It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pacquiao vs Bradley...Best PPV fight I've seen in awhile....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

It's a simple blood test. It doesn't have to be done the day of the fight or the day before. Olympic athletes take them all the time.

Floyd said: "As the 2 best fighters on the planet, I wanted Manny to take the tests with me, to clean the sport.
To lead by example.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dembow
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

I wouldn't fight Manny either. Dude has championships in 8 divisions, 8!!!
In boxing weight is important. Imagine De la Hoya knocking out heavyweights.
It's suspicious.

Didn't know Manny ever agreed to the tests, last thing i remember him saying is that taking blood makes him feel weak.

You know Mayweather also started off his professional career around the same weight as Pacquiao?

Another example of a boxer who climbed the weight-classes is Henry Armstrong.

Really, Manny holds titles in alphabet classes, so you wouldn't count then as linear championships.

Maybe it is suspicious, but Manny has never been tested positive..Whereas Floyd ended up fighting Moseley, who has been.

If you look at his weights, for the past 7+ fights, his weight has always gradually risen. Last night's fight, he weighed in officially at 147, his heaviest ever.

Like I said, Manny had accepted Floyd's OSDT demands, but within a certain time leading up to the fight..Floyd then changes the proposal again? Come on now.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Anyway..If the fight does happen eventually, I'd see it being a close fight. Either fighter could win & a fight can always change from one punch.

Mayweather is an elite fighter, with great defensive skills & ringsmanship. He comes from a pure-bred boxing family, since his father & two uncles were all professional boxers, having fought guys like Leonard, Whitaker & Chavez.
Pacquiao is a great volume puncher with the heart of a lion (coming from an impoverished background). His handspeed & movement is on par with Mayweather, if not faster..& he's a southpaw (Floyd's had trouble with lefties in the past).

As much as I'd like to see Manny win, Mayweather could prove too elusive for him "if" they ever fight. But then again, if Pacquiao showed his form of 1-2 years ago, it could be a different story.

But first, we gotta wait for Pacquiao-Bradley II, & for Mayweather to get out of jail lol
edit on 10-6-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

mayweather uses lidocaine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's a legal performance enhancing drug.

-subfab

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There's no way Bradley bested the champ last night.
Boxing continues to be the most corrupt sport in the West.

edit on 10-6-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Ok ok...Lets just get this clear! I am a huge pac man fan, but come on...Bradley proven to keep up with a world class champ regardless....Everyone who finally paid money for a PPV fight got their monies worth. Maybe the judging was off...But nevertheless, the fight had potential. Pac man could of knocked out Bradley but I think Bradley had energy and balance that Pac man didn't expect...This will open up for a good fight...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Ok ok...Lets just get this clear! I am a huge pac man fan, but come on...Bradley proven to keep up with a world class champ regardless....

My analysis has nothing to do with fan-based biased - I'm actually MMA fan, not really a die-hard boxing fan.
However, I watched the entire fight with eyes peeled, and I've seen enough fights to know whether someone's been beaten.

Surviving in the ring with the champ doesn't mean you've bested the champ - a world of difference there in my opinion.

Pacquaio landed 24% of his jabs and 39% of his power punches.
Bradley landed 11% of his jabs and 28% of his power punches.

A good contest, but the champ simply wasn't beaten.

There was never a moment when Pacquiao was in trouble, and why the judges decided to give the quiet rounds to Bradley is beyond me. However Pacquiao did take his time getting to the ring and could have pissed off of the promoters, etc.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Your an MMA fan I understand that....Once MMA becomes as popular as boxing you will be facing the same consequences of fixed matches....Mark my words...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join