It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do 'Straight' Guys Hit on Trannies ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

No disrespect intended on my end. If you are born a man, you are anatomically a man for the rest of your life whether or not you decide to get rid of your penis and scrotum or not. If a man has plastic surgery and has a fake vagina created, he is still genetically a man. I can provide sources if you wish. I respectfully disagree with you. I hope you're having a wonderful evening.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JegErForelsket

Female = XX chromosomes

Male = XY

Ain't no way round dat

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I don't know about the OP. I can imagine a lot of lot of guys' beer parties where any person in a dress is probably going to be harassed. I think most adults could have predicted that outcome for that situation. So why would anyone go to the effort to manufacture that moment, if they weren't seeking it out.

You show up at where a group of your good friends are drinking, and you show up in drag. And you are questioning their gender identities????

Did you think you were hot? Would you hit on you, if you were both a little drunk?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Thinly veiled, "I got a bunch of drunk dudes to hit on me" brag.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Personally if I know its a dude in a dress Im not in the least bit excited (not even subconciously or indenially) but will always pinch his bum or call him sweetcheeks or display some other form of chauvinism, I figure if hes gone to the effort its just the polite thing to do

The Asianish Tranny in the pics on the first page, Im slightly embarrassed to say Id be all over that in a bar till I found the meat and veg tucked away, Damn he/she/ it was hot enough Id probably still have a crack even after finding them.

But anyway why do I think guys hit on Trannys? I can think of 2 reasons
1) A proper BJ
2) Guaranteed anal sex

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

I don't know about the OP. I can imagine a lot of lot of guys' beer parties where any person in a dress is probably going to be harassed. I think most adults could have predicted that outcome for that situation. So why would anyone go to the effort to manufacture that moment, if they weren't seeking it out.

You show up at where a group of your good friends are drinking, and you show up in drag. And you are questioning their gender identities????

Did you think you were hot? Would you hit on you, if you were both a little drunk?

To respond to your first paragraph - it was not a male only beer party. It was a diverse crowd, probably 50/50 male/female all ages, with my friends extended family and parents there. His parents thought it was really funny and were not that uncomfotable, knowing I was always pulling stunts like this - challenging the status quo.

Would I hit on me ? Good question. Probably if I was well enebriated - which supports my overall argument anyway.

Peace - Ned

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Personally if I know its a dude in a dress Im not in the least bit excited (not even subconciously or indenially) but will always pinch his bum or call him sweetcheeks or display some other form of chauvinism, I figure if hes gone to the effort its just the polite thing to do

The Asianish Tranny in the pics on the first page, Im slightly embarrassed to say Id be all over that in a bar till I found the meat and veg tucked away, Damn he/she/ it was hot enough Id probably still have a crack even after finding them.

But anyway why do I think guys hit on Trannys? I can think of 2 reasons
1) A proper BJ
2) Guaranteed anal sex

Thank you for your honest and frank reply. Hope it doesn't get censored.

Amusing is your tin-foil-hat-cat. Although wouldn't this seriously screw with its psychic abilities ?

Peace - Ned

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Yes, they have the "wrong" body parts, for who they are; Thus the surgeries and hormone therapy! Transgender women are still women, just as if you had been born without your penis you'd still be a man. Transgender men are absolutely men. LOOK at the women in the photos on the first page, those are NOT men, at all, and they never were.

Here is a good scientific study proving that transgender humans are telling the truth:
jcem.endojournals.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by maus80

Yes, they have the "wrong" body parts, for who they are; Thus the surgeries and hormone therapy! Transgender women are still women, just as if you had been born without your penis you'd still be a man. Transgender men are absolutely men. LOOK at the women in the photos on the first page, those are NOT men, at all, and they never were.

Here is a good scientific study proving that transgender humans are telling the truth:
jcem.endojournals.org...

That is fascinating maus80 if that study is peer reviewed and supported.

I remember being taught in school that there was no difference anotomically between a male and female brain. But I guess a lot has probably changed in science since those days.

