It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Division. Barriers. Borders. My god is better than your god. My junk is better than your junk. My country is better than your country. I read this recycled drivel every day here, and it is with steam venting from my ears I am here today to attempt to educate the ignorant, to show you the true nature of the arena you play in every day.

But first, a little history. You see, I am just as guilty of the above as you, but have learned from my own ignorance to embrace a larger world. In my youth, we had an exchange student to our school from the US. Of course we all looked on in wonder, never having seen a boy from anywhere outside our own country before. He was from Texas if I recall rightly. Of course, once the wonder gave way, the names started. In the 80s, as we learned, the US and the Soviet Union were the ones with their fingers on the triggers, and we endless debated what would happen if one of them dropped the bomb on our city. Of course our US counterpart debated his own views, something which earned him the name “Ronald Raygun.” I remember tormenting that poor boy along with my friends, constantly declaring him a warmonger and gun nut yank, among others.

Fast forward nearly thirty years, and not much has changed. The trends right now seem to be country vs. country, ie; “everyone has a low opinion of Americans,” to “men are better than women (or vice versa). Period.” Frankly, it gets a bit old after the first few posts, and god forbid if it is allowed to fester, turns into an all out brawl of chest beating, flag waving and overall comparison of body parts. God forbid we throw in religion, and add a real match to that powderkeg.

Let me tell you something. Right now, I am some guy sitting at a keyboard somewhere in the world. Just like you. I live in a country that has great pride, along with myself for said country. I have my likes and dislikes, and my opinions of what people are doing in this world, and whether those things are right or wrong. But when I turn on that computer, and enter this virtual world, those borders, what I have hanging or not hanging between my legs, my beliefs and my convictions are left behind.

For here, in the internet, I am a citizen of the world. The flag hanging in my front yard means nothing here. My gender means nothing here. I am a digital image on your screen. Coming here and spewing hate about another’s country, beliefs or genders is pointless. We are all here to debate the goings on in the world. To DENY IGNORANCE, the ignorance we are buried under by the MSM and the world’s powers, whether they be government or corporation.

So tell me, just how the hell do you propose to do that when you are wrapped up in your country’s flag? While your penis or lack thereof dictates how you react to others? While you stand there with your massive brush and tar all the people of one place with that same brush because what? Because the governments of those places have stupid opinions of what they should be doing with the affairs of others elsewhere in the world, and thus the people must share the same opinion?

I don’t care where you’re from. In here, there are no boundaries, no land to signify where your patch of dirt ends and where mine begins. No flag to wave over it. No cross or star to raise up high on it. I don’t care what you look like, whether you’re black as night or white as snow. Whether you are male or female, whether your accent is different to mine.

Take a step back from these petty concerns. See for once, just how many ways we as humans are divided.

Religion first. My god is better than yours. Mine is the only true path. So? If you find a better way for you, great. My kudos. It doesn’t mean path A is the best for me.

Race. My colour is superior to yours. Yet I cut you, you bleed red, just like me. You have a heart and a mind, just like me, inside that skin colour. Use them, use them both to deny ignorance of race.

Country. So you speak differently? You are a citizen of the world in here. Use that wisdom to learn other’s cultures, not deny it under some blanket of ignorance that your country’s way is the best way.

Age. So I’m older than you? Younger than you? Not here I’m not. If I am not learning from all those around me, regardless of age, then I am just as ignorant as those who will not listen, who will not learn. I may as well go take up a detailed conversation with a brick wall.

People fail to see the real enemy here in the internet, this tool that can be used to unite people and bring them together like no other point in history. This one voice we all have and share, should we begin to strip away these prejudices we have against one another, and see this endless playing field for what it truly is. So are you some guy or girl sitting at a keyboard, wrapped up in your own prejudices and your own ideas of what is right and wrong? Or are you a citizen of the world here in this virtual realm, willing to learn and deny the ignorance you have been indoctrinated with by the world powers, the ones that do seek to keep us divided and arguing among ouselves over these petty matters.

I know which side of the fence I’d rather be on. Welcome to the world.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

You sound like someone who having been home, is pissed that he had to go back to whence he came.

I like that!

edit on 9-6-2012 by TheHolyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHolyGhost
reply to post by 74Templar

You sound like someone who having been home, is pissed that he had to go back to whence he came.

I like that!

edit on 9-6-2012 by TheHolyGhost because: (no reason given)

No, just sick of all the division that goes on in the world. That's the real reason why were stuck in the dark ages as a species, because we are always fighting over whose point of view is best, and who is standing on top of the heap. If we all stood back and stopped this pointless infighting, we could take down the real opressors and set mankind up for it's greatest golden age in a month.
But it'll never happen. We're too busy fighting each other to see who the real enemy is.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
No, just sick of all the division that goes on in the world. That's the real reason why were stuck in the dark ages as a species, because we are always fighting over whose point of view is best, and who is standing on top of the heap. If we all stood back and stopped this pointless infighting, we could take down the real opressors and set mankind up for it's greatest golden age in a month.
But it'll never happen. We're too busy fighting each other to see who the real enemy is.

If you do not believe it will ever happen, why are you bringing it up?

Believe it will happen, and lead the way.

Disassociate with the "we", shine as "you", and as more seek to emulate "you" a new "we" will be born.

I'm in.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHolyGhost

I do believe it. I really do think we are the generation that will cast off this division, and we will understand that this is what is keeping us back. We have one tool that the other generations never had, the internet. Yet we bring those prejudices from our outside lives here, and the story continues.

I strive as much as I can to be the change in the world, yet the lion's share seem to sit with the ignorant and those who want to create this division. People who speak up and attempt to show the people this truth are either shoved aside or shut down by spewing hate or driving them off in packs. I know we are programmed to think this crap. I just wish people would wake up.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I do believe it. I really do think we are the generation that will cast off this division, and we will understand that this is what is keeping us back. We have one tool that the other generations never had, the internet. Yet we bring those prejudices from our outside lives here, and the story continues.

There is nothing more immovable in this world than a man's mind. No one can change it but the man himself. So, changing others is a fruitless endeavor ripe with the stench of self righteousness.

Only your own mind can you change. The hardest thing to change is acceptance of what you cannot change. We all have a built in God complex that thinks it can change everything.

So, change yourself. Do it in a grand way! Do it in a Godly way!

Then others will be in awe of you.

Remain humble and share what you have learned.

Then, only then, are others inspired to seek what you have.

I strive as much as I can to be the change in the world, yet the lion's share seem to sit with the ignorant and those who want to create this division. People who speak up and attempt to show the people this truth are either shoved aside or shut down by spewing hate or driving them off in packs. I know we are programmed to think this crap. I just wish people would wake up.

Observing the faults of others is a sure way of missing your own. The others you are finding fault in are sure to exploit your distraction.

What can you truly do?

Know thyself.

What you are capable of administering will be brought into your house to administer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now as I step down from this soap box, I leave you with this. I will gladly be in your new "we", but not until you disassociate from the old "we".

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I like the way you think! Excellent rant, very well done. We have the opportunity to be a land without borders, I had not considered that before.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

More than that we have the oppurtunity to stand together here, away from the prejudices we carry in the real world.

People just seem not to understand that right. The internet is for the people, regardless. Us.

new topics

join