It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Republicans deliberately crash the US economy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I consider the government treasonist at the highest level. Both Republicans and Democrats are to blame. Should the entire economy collapse I'm looking forward to getting some vigalate justice. There are a few people on my hit list.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
the 2008 crisis was a ticking time bomb that was set to go off after bush left office, only it went off prematurely???

I think if you search the web a little you can find documents that originated out of the republican camp that kind of outlined how to get rid of social security and the other social programs. condi comes to mind for some reason...not sure.
basically, they wanted to get rid of those nasty social programs so bad, they were willing to destroy our economy to do it!!! but, got to tell ya here, I am pulling this out of memories from years ago, so I might be wrong.....

it doesn't matter much anyways, the dems had their role in it also, both parties have been leading us down the road to serfdom and dependency for the last 40 or so years!

I hope they fail, and those who have played a major role in it rounded up. we can put our workers to work building them a very special prison, one without tvs, or newspapers, wall papered in the soon to be worthless federal reserve notes. and there will be lots of monopoly games, matter of fact, that is all there will be to occupy their time with!! monopoly games with lots federal reserve notes as the currency. and well, they can't get out till they lose the game and end up broke, only when they get to that point, surprise!!! they will have a bailout forced down throats!!

edit on 10-6-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
PResident Obama said "Half the Country is my enemy".

The only other time in US history another PResident said that was Abraham Lincoln. After he had to get the entire Russian Atlantic and Pacific Naval fleets in Union Ports to help slaughter the other half of the country.

I don't see how any Republicans can "crash the economy" with Democrats controlling the Executive Branch, Congressional Branch, AND Judicial Branch. The Republicans don't control squat...have no control over the nations checkbook...and don't even have jobs.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Republicans, democrats.

Who cares.
(although it was mostly democrats)

Right now we are in a bind.

And all I want to do is say, "So long and thanks for all the fish!"*

*Douglas Adams

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

You can't blame Bush, he was just a puppet. Look behind the scenes to find the leaders.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Social Security and Medicare would be solvent and self supporting if the money wasn't robbed from them. If our government gets rid of these programs they don't have to repay them. Pensions are a big problem, the costs of Government pensions is skyrocketing. Health benefits paid to government workers is a very high cost to the government, most costing twenty five percent of the labor costs of the workers. The only way to fix this is to make pensions small and a subsidizing part of Social Security. Why should the total of social security and pension be almost as high as after tax income when you worked. That is a ridiculous thing to have, the old aren't supposed to be rich, just taken care of. Socialized medicine is needed, the rest can be capitalism. The cost of subsidized housing is too high, the rent of these programs most times is higher to the government than the local rents of regular landlords are. This gives profits to big businesses and conmen, not the small business man. Why do these places need to be so nice with cabinets and bathrooms nicer than what regular working people have. Cut the waste, not the programs. Cut the Big Business involvement in these things.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Did Republicans deliberately crash the US economy?

This is an interesting take on what has been going on. I think that it is a possibility. I have said before that I think TPTB, whether Republican or Democrat, want a economic collapse so they can work on their "One World Government". Do you think TPTB want an economic collapse?

You should rethink the Lehman Tower Bombing...

"The Israelis first requested the bunker busters in 2005, only to be rebuffed by the Bush administration. At the time, the Pentagon had frozen almost all U.S.-Israeli joint defense projects out of concern that Israel was transferring advanced military technology to China.

In 2007, Bush informed Ehud Olmert, then prime minister, that he would order the bunker busters for delivery in 2009 or 2010. The Israelis wanted them in 2007. Obama finally released the weapons in 2009, according to officials familiar with the still-secret decision.
"

thedailyattack.com...

Only brave soldiers of fortune get paid.... Bring some then leading neocons to Gitmo an the will tell you.
edit on 10-6-2012 by greyhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

No, the Bilderbergers and jp morgan intentionally did along with the Rothschilds.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
PResident Obama said "Half the Country is my enemy".

The only other time in US history another PResident said that was Abraham Lincoln. After he had to get the entire Russian Atlantic and Pacific Naval fleets in Union Ports to help slaughter the other half of the country.

I don't see how any Republicans can "crash the economy" with Democrats controlling the Executive Branch, Congressional Branch, AND Judicial Branch. The Republicans don't control squat...have no control over the nations checkbook...and don't even have jobs.

Bush claimed more than half with his comment of "you're either with us or against us", that is about as divisive as you can get. That shows the division was set up before Obama came into office.
To get out of the mess bush created, we needed someone with a lot more experience and a lot more ability than what we got with Obama. I'm not crazy about him but he isn't horrible, he just has an unsurmountable job in front of him and the political opposition attacks him contantly, so it will be very surprising if he is able to be triumphant in this.
I do have to say that with the situation he was left with, he has done remarkably well in moving it in a positive direction as opposed to complete collapse, but there are others who could have done it more quickly and effectively due to having a great deal more experience. He is lucky to have many of those people on his staff and that is probably what saved him so far.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by MidnightTide

You can't blame Bush, he was just a puppet. Look behind the scenes to find the leaders.

