It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So I'm guessing that you'll be returning all your Christmas presents then?

Yeah, thought not.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Perhaps the teacher has been trying to do so.
Perhaps the "instruction" of the sister has interfered.

does this then reflect upon the abilities of the sister?
or the in-abilities of the teacher?

by using your logic, it would be much more effective to educate the sister properly and employ her as the teacher while also sending the teacher back to high school.
if the teacher does not have the ability to reach the child and must resort to punishment in order to modify perceptions, not behaviors, then the teacher is incompetent.

what most people seem to be missing is that punishment is used to modify behaviors.
it is not used to modify perceptions, beliefs or opinions.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kyviecaldges

Not the abilities of the sister. The intent of the sister. There is no indication that the sister is encouraging critical thought, quite the contrary.

A teacher has the little sister for a few hours a day, along with the rest of the class. Why task her with undoing what she is exposed to at home? Blaming the teacher for what happens at home is all to common. Often because home does nothing to support the teacher her efforts.

edit on 6/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Is she not doing the same thing with what she learns at school.

Not everything we learn at school is the truth. Not everything. a lot of the history and politics we are taught will be taught with an agenda in mind for the system your are being prepared for.

You get brought up in an english school you leave school english, brought up in a german school, you leave school german, brought up in a french scholl you leave school french...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
Teachers are ridiculous with conspiracies and the sort. I remember in high school I got sent to the principals office for not standing up when we had to say the pledge. I mean the person on the mic says "please stand for the pledge" it doesn't mean I have to, and I shouldn't have to if I don't want to, but schools follow text books, therefore they will act this way towards conspiracy theorists. I hope your sister doesn't give up the fight. Good luck to you both.

Unfortunately it's the true fact that the schools still follow their old rules and don't take conspiracy theorists seriously. Let's take a look at for example the Roswell Incident case, as i think the school teachers will say >>The Roswell incident in 1947 was simply just a weather balloon, and what the Roswell witnesses also saw was nothing more than 6 feet tall anthropomorphic test dummies used for parachute tests as the Air Force put it

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Sure children can understand a lot of thing. I understood a lot myself. To say there is nothing to corrupt them is false though. There are a many children that are corrupt at a young age. Kids learn to lie to protect themselves at an early age. I know for a fact that by 7 I had my own bit of corruption going. Only the young girl herself knows her own depth of corruption she has, her sister and parents can only guess from what they see. The sister is now 10.

There have been child serial killers at the age of 10.

At the tender age of just 10 years old, one day before her 11th birthday, Mary Bell would commit her first murder.

mrwilliams.hubpages.com...

The sister spoken about in the OP might not be a serial killer but she certainly has her depth of corruption. Certainly children understand things, they understand them differently than what an adult should though. Let us not forget the girl who killed herself recently because of conspiracies.

A teenager hanged herself after becoming convinced the world would end in 2012 after researching doomsday scenarios on the internet, an inquest heard.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... d

Then we can go back to statements made by the OP herself. She does not trust anything textbook "just because it was written by someone else", this was brought up over a comment of text book psychology, yet she seems to embrace anything conspiracy she finds on the internet. That alone is cause for a bit of concern.

Now let's talk about the brain and development.

You might think that you become fully mature when you turn 21 but new research suggests that your brain does not stop developing until your late 40s.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"The brain of an 18-year-old college freshman is still far from resembling the brain of someone in their mid-twenties," says Bennett. "When do we reach adulthood? It might be much later than we traditionally think."

www.dartmouth.edu...

Myelination of axons begins during childhood and is completed at the end of adolescence, around the mid-20s. Myelination in the frontal lobe — the brain region responsible for decision-making — happens last, and it was in this region that the brains of risk-seeking teens in the study showed greater development compared with the frontal lobes of their more restrained peers.

Read more: www.time.com...

A young woman reaches full maturity, in terms of brain development, between 21 and 22 years of age. A young man does not reach full maturity, in terms of brain development, until nearly 30 years of age.

www.education.com...

I still question the last link a bit thinking it later than they are quoted at. I would add about 5 more years to the females. Sure they mature quicker than males but I still question the 21-22 range. Viewing a number of young ladies today I see them still make many choices that maturity would keep them from doing.

The OP herself is only 18 leaving a great deal of maturing to go. But of this is textbook stuff so it cannot be as true as the stuff Alex Jones says. I once thought Mr. Jones made a lot of sense myself, after years of research I have come to the conclusion that he is not that reliable. Sure some of the stuff he says is true, but really he over dramatizes so much he loses credibility.

Understanding and thinking things through critically are different things. Understanding things in a mature fashion and just understanding them is different. Teaching her sister to question stuff is not the problem. Drilling stuff into her head she cannot fully comprehend is another story.

Raist

edit on 6/10/12 by Raist because: edit for adding age of sister

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by windword

So then they should stick to the three R's... reading writing and arithmetic. Leave all else to later.

If they read they can find out on their own.
If they write they can ask questions.
And if they can add they can add it all up.

