It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones? You haven't seen anything yet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Saw this on drudge...

www.forbes.com...

Basically its a personal drone with cameras that accompanies people on their runs. So if I need a drone just to go on a run imagine what they will be selling for the rest of your life? An eye will always be on you, easily hacked into by any decently skilled person with a computer. I used to laugh when I saw movies like I Robot, like oh that will never happen. But it's even happening now. Im not worried about skynet (different movie I know) but the FBI, NSA have already have admitted they can and do spy on people through every day electronics...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Whatever is available commercially is usually miles behind what the military has. Who knows what they're already up to, that we just don't know about yet.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

It's going to look quite strange, a world full of people seemingly chasing their bots.
Definitely something different instead of the usual military applications.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Shhh those are just UFOs crazy person... Haha

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

your little drone friend flies in front of you.
dangling an enticing gift for an award....hmmm
...oh the humanity
.....I can just here it"hey,my drone can beat your drone"

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
one time i was using a lap top and the red light of the built in camera turned on.

i have never used the camera, know how to turn on the camera, used skype or have an account, but obviously someone managed to turn it on.

and i'm pretty sure, if the hacker is good enough, he could write a similar program like skype and infect your computer with it.

he could also include in the program a line of code to deactivate the camera light and turn on your computers mic.

i remember when webcams had shutters do avoid this very scenario, but now, most laptops have pin hole cameras with no shutters.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Somebody at the marketing company must have been pretty damn good with their sales pitch...if they would have put this idea in front of me I'd have laughed them out of the office...
edit on 9-6-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
If you are the average person who perhaps is a U.S. Citizen...or even if you are not...the NSA has the Worlds most interconnective Super Computing System ever devised and it picks up EVERY FORM OF TRANSMITTABLE DATA and Flags Key Words...spends a Millionth of a second checking it out and moves on.

Basically...if you are not up to anything that involves trying to Hurt People....you have nothing to worry about. But if you are some SCUMBAG intent on Killing or Bombing people...this system has worked very well many times to save people who never knew they were in danger.

The price we pay because of a Few Religious Fanatics. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

This is the first drone that really got me worried...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
one time i was using a lap top and the red light of the built in camera turned on.

i have never used the camera, know how to turn on the camera, used skype or have an account, but obviously someone managed to turn it on.

and i'm pretty sure, if the hacker is good enough, he could write a similar program like skype and infect your computer with it.

he could also include in the program a line of code to deactivate the camera light and turn on your computers mic.

i remember when webcams had shutters do avoid this very scenario, but now, most laptops have pin hole cameras with no shutters.

this problem can be fixed by a small piece of tape or a carefully folded paper over your computers camera.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

This might get pulled for being off topic, but the other day i was watching the Andrew Brietbart docu that was in a thread here. My phone was next to me. As I was watching, my closed Cricket flip phone connected itself to the Internet. I noticed the face light turn on and immediately disconnected and then took out the battery.

Probably nothing but idk....

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
My drone attacked me

My drone did it

My drone ate my homework

I was distracted by my drone

My drone made me kill him..

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I was jogging after my drone when it made me run right in to the street.
Now I'm suing the manufacturer and the driver that hit me!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by coven83

This is the first drone that really got me worried...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Did I here a hint that flight time is short? We talking maybe a couple mins?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Fascinating! I wonder what the legal implications are as far as your ability to fly one of these around a residential neighborhood. Do you control the airspace right in front of you?

new topics

top topics

join