It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous Catholic Masons?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

In my understanding, you have have have made a good confession recently to receive the Eucharist. in doing so, a Freemason would have to expose that fact and would be in violation of the rules. It would be his responsibly to either stop taking the Eucharist, or to explain his situation to a priest during confession in order to be playing by the rules.

All while God sits back and looks on with confusion.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
We have close to ten members of my lodge who are also part of the Knights of Columbus ..

If the Catholic Church followed it's own rules .. those people should be excommunicated from the Catholic church. Catholics really are forbidden to be Masons. But then again ... Catholics are forbidden to use artificial birth control but 90% do it anyways ...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

If the Catholic Church followed it's own rules .. those people should be excommunicated from the Catholic church. Catholics really are forbidden to be Masons. But then again ... Catholics are forbidden to use artificial birth control but 90% do it anyways ...

I think this is overwhelmingly true, at least for most Catholics in the United States. Most Catholics I know self-identify as Catholics, but don't take the rules all that seriously.

Very few are Rick-Santorum-Old-School believers. They're more like Episcopalians!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

Is that not a sign either?
No. It's not.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
Haha you write off his long history with the vatican and more than one pope by calling it "friendly" and "tolerant".
So now the Dalai Lama is Catholic too?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

No, I am not Maronite, and while not an expert on the Maronites, I think I understand them better than the Average Joe Catholic. I count a few Maronite clerics as friends, have a copy of one of their seasonal Liturgies, and have attended the Maronite Liturgy several dozen times.

There is a Maronite parish in my area, and I typically go there once a year. The easiest explanation is that Maronites are Lebanese Catholics. Most of the Eastern Catholic Rites have an Orthodox counterpart:

Melkite Catholic - Antiochian Orthodox
Ukrainian Catholic - Ukrainian Orthodox
...and so forth...

The Maronite Church is one of the few (only?) Rites in the Catholic Church (22-23 in all) that does not have an Orthodox counterpart, as the Maronites have been ever loyal to Rome.

I would dispute the statement that Maronite theology is different from the Latin (Roman) theology. I would say rather that their religious discipline is different.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join