As far as "academics" in the primary grades... YES, that's what they do. You have to learn the basics before you can build on them. Luckily, in today's world, they also get art, music, PE and other methods and modes of learning in, but when you get right down to it, reading, writing and arithmetic are the bare-basics. Of course, who wants to do only the bare basics when there are so many more things out there like history, science, art, logical thinking, critical thinking, asking questions (appropriately to find answers)... there's a whole world out there, but you have to have the "basics" before you can experience it and it's better to learn in the safe environment of school then to have to learn it out in the "real world"
Schools aren't supposed to teach them every little fact that exist, they're supposed to teach them how to find those facts if they need them or are interested in them. It's up to the individual to take it further if it's not something that's hit upon in the curriculum.

Instead of thinking of it as them being taught "The wrong history" think of it as them being taught "a version of history then learning to look at it critically and ask questions about it" since that is what is actually being done. They have to have a foundation upon which to work in order to get to the question part. If the only thing they've been exposed to is "The sky is blue" then every question they ever ask would be based on the sky or the color blue, it's not until they learn that color is the reflection of light waves and the sky is made up of gases and dust particles and dust particles are made of matter that reflects the light that they are able to understand that the sky is blue BECAUSE the the dust particles are so small they only reflect the waves that our eyes discern as blue in color... it's a building process and you have to have blocks to build with.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Ignorant people fear wise people, always have.

Fear for your sister was expressed. Not fear of her.
So is it you, who are "instructing" her, the one who is wise? That seems to be what you meant.

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by Phage

That isn't just my belief system. Those are facts. Neither of those holidays are Christian, they are both Pagan.

And the reason I worded it so bluntly (Easter being evil, Christmas being unholy) is because that's the way she made it sound when she re-told the story. She made it seem a bit more extreme than I intended.

I thought that was implied.

Notice that she made it more extreme then intended... that should tell you something

A picture of my step daughter when she was 12 come to my mind. I had put her on a week of phone restriction. Her reaction was to raise her fist in the air and scream out for justice from Jesus.........

"Dear lord JEEEEEEZUS, pray for you to come and smite this "Whore of Babylon" with your mighty RIGHTEOUSNESSSSSSSSS!" etc.........

She got 2 weeks of phone restriction as a result.

In my mind the OP's sister is challenging the truth of the curriculum, the text book and the teacher. She is disrupting the lesson plan and calling it lies, and maybe even calling the teacher a harbinger of these lie. She is alienating all the other Christian children, who now have to be set straight by their parents, and is general a bad influence in class.

She may be acting out in an aggressive, sassy manner, believing herself to be in the know of the "real" truth, so as to push the teacher's buttons. After all, teachers are only people, not divinely appointed saints, just people with a calling that have a job to do.

Woah, that is a lot of MAYBE's in there.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

She should have been expelled. It would have done your sister a favor. since apparently teachers don't like it when students outsmart them.

She should write another poem and send it to her.

"Roses are Red
Violets are blue
Your school is a conspiracy
and so are you"

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Teachers have been under hardcore indoctrination and decades of extreme left wing propaganda, so it is no surprise this has happened..

The teachers unions all spew a never ending stream of propaganda at teachers, they tell them who to vote for, what to vote for, etc...

The end result is all these people towing the company line for whatever agenda or affiliations are present in the unions..

I would expect there to be CIA or NSA involvement in this to see it happen in order to "preserve" their status quo..

Those agencies have their hands in every pie and are exerting influence wherever and anywhere they can to do that..

Just look at how left or right has large portions of folks all towing some bandwagon theme and belief without questioning it..

I think right or left has this so that people never see outside that microcosm.. Brought to us by some very devious and smart, but corrupt people...

Is this supposed to be an example of the crazy stuff the little girl was going on and on about that was disrupting the class and got her in trouble to start with?
I don't blame the teacher for sending her out for all that crazy stuff!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Not the abilities of the sister. The intent of the sister. There is no indication that the sister is encouraging critical thought, quite the contrary.

A teacher has the little sister for a few hours a day, along with the rest of the class. Why task her with undoing what she is exposed to at home?

understanding intent is difficult and nebulous, at best.

is the sister trying, intentionally, to cause the young lady harm by teaching her historical innacuracies?

no way dude.

if anything, the sister's intent is noble.
the sister intends to teach the young lady her perception of historical truths.

regardless of the validity of the sister's "truths", intent rests within the motivation of the sister only.
intent cannot be factored objectively.

and, the teacher is not tasked with undoing anything.

the only task of the teacher is to teach the child the skills necessary to discern the valid from the invalid.

this is the foundation for the scientific method and all research.

an argument could be made that the very same inaccuracies and fallacies being taught by the sister are the result of poor basic learning skills.
basic learning skills that teachers are tasked to teach to the children in their classes.

the same situation that failed the older sister could be failing the younger sister.
edit on 10/6/2012 by kyviecaldges because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
btw, your sister got suspended for giving the teacher a sarcasm rasperry on a get well card, not "conspiracy theorizing"

So sarcasm is a big enough offence to have you expelled now days? Maybe the teacher needs to get a thicker skin.

