It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Eddie Barzoon? Are You Gods Special Little Creature?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
"I nursed him through two divorces, a coc aine rehab, and a pregnant receptionist. God's creature, right? God's special creature. I've warned him, Kevin. I've warned him every step of the way. Watching him bounce around like a [SNIP]ing game. Like a wind-up toy. Like 250 pounds of self-serving greed on wheels. The next thousand years is right around the corner. Eddie Barzoon... take a good look, because he's the poster child for the next millennium. These people, it's no mystery where they come from. You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire. You build egos the size of cathedrals. Fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse. Grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green gold-plated fantasies until every human becomes an aspiring emperor, becomes his own god. Where can you go from there? As we're scrambling from one deal to the next, who's got his eye on the planet? As the air thickens, the water sours, even bees' honey takes on the metallic taste of radioactivity... and it just keeps coming, faster and faster. There's no chance to think, to prepare; it's buy futures, sell futures... when there is no future. We got a runaway train, boy. We got a billion Eddie Barzoons all jogging into the future. Every one of them is getting ready to [SNIP] God's ex-planet, lick their fingers clean, as they reach out toward their pristine, cybernetic keyboards to tote up their [SNIP]ing billable hours. And then it hits home. You got to pay your own way, Eddie. It's a little late in the game to buy out now. Your belly's too full, your [SNIP] is sore, your eyes are bloodshot and you're screaming for someone to help. But guess what — there's no one there! You're all alone, Eddie. You're God's special little creature. Maybe it's true. Maybe God threw the dice once too often. Maybe He let us all down." - The Devil ( The Devils Advocate )

Are you an aspiring Emperor? A little mini-capitalist? Are you jogging into Austerity? Faster and faster? Is your eye on the planet or on what your disposable income can get you this week? When you run straight into austerity will it be too late? Will you be screaming for someone to help you? But nobody will be there? Are you one of the billion Eddie Barzoons?

I like 'the Devils Advocate'. It has some great lines. The above quote is one of my favourites from the movie. The Devil discribes the 'advanced western consumer' pretty well.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

join