It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our concept of "The creator" Anthropomorphic?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
In answer to the OP's question: yes

Man created God in his own image.

Logically, if there are gods, or a God, they are likely to look like humans in the same way that giraffes looks like massive thousand mile wide lumps of uranium and sulphur.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EncompassAll

The image is all there is and the image is knowing itself.
Man separates himself from the image (he doesn't ever really do that cause it is impossible, he just imagines he is separate).
The belief that he (man) is separate from the whole image is what causes the human condition of suffering.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

it is ur allegation not mine, so claiming that artificial intelligence is god existence is like claiming that u r intelligence truth which is absurd since it is obvious that u r stupid as all evil livings are

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Ow.

You hurt my feeling.

Programmed Universe
edit on 6/10/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

said the machine

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EncompassAll
reply to post by ImaFungi

The mind is a microcosm of the universe. I like that concept. When we have thoughts as you described. Those thoughts exist as an abstract version of the conciousness that we use to create them. They dont look like the creator but there made from the same thing. Im not saying the creator put his feet up and said right lets see what happens. Im saying that from the creators point of view. Its all the same anyway. The universe is just an abstract version of what was used to create it, like a thought itself. If the creator values this thought then fair enough. Nobody can say this for sure. In the scheme of things we might just be the inspiration for something bigger. The proccess or train of thought, thats leading to an eventual outcome. Again though nobody can say this for sure.

Whatever way you look at it. What the creator looks like or acts like does,nt matter. Its merely the spark that started it all. It does,nt require any anthropomorphic nature of any kind. It is what it is.
edit on 10-6-2012 by EncompassAll because: (no reason given)

the one thing i wanna say in response is,.,,,.,. we would rightfully so assume the creator values his creation,,, that he created all that is in all its glory because he really wanted to.... the in depth process, and potential for life and all its lessons,,,.., a human artist or architect or sandwich maker desirees for his creation to come out as perfect as possible,,, bottom line the creator puts his time and energy into his creation,,,,,, if a creator created the universe, and time later, humans arise, and time later, humans do all that they now do,, analyzing all humans are able to do, and assuming much more,,, what we possess as life in it self i would already call a great function of creation,.,.,.,.,. if noone created anything physical there would be nothing,, from nothing, how impressive are humans and all they can do?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Beautifully said. Fantastic.

Oh yes, what a marvelous sight. Be amazed at all of existence.
The sight, the image, the scene, the view, the sound, appears out of nowhere and disappears back to nothing and is seen and known by no thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

The sight, the image, the scene, the view, the sound, appears out of nowhere and disappears back to nothing and is seen and known by no thing.

it only disappears back to nothing because we are finite/mortal....... so subjectively to us when we are born it appears when we die it disappears,,,, but before we were born it has been, and after we die it will be.......

and its only because of this, that were were able to become ourselves at all in the first place.
edit on 10-6-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

it only disappears back to nothing because we are finite/mortal....... so subjectively to us when we are born it appears when we die it disappears,,,, but before we were born it has been, and after we die it will be.......

and its only because of this, that were were able to become ourselves at all in the first place.
edit on 10-6-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

It never disappears, it is constant. It is the backdrop, the background to all existence. The mind appears on it.
Nothing is the space for things to beable to appear. Find that and know your true self.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Existence is constantly disappearing. What you are never disappears.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Existence is constantly disappearing. What you are never disappears.

this depends on what you define your self as....... you must admit part of that definition includes your physical body, for in this life the things you've seen, come to know, and thought, would not be possible without the intimate relationship between mind and body,.,., and so i must say, yes what you are will disappear.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

All that appears disappears. But nothing can appear without the presence of awareness.
Without awareness being present there is nothing. With awareness present nothing appears - as form.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

ok i catch your drift..... nothing can appear with out appearing to something that is aware of the appearance,, but you are using specific words.. can something exist without awareness? the asteroids floating in space may not have any awareness around to appear to, but they exist......

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Back when the Bible was written , actually plagiarized from earlier texts, mankind was a brutish, simple minded, uneducated lout that was incapable of understanding abstract thought. Thus the graphic images/painting in the churches, commissioned by the priests to show and guide the the serfs to their redemption and allegiance to the mother church and GOD the Father.

A control mechanism that if you didn't believe and behave, then GOD the Father would metaphorically beat the **** out of you until you conformed.

Not much has changed in Western religious Dogma; it's still a very effective meme.

Not long ago I would have been branded a heretic, tortured and burned at the stake.

caution graphic images...

www.cuttingedge.org...

edit on 10-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Existence is an appearance, it appears as asteroids and all that makes up the illusion. The movie of existence is full of everything you could imagine because as soon as it is imagined it has been given existence, a dream within the dream.
The real, the reality, is; that nothing can appear without an aware presence being present for it to appear to.
You are that.
The dream will change constantly but the dreamer stays the same.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

ok ok,,,, so your kinda saying,,,,,,, i can think i am different then you and a hippo,,, and i am because i am attached to my concealed mind, and this concealed mind is how i immediately experience me and the world,.,.,. but the particles and chemicals that make up the mind are the same,,, and the world/universe the mind views and thinks about regardless of interpretation is the same for you and i?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

ok ok,,,, so your kinda saying,,,,,,, i can think i am different then you and a hippo,,, and i am because i am attached to my concealed mind, and this concealed mind is how i immediately experience me and the world,.,.,. but the particles and chemicals that make up the mind are the same,,, and the world/universe the mind views and thinks about regardless of interpretation is the same for you and i?

Everything is here now as this. This is all that existence is appearing as. What is where you are is all that you know, you contain all that is known as existence. Whether it is experienced as the color and texture of the moment 'without' thought telling it what it is or 'with' thought telling existence what it is, what it should be, it has to be known by a present awareness. That awareness is prior to interpretation, prior to any label that any thought could capture.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
"Everything is here now as this."

i dont follow...... everything is not here... i am speaking for myself,,,, myself is now in my room.... everything is not in my room......... so i guess i need you to define here...... and now........ and this.......

"This is all that existence is appearing as."

so your trying to say everything the exists and can exists can exist and exists?

"What is where you are is all that you know, you contain all that is known as existence. "

ok so this is saying, to me at least...... there is no such thing as objective truth..... only what a subjective individual knows is all the knowledge that the individual contains and that is what you think is important? subjectively to the person yes that is whats important, but according to everything else,, putting yourself in everything elses shoes, now what is important about what that individual knows or thinks it knows?

"Whether it is experienced as the color and texture of the moment 'without' thought telling it what it is or 'with' thought telling existence what it is, what it should be, it has to be known by a present awareness."

ok,.., something must do the experiencing in order to experience? you might be saying a bit more with this sentence but i cant decipher what it may be..

"That awareness is prior to interpretation, prior to any label that any thought could capture"

ok,,, the mechanism of awareness ( the thing that does the experiencing in order to capture experience; disect it and compute it, and store it in memory) is primal and exists before the awareness can organize what it is observing/experiencing......... a baby is born and it is pure awareness,.,., but we cant ignore the existence of the physical reality that baby is born into,,,, and all that had to happen for that physical reality to present itself,,, all the complex components of that reality, the materials that make it up,,, the setting for this baby of awareness....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

This is the current configuration of existence, 'this' that is known.
Without the knower of the dream (current configuration of constantly changing existence) there can be no dream.
The dream and the dreamer are one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join