OK I'm about to list some major plot holes / lapse of logic in the script... SPOILER ALERT
1. The Prometheus is listed as having 17 crew members. I counted 14 including Wayland and his crew, so then I went to IMDB to check out the full
. I see 17+ possible crew members here. To me this makes the entire movie totally
ridiculous and absurd. Can't even get the # of crew members correct??!?!?
2. Why is David, the android, working out in the beginning?
3. When the crew wakes up from their sleep, why is some of the crew members' hair bone dry but body wet? I guess they wore a shower cap in the sleep
4. Why risk the entire mission and your ride home by sending the entire ship to land on the moon (yes it was a moon not a planet. At the end of the
movie when the other Engineer ship takes off, you can see the blue Saturn like planet that the moon orbited, but not throughout the rest of the movie
another plot hole.) Why not send a lander instead and have the Prometheus orbit the moon in case the SHTF which it did!
5. Why not scan the entire moon's surface before landing the Prometheus and finding the safest spot to land? Why listen to some dolt who has a hunch
and says land there because God doesn't build in straight lines.
6. You land next to this strange temple like thing and you don't have any rovers to go out ahead of you and check the thing out before just walking
about an alien planet all willy nilly? C'mon!!!
7. You don't have a meteorologist, run a weather scan, or even know that this moon has powerful sand storms before listening to the dolt again
saying, "let's go check it out" with only 6 hours of sunlight left?
8. You are about to enter in a possibly hostile environment and you insist that no weapons are brought because it is a "scientific" mission?!?!.
9. Weyland picks the dumbest scientists on the face of the planet for this mission? Why? To save costs? Is the educational system on Earth that
bad in the future?
10. You go charging into said temple and then later on bring out the bots that can map the entire structure. You don't say hey let's let the bots map
this place out check for hostiles then go back when we deem it safe?
11. No one ever questions David or his motives, and how he can open the door and turn on holographic recordings of the past.
12. All of the things to take back to sample, you want to take back a 2000 year old alien head in a Ziplock freezer bag. Never mind the black ooze
like substance on the vials and liquid on the floor which. Shaw mentioned something about a "quarantine protocol" that is never followed up during
13. Hey this is breathable air says the dolt Holloway let's just take off our mask even though we are on an alien planet and don't know what type of
nasty pathogens may be lurking about. Let's ignore Shaw's weak quarantine protocol.
14. I'm a biologist and a run away when I see a 2000 year corpse and so does the "geologist" who manages to somehow get lost. Never once to either of
these two imbeciles radio back to the ship, which the map is being fed to by the bots the "geologist" created sent out. They don't radio the other
crew that they're lost. The Prometheus doesn't seem to care about their whereabouts (Captain was probably having is way with the other lady medical
type person on the ship and left the bridge unattended again).
15. Sandstorm builds, (Captain just finished up with doc heads back to the bridge), and warns the crew to get out of there. They make it out and
don't even notice that all of the vehicles are still there 2 bikes and the truck. It never dawns on anyone that the other two morons are still
running around in circles in the temple??? I was wondering did the other 2 walk back to the ship????
16. I'm said biologist who ran around like a chicken from a 2000 year corpse now I have brass balls enough to try to charm and pet a hostile alien
looking cobra worm that's clearly warning me to back off... SMH
17. The dolt Holloway just made the discovery of a lifetime and goes back to the ship and gets drunk, doesn't do any research or anything... Just
sits around in a drunken stupor tossing billiard balls and insulting an android who later kills him... SMH
18. Shaw and the other doc lady decide to play Frankenstein and shock the 2000 year old alien head back to life, and it explodes??? I was literally
laughing at this idiotic scene. I mean these are the best Wayland could get with his trillion dollars?
19. Vickers, who says she's in charge and talks all the big Willy talk, but was disobeyed the entire movie. Won't let the dolt Holloway back on the
ship because he's clearly infected, and Holloway tells Vickers to roast him. What terrible way to go. He could have just taken off his mask all
willy nilly like he did before and died in two minutes from breathing in too much nitrogen, but at least he would have felt high.
10-6-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)