It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallica's hidden spiritual themes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Metallica has hidden themes and symbolism in it that most people don't notice.

www.TheHermetica.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MayorOfCydonia

how is anything hidden, they go from mainstrem religion to pagenism and make it sound good.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MayorOfCydonia

Sorry,Mayor; but there is alot more to Metallica than just " Death". they are so talented, it's a shame you would want to classify there music into a single genre'

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MayorOfCydonia
Metallica has hidden themes and symbolism in it that most people don't notice.

www.TheHermetica.com...

Yes. When you read those lyrics you know that at least one of the persons in that band has woken up.

If you wanna have some fun start reading all lyrics you can as written by an enlightened prophet sent on a mission talking to the other side.

You can start with
Counting crows
Creed
Peter Gabriel
Phil Collins
New republic
U2
System Of a Down
Cold Play
Gnarls Barkley
REM
Garbage
Sia
The Prodgidy

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

and nothing else matters.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
You can interpret their songs however you like, but I don't see Metallica as a spiritual band. Half their careers they were angry, raging alcoholics. They didn't take Cliff Burton's death well at all which seems to contradict the views you claim they have about death. I think their songs are much more about anger and frustration that comes with being a teenage male. Metal songs aren't about women and money, they are about war, drugs, and death. I can find the same things your link talks about in Gwar lyrics. Should we start taking Gwar seriously and call them spiritual?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Metallica has all kinds of themes in their music including religious themes, take the song creeping death for example, the song creeping death is the story of moses, read the lyrics

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by righteyered
You can interpret their songs however you like, but I don't see Metallica as a spiritual band. Half their careers they were angry, raging alcoholics. They didn't take Cliff Burton's death well at all which seems to contradict the views you claim they have about death. I think their songs are much more about anger and frustration that comes with being a teenage male. Metal songs aren't about women and money, they are about war, drugs, and death. I can find the same things your link talks about in Gwar lyrics. Should we start taking Gwar seriously and call them spiritual?

Of course they are angry. It is a pain/strugle being in this place filled with duality conditioning when you know more than the dreamers who cant wake up. Look at the below lyric and say it is not about god.

"Nothing Else Matters"

So close no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart (could not be more loving/devine)
Forever trusting who we are (forevery trusting what we are)
And nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way (not following false conditioning made by the unenlightened)
All these words I don't just say
And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you (in the true god behind all views)
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view (ego drop, listening to other views and questioning your own views)
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they do (the ego servicetoself driven)
Never cared for what they know (the conidtioning/ego views)
But I know (the reality behind all the views)

Metallica-Enter Sandman

Say your prayers little one
Don't forget my son
To include everyone (all souls)
I tuck you in
Warm within
Keep you free from sin
'Til the sandman he comes

Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight

Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
We're off to never never-land

Something's wrong, shut the light
Heavy thoughts tonight
And they aren't of snow white
Dreams of war
Dreams of lies
Dreams of dragons fire
And of things that will bite, yeah

Sleep with one eye open
Grippin' your pillow tight
Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
We're off to never never-land

(Whisper)
Now I lay me down to sleep (x2)
Pray the lord my soul to keep (x2)
And if I die before I wake (x2)
Pray the lord my soul to take (x2)

Hush little baby don't say a word
And never mind that noise you heard
It's just the beast under your bed
In your closet in your head (the ego beast)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Metalli who?

You mean that band that sold out to country and western / pop crossover?

Yeah they were good once. Then they got old. And then no one cared... and they died.

mama said...

edit on 10-6-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hetfield is a lyrical genius and there is no "decoding" to be done....interpret Metallica's songs as you please, that's the way it is supposed to be.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
For some reason, I was thinking about this thread long after I first read it....and, aside from the spiritual message some may find in Metallica's music....the message I receive is of a group of people making great music and the music changing with them over the years.

They are called sell-outs because they wanted to try new things. They are called sell-outs for going back to old things. They've just been around long enough now, and are popular enough, to be called all things.

Now they even get spiritual messages implied in their music.

I'd like to take you all back, to when Metallica was ripe, with one of my favorite live videos of all time:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
yes you can find meaning for something if you put it there even if it was not the intention of the artist which is why people interpret things in different ways. In the Enter Sandman one can argue weird hints, there is a fallout shelter sign in the kids room @ around 0:30 - 0:36 you can see it. Also in part of his dream he is falling from a building in New York. The arrow in his room says one way and is pointed downward, those were used in combination of the fallout sign to show people were to be safe from radiation.
Fallout Sign Info

edit on 30-7-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I discovered Metallica around Ride the Lightning and was into them heavy until after the Black Album.

You can say they sold out but then what about the Black Album with the more mainstream/commercial production and engineering on that record.# Enter Sandman,Nothing else Matters werd getting play on Top öf the Pops,ffs.lol.

The Black Album is a masterpiece,much more commercially successful but sold out,,they didnt when they played Glasgow SECC that year believe me !!!!

Did they sell out with the change of direction ??

Can't say cos the change wasnt for me n where they went then I don't know,I was/am old school Metallica !!!

Wherever they went or may be they will always be hightly talented,creative musicians/songwriters and do it their own way !!

As far spiritual themes,you'd have to stretch the lyrics of any song from the first five albums,I mean stretch it beyond what the song is about to make it fit.

Maybe Leper Messiah,haha.

Creeping Death will always be my favourite track of the lot !!

join