It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You A Fast Eater?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
All my life I been a fast eater. Not chewing as much as I should. Is anyone else this way? Did you stop?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I eat fast or so it seems cause I don't usually talk when I'm stuffing my face. while other people are yapping and eating, then people say dang your already done, I reply yes cause I wasn't talking lol.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I used to be the slowest eater I knew as a child, mostly from yapping and not shutting up long enough to put food in my mouth, and I even used to chew icecream.

now i just open my mouth and pour in the food.
love food, wouldn't consider myself fat but I could probably eat less, but if there is food infront of me, it wont be for long, especially if it's my own homemade shepards pie or if i've order in a good curry

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I am a fast eater. Its because I have the urge to fill my hunger right away. I should slow down and enjoy the taste more.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm pretty fast. Until recently I could put a serious amount of food down. I've grown older and toned it down a bit but I can still represent at a chinese buffet if it's been a long day.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I eat fast, but I also chew faster and harder. I don't see the difference in eating and chewing slower. And I'm sure most people do.

Kind of like everyone has been conditioned to eat their lunch on a military base.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

I am a fast eater, I have considered this many times and have come to the conclusion that it started when I was a kid (11-12). I would hustle through dinner to get back out side and playing. Guess it just stuck with me.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Eating Fast Increases Diabetes Risk

ScienceDaily (May 7, 2012) — People who wolf down their food are two and a half times more likely to suffer from type 2 diabetes than those who take their time according to new research presented at the joint International Congress of Endocrinology and European Congress of Endocrinology in Florence, Italy.

www.sciencedaily.com...

From what I've read, it takes your stomach to relay to your brain at least 20 minutes that you are full. So it would make sense, that eating faster... and 'still being hungry' would cause a larger intake of food, for you are trying to 'get full'.

Which also then becomes a problem, considering the stretching of the stomach and such... I'd say it's a domino or snowball effect.

Watch what you eat, exercise, and exercise your brain

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017

Eating Fast Increases Diabetes Risk

ScienceDaily (May 7, 2012) — People who wolf down their food are two and a half times more likely to suffer from type 2 diabetes than those who take their time according to new research presented at the joint International Congress of Endocrinology and European Congress of Endocrinology in Florence, Italy.

www.sciencedaily.com...

From what I've read, it takes your stomach to relay to your brain at least 20 minutes that you are full. So it would make sense, that eating faster... and 'still being hungry' would cause a larger intake of food, for you are trying to 'get full'.

Which also then becomes a problem, considering the stretching of the stomach and such... I'd say it's a domino or snowball effect.

Watch what you eat, exercise, and exercise your brain

Dont always believe what you read, alot of life is mind over matter. I eat fast and find it helps me eat less...but thats probably because im conscious of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Dont always believe what you read, alot of life is mind over matter. I eat fast and find it helps me eat less...but thats probably because im conscious of it.

I agree that it can be mind over matter... that's what the struggle and transition of humanity is all about lol.

There are many people in the world that fall under... "If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter". In a world full of distraction, especially in regards to consumerism... many have the tendency to neglect what matters. Health is rarely number one in many of the decisions made today. Be it smoking, excessive drinking, and any number of other means...

I would like to think the world is waking up to this reality though, and becoming disillusioned.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'm a fast eater.

I'd like to slow down and enjoy my meal but for the past 14 years every job I've had had very short lunch breaks. I don't remember getting a full 30 min lunch or even a 1hr lunch like the 'white shirts' get.

So yeah, I've almost always been rushed to eat quickly to return back to work. That's why I eat fast. It became habitual.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Do I eat fast?

Lets just say I ate 20 pieces of sushi in less than 4 minutes tonight!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I eat fast and I eat alot!
I can put down a loaded subway footlong in less than 5 minutes if im hungry enough.
Also I don't BS when it comes time chow, so thats probably part of it as well.

Wow ^^ I sound like an obiese food addict!

Nope, just the average 21 year old dude.

edit on 10-6-2012 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I eat fast lol
40% of the time out of necessity, what the wife's come to call ambush eating- the last mouthfull's in my mouth, before the first mouthfull's hit my stomach
The other 60% I'm more relaxed about but still kinda wolf it down sometimes

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
My friend once said I eat like I'm in prison.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It depends on what i'm eating. If its foods that I don't particularly like but know its good for me i.e. broccoli & green beans then it gets wolfed down so that I don't have to taste it. Other foods though tend to be savoured and eaten slowly.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It depends on how hungry I am.

Usually I like to eat slow and enjoy it.
I'm picky about what I eat and taste is a big thing for me. So I guess I just like to savor what I eat.

XOXOXOX

top topics

join