the zoom i havent noticed at first. But you still take it on blind faith that it's just ice. The frequently used excuse.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I noticed to zoom only after somebody pointed it out. Still you blindly assume that it's just ice...'cos it cant be anything else.

wrong! I very interested in the nasa footage when
i first saw it. But unlike you, i studied the footage,
listened to both sides of the arguments, and that's
how i came to my conclusions. Because i believe
that some ufos defy explanation, does not mean
i cant and wont admit i am wrong about cases/photos
and footage, because i have been wrong, and i admit
that. This subject is about learning, and seperating the
good from the bad. This is hard when you have hardcore
believers and debunkers who make this subject a joke.

Okay, with your logic, then everything we see in space
could be ET. Please use logic.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Okay, answer me this. In the tether footage, why do we see
these huge disc shaped objects from the same angle?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I don't know what NASA knows but quite a few of their astronauts believe in UFOs

www.Syti.net...

On May 15, 1963 Major Gordon Cooper shot into space in a mercury capsule and told the tracking station at Muchea (near Perth) that he could see a glowing, green object quickly approaching him. Other astronauts who believe in UFOs: Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. To see the complete list and their claims click on the site above.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Not sure what you mean? As the circular object cutouts are facing the same way? I have watched it again and it's very loose. They aren't all identical. They move at different speeds, and are different sizes. The cut out is also not at the same side on all objects. They are also moving in different directions.

so...maybe I'm wrong here but:

1. different sizes
2. different speeds
3. different directions
4. cutout not really in the same place on all of them

....and you claim it's all video glitch...?

fine

if it's a light glitch in the camera....when zoomed in too much...than I suppose all "pie" objects which are, in your opinion artifacts of the camera zooming in, shouldn't they all move at the same speed at least? How can some camera artifacts move faster than the other ones? If they aren't real objects...
edit on 10-6-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Not sure what you mean? As the circular object cutouts are facing the same way? I have watched it again and it's very loose. They aren't all identical. They move at different speeds, and are different sizes. The cut out is also not at the same side on all objects. They are also moving in different directions.

so...maybe I'm wrong here but:

1. different sizes
2. different speeds
3. different directions
4. cutout not really in the same place on all of them

....and you claim it's all video glitch...?

fine

I dont think you understand what i am trying to say. Now, you and others claim that these are huge disc objects, right? Just like a plane, a dics object will look different depending on what angle you them. Look up at the sky and view a plane as it goes by, and you will see this. It will be exactly the same with a disc shaped object. So why do we see the disc shaped pbjects all at the same angle. There is just no logic in that at all. If i disc shape object is above us, then yes, it would look like the objects in the footage, but for them to be all facing the same angle as they fly around the tether is just stupid, and logic should tell you that actually these objects are close to the camera and the dics shaped objects are artifacts.

You see the same artifacts in photos taken of eath when the camer is zommed, that look exactly the same. Are these huge ufos too lol

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

thanks for the link. These man have been to space, and have seen things, that are at least unexplainable. But NASA laughs at these men today or ignore them. A guy that sits at the NASA office knows better them them. After all, he has internet access. No need to go in space and look. We have too many glitchy cameras than to rely on some "crazy" astronauts word.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

...no proof?

Well...I say it's aliens...prove me wrong

You are obviously exactly the target audence the program was aimed at.

If you are really curious about the subject, i suggest you read my '99 FAQs About 'Space UFOs'" on my home page and at least balance the arguments about facts and interpretations, in your mind.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

the point is...the are using authority to explain strange..without really knowing. It's guesswork.

This has GOT to be a top contender for June's 'mirror-imaging-of-the-month' howler.

My advice is to learn more about a subject as complex as spaceflight, before acting as an expert, and proclaiming yourself smarter than people who have made a profession out of it. And wildly calling a lot of them liars.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

there are many more objects that are passing in front, behind, and around the tether, that are not circularly shaped. Please tell me you see them. How can you be sure it's not the same objects but from different angles?

And please...comment on my question...if it were camera glitches...would the movement of all circular objects be more uniform...similar if not identical in the sense of speed primarily, not so much the direction. The circular shaped reflector could possibly reflect light in different directions...but speed?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join