Yes, I should clarify that when I say "bush" I mean the bush administration. Dubya was as dumb as a rock and just did what he was told. He had his on issues of corruption, but his stupidity didn't allow him to mastermind anything, that was more in the realm of cheney. They put him in the background to do the "dirty work' because they knew there was no way in the world he could be elected. It was an extremely corrupt administration that did a lot of damage to our country.
All the administrations in the past century have had corruption, the bush administration was the most damaging one that almost destroyed everything we are. There is corruption in the Obama administration as well, but not to the same extent. In fact, I doubt that any administration in our history has been more corrupt than the bush administration was.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I think G. W. Bush would make a good friend. He seems like he would treat his friends well. He doesn't seem to be a jerk or anything. Not at all overpowering. A good fishing partner. He would never shoot his Lawyer

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
For those interested in predictions, here are some for you. They are not from any paranormal force ranging from ghosts to ESP, just a little foresight and hypothesis.

1. There will be at least two past presidents who pass away during the next few months before election time, most likely Bush Sr and Carter.
2. There will be a "rash of deaths by natural causes" of high level retired politicians from both parties.
3. There will be a low-level skirmish that will last no more than a couple of weeks that seems to attack us at our core but will be "victories" in massive magnitude akin to 'wiping them off the map' as far as the leadership of the opposition goes with minimul casualty to those not in the leadership.
4. There will be a natural disaster on American soil, this isn't by the intervention of any realm of the government, but by probability due to natural cycles and the response to it will be highly publisized and preyed upon by both political parties. Something like an earthquake, a volcano, a hurricane or something where the actual damage is blow way out of proportion by the media for political purposes.
5. Gay marriage will be used by both sides to distract the general public as the financial ploys are set in place for October/November, just in time for the election.

The thing is, whatever the opposing side is doing, the other side knows about it and counters it in some way. Both groups try to play it to their advantage and we are the pawns in the middle being manipulated for their political game.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Your deluding yourself, not as much corruption? Who has Obama surrounded himself with? The same type of clowns that Bush did. Until people get it into their skulls that the Republicans and Democrats are playing the same game then you are going to see the same type of results years after year.

Well, until it all falls apart, and that event is getting closer.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

I think G. W. Bush would make a good friend. He seems like he would treat his friends well. He doesn't seem to be a jerk or anything. Not at all overpowering. A good fishing partner. He would never shoot his Lawyer

Probably be a ball to drink beer with, watch him get drunk, laugh at his stupidity.... great "buddy material", but LOUSY leadership material

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Your deluding yourself, not as much corruption? Who has Obama surrounded himself with? The same type of clowns that Bush did. Until people get it into their skulls that the Republicans and Democrats are playing the same game then you are going to see the same type of results years after year.

Well, until it all falls apart, and that event is getting closer.

I'm not even addressing parties and I clearly said that ALL administrations have had corruption. The bush administration had the MOST corruption of any of them....ever!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is so ridiculous I'm not even sure how to respond. First off you are buying into the non-existant right left paradigm at an astonishing level. You really think a party is willing to potentially kill off millions of citizens so that their party wins the next election?

Second you obviously have no understanding of how the economy works, or the causes of the downturn. The banking system is 70% of our problem and the government is essentially looking the other way. Neither side is making any kind of a real move to put them in check, because they are both paid off. Also if they tried it would become obvious that all the major banks are beyond broke still, which would detonate the economy. Doesn't matter they can't hide this truth forever, it will get out one way or another.

Republicans are now opposed to more stimulus because it cannot do anything but make things worse. The reason is simple you cannot solve a problem of more debt than you can ever pay off by borrowing more. Even someone with an IQ under 50 should understand this but for some reason the Keynsian economist professor retards are still screaming more stimulus will fix all our problems and many politicians choose to believe them - because they want to.

Yes if the debt load is low, a temporary increase of debt to stimulate the economy MAY work if it is spent correctly and paying it back is possible in a relatively short period of time. We are so far past that point it is not remotely funny.

Congress is ready to have a battle royal over the bush tax cuts which is around 20 percent of our deficit, it really is to small a change to even matter. Until they talk about HUGE medical reform the politicians are simply not serious about trying to solve the problem. The medical benefit system as it stands alone will destroy the economy within a decade, but the banks will bring us down before we ever get there.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
20% for five years equals 100%

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

There are a variety of solutions for the problems we're currently facing.
I applaud your well thoughtout post.

But I see these as more stop-gap measures.

We need (dare I say it?) fundamental change. We need to return to a time of "austerity" or something similar.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubSea
Let me fix that title for you:

"Did Obama deliberately Crash the U.S. Economy because he hates America?"

Of course Obama does not hate America. It seems pretty obvious though that you hate Obama. Why is that I wonder?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

If you are responding to me, you have no clue at all. I am referring to the yearly budget deficit of 1.4 trillion being reduced by 20%, even if the tax cut gets put back in we are still looking at a yearly deficit of 1 Trillion+ that will grow every year as the medical costs increase. So 80% of the yearly current deficit will continue to get added to our total deficit of 16 trillion.

Let me put this very simply - Medical costs + welfare + Social Security + Interest on the debt is equal TODAY to all the taxes the government takes in. There is no money left over for any other government spending - Zero for the military, Zero for education, Zero for any other government agency. The population is aging and medical costs have gone up 8% or more every year for the last 30 years. That means medical costs will be double what they are today in 7.5 years.

This is not a joke, and not something that can be solved without SERIOUS pain. The pain is coming, it is only what form it will take and how soon it gets here, but it is at this point completely unavoidable. The last few years will be considered the golden age compared to what is coming.
edit on 10-6-2012 by proximo because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join