Thanks - Ned

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Ive seen lots of str8 guys do questionable things,,Ive even been hit on bye some but usually if they were on pain pills which is rampant here...My ex best friend has been married to the same big girl for years, he has hit on and exposed himself so many times that we dont hang out anymore.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I've known 2 different guys who "showed up in a dress," both to halloween parties, and both happily out of the closet within about three years of their excursion-in-heels. So those events undoubtedly bias me into assuming that anyone who would drag it out may have issues.

So, OP; did any girls hit on you? I wouldn't be surprised if one or two did....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

I've known 2 different guys who "showed up in a dress," both to halloween parties, and both happily out of the closet within about three years of their excursion-in-heels. So those events undoubtedly bias me into assuming that anyone who would drag it out may have issues.

So, OP; did any girls hit on you? I wouldn't be surprised if one or two did....

I do have a lot of issues - my wife seems to think so anyway

I don't remember any women hitting on me. If anything I got the feeling that they were judgemental and critical of my decision to try and be one of them. Maybe it was just a bad crowd on the night.

Peace Out

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

There are only TWO reasons...

1) They didn't know it was a dude. So, they pick up on the "buddy" vibe, and mistake it for something else entirely.

2) You already said it...

with much alcohol consumed

Or any other controlled substance.

There is no "straight" guy being into dudes (or trannies). Andrew Dice Clay said it best...you either suck d*** or you do not suck d***.....there is no "bi" or still being "straight" if you do this. Not saying it's wrong. Hey, to each theor own, but don't try and deny what you are.

Gals can be "bi". I know it's a double standard. Too bad. Deal with it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think it depends how one defines "straight guy".
Most guys are straight, and a minority of guys are gay, but between that there are guys who are not so picky, and they live under the label of "straight".
There's also guys who are plain desperate or experimental.
I think that's as far as I'll go with explanations on ATS, but it's not as simple as saying some guys either suck this or that.
Some guys don't "suck" anything.
They do other things.

What is true is that male bisexuality is not openly acceptable, unlike female bisexuality (within certain confines).
Heterosexual society doesn't see it, or notice male bisexuality much.
Since few of these men have a bisexual identity, one could also say that heterosexual society isn't aware of men who have sex with men, including transvestites.
That is true.
But the gay scene knows a bit more of what's actually going on.

With HIV work it seems that in some countries transvestites are cheaper than female prostitutes or transgender women.
So it's a matter of economics, although some specialize in fetishes, so it can also be upmarket.
Nevertheless gay men are not the market for transvestites.
In fact, gay drag is more political than sexual.

Lower class drag queens are traditionally regarded in Western society as little more than prostitutes, and in that the image evokes authoritarian masculinity from some men.
It therefore comes as no surprise that nominally straight policemen demanded sexual favors from drag queens, and they were at the forefront of the Stone Wall uprising in 1968.
Yet today both straight and gay society are not very comfortable with the pretense of drag, and some conservative gays would prefer to have parades without them.

Thus with few friends, or money to have operations, globally the transvestite community bears the brunt of sexual violence, mainly from "straight men": www.reuters.com...

edit on 12-6-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Gender is a cultural performance.
We are all performing gender somehow.
A trannie points out that it is just a performance, and that causes all kinds of anxieties and confusion.
A "transvestite" is not necessarily gay:

Sexuality and gender constructs combine for most people into what we call "male" and "female".
Even transsexuals want to re-adjust themselves according to gender constructs.
But for some people they do not combine between biology and culture.
Some transgender men become lesbian women and some transgender women become gay men.
So gender and sexuality are not necessarily the same thing.

So a man in a dress could be a joke (and much humor is based on gender, homosexuality and gender reversals).
It could be political.
It could be a fetish.
It could be transgender.

I even saw on the program Taboo last night that some long-term relationships have three partners, in this case it was two bisexual men and a woman.

So to sum up, one cannot say why some "heterosexual men" go for trannies.
Everybody has a unique sexuality.
The fact is however that some of them do, and there's markets, and even global tourism built around that.

Well, here a drag queen shortly explains how her "art" is different from cross-dressing or transgender:

Nobody can speak for all.
So one could also ask: "What is a heterosexual man?"
Are they attracted to femininity or biology.
For many it must always coincide.
But for some the markers of femininity, or the gender construct suffices for an attraction.
For some being male has to do with power, and any submission before that power is "female".
Some want to be dominated, and the biology of the dominatrix becomes inconsequential.
There are many reasons.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Thanks for your comments.