Or maybe the sister needs to be in alternative school so the rest of the class can learn ... always more than one side to a story

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Schools don't like it when people think outside the box. Schools only exist to indoctrinate children and ensure that they become obedient 9-5 worker drones. Docile debt slaves. Remember kids, challenging the status quo is naughty!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyviecaldges

understanding intent is difficult and nebulous, at best.

is the sister trying, intentionally, to cause the young lady harm by teaching her historical innacuracies?

no way dude.

if anything, the sister's intent is noble.
the sister intends to teach the young lady her perception of historical truths.

regardless of the validity of the sister's "truths", intent rests within the motivation of the sister only.
intent cannot be factored objectively.

Intent is difficult, yet you clearly point out the intent yourself.

Does that mean intent is only difficult of others and not yourself?

Raist

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyviecaldges

Perhaps the teacher has been trying to do so.
Perhaps the "instruction" of the sister has interfered.

by using your logic, it would be much more effective to educate the sister properly and employ her as the teacher while also sending the teacher back to high school.
if the teacher does not have the ability to reach the child and must resort to punishment in order to modify perceptions, not behaviors, then the teacher is incompetent.

what most people seem to be missing is that punishment is used to modify behaviors.
it is not used to modify perceptions, beliefs or opinions.

So when your teenager sneaks out, "borrows the car" and does something they shouldn't do then the parents are incompetent?
If your baby smears mashed potatoes in her hair then you're an incompetent parent?
funny how it's sounds differently when the shoe is on the other foot....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Where it's your sister there's not much you can do......but your parents have every right to go down there and fight them for this.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
She dint get suspended for conspiracy theorizing .
She was suspended for trying to wind up a sick teacher with that poem .

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki10

Originally posted by neobludragon
Teachers are ridiculous with conspiracies and the sort. I remember in high school I got sent to the principals office for not standing up when we had to say the pledge. I mean the person on the mic says "please stand for the pledge" it doesn't mean I have to, and I shouldn't have to if I don't want to, but schools follow text books, therefore they will act this way towards conspiracy theorists. I hope your sister doesn't give up the fight. Good luck to you both.

Unfortunately it's the true fact that the schools still follow their old rules and don't take conspiracy theorists seriously. The schools will still for example say >>The Roswell incident was simply just a weather balloon, and what the Roswell witnesses also saw was nothing more than 6 feet tall anthropomorphic test dummies used for parachute tests as the Air Force put it

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thought, question....maybe or possibly my misunderstanding; but as a human we are capable at learning (and retaining) most of our true knowledge by the age of 6 -7? To ellaborate would be off topic and think the statement of "she is too young" is a statement that has been ingrained to be truely useless to the human race. When allowed - children who are given education from birth (and in womb per some) to ages of around 6 become very intelligent adults. Given the opportunity a 6 month old can swim before it walks, by 9 months old can sign language their needs before they can speak. Again - I could go on but off topic. THE TEACHER IS OUT OF LINE! And I hope your parents realize that the gov't school system only dumbs down the population.

I think another posted stated in correctly - she got her chance to "get her back." Sad that a grown woman feared your little sister! Good for you for opening her mind.

ps...I am a mother of a 3 yr old, a 21 yr old and a grandmother of a 5 month old. My oldest doesn't work - she spends every waking moment with her daughter - not a kinder kare while she slaves and someone else raises her. The 3 yr will not go to a public school - the 1st did and I almost lost her.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

A star for your sister and tell her, she's way ahead of me..............

Schools are not meant to educate they are meant to spread propaganda so the next generation of little worker drones are just smart enough to do their jobs but kept dumb enough not to know what's really going on.

Word of warning.

Now that your little sister knows how our Matrix works, your next duty to her is how to live, survive and eventually overthrow it.............but she must be careful least she get her little head chopped off or carted off to a Fema camp.

Video is long but worth downloading and watching. A real eye opener.

Description of video

Charlotte Iserbyt served as Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), U.S. Department of Education, during the first Reagan Administration.

Ever since, she's been exposing how educational systems throughout the world have been, gradually and by design, homogenized under UNESCO coordination. The purpose has always been to create a dumbed down, easily manageable, global population. That population would easily be transitioned into being mere human resources, under a new form of regime: a world governance system, run on an authoritarian type system -- a global slave plantation --, for the benefit of the dominant global hierarchy of international oligarchs.

Her book, "The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America" is a brilliantly documented exposé on this subject, comprising hundreds of original documents and official statements right from the horse's mouth: the records of big banking foundations, governments and UNESCO departments -- the institutions that created the blueprint for the worldwide education system that is now set in place, all across the world.

Download Mrs. Iserbyt's book, as well as other materials, on her websites:

www.deliberatedumbingdown.com...
www.americandeception.com...

I have her book, "The Dumbing Down of America and it's a scary read..............the NWO, The elite do not want a nation of thinkers, they want a nation of workers.

“I don’t want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers.” ~ John D. Rockefeller
(Founder of US General Education Board)

edit on 10-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join