So in a nutshell, what you are saying is that

. labels don't help and confuse the issue
. human sexuality is extremely complex because of social, religious, cultural, biological bias
. it's harder for a man to be sexually deviant (meaning deviating from the norm)

Well I pretty much agree with all that. The more you probe this subject, the more questions you get, and the more uncomfortable people feel with the discussion, as it challeneges their identity and 'place' in this world.

Fascinating stuff IMO

Thanks again - Ned

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Labels are OK if the people who choose them know what they are, but they become burdensome when people lump others into groups.

We like things very neat in Western culture, at least on the surface.
But in some cultures there are as many as 5 different genders, and they must be kept in harmony, or the universe will become unbalanced...

Sadly many of those cultures disappeared during colonialism.
Balboa threw 40 transvestites to his dogs during the conquest of the Maya.
Transgender traditions were the first thing colonial systems attacked, and the British made homosexuality illegal in their vast empire.

However, such traditions remain in all kinds of forms.

In many cultures gender was divided by labor, and what dress you wore and gender you became depended on your talents.
Being male or female was not an immediate or given role at birth.
Biological birth and birth into culture were two different things.

Men who performed female roles were honored, and their male lovers were not considered gay.

Interesting film on the Two Spirit People in the US:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Interesting - five genders. If only the rest of the world accepted this as normal, as well as the spirituality behind this philosophy, then it would be a very different place to live in.

Wouldn't mind watching that documentary too. I really like the term 'two spirits' to describe this type of person.

You have to wonder though how we got to this point in our evolution where gender and sexual proclivity is so poorly defined and ambiguous. What is the point to it all ?

As a Spiritualist with a perpetual yearning to explore the Big Picture, I would hazard a guess that this ambiguity stems from our previous incarnations disturbing the traditional male/female paradigm on Earth. I have always felt (even from an early age) that this is my first Earth life and that my previous conscious life-form was overtly feminine in a realm/world that did not have a masculine life-force. I think this will be the topic of my next thread.

Thanks for expanding my knowledge around this topic

Peace - Ned

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

You have to wonder though how we got to this point in our evolution where gender and sexual proclivity is so poorly defined and ambiguous. What is the point to it all ?

Although I enjoyed your musings regarding spirituality, when you see labels that no longer fix, it is usually due to population pressures or economic pressures.

Prosperous societies, that meet their members' needs, are fairly static through time. The changes western culture is undergoing regarding gender roles signifies increasing population and economic pressure. More and more people don't "fit in" to the categories we use.

One economic cause can be a lot of vertical movement in the social hierarchies; people who were of low class or little esteem become relatively powerful, or have a rise in the eyes of comrades. You see things like that in developing countries, where farming no longer generates income, but women can get good factory jobs unavailable to men. Suddenly definitions lose their value, as women matter more to the family economy than males do.

Societies that have less vigorously enforced gender roles also tend to have much higher population densities. Some investigators have suggested that new gender roles are designed to compensate for being unable to "get a mate." For instance, eunuch as a gender shows up in world capitals in classic civilzations,but is unknown in the countryside.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Now you see I've always had the sharp crappy end of this stick and I really can't fathom why. The only way I can understand it is that generally women these days no longer dress up and do their make up to go out as women would generations ago. So while the gentleman in the OP is perplexed by getting felt up and had his own strange encounter, I too have had mine.

Seriously, the amount of times I've been squared up to by men and the occasional woman or simply outed loudly in public as being a tranny, well I've actually lost count. The sheer ignorance and stupidity of people is overwhelming. I'm not the tallest wench on the planet by any means at 5 foot 8, but have never felt the need to give up on high heels or stoop my back to shy away from my height, which means that when I'm in my heels depending on the fashion, and as you are no doubt aware, with today's penchant for huge heels with platforms - Well they can render me as tall as 6 foot 2.

It appears that so many transvestites and transexuals do look so completely convincing these days that and average man is so utterly confused by it that they are willing to jump to the wrong conclusion and even incite violence in the hope that they gain a back slap by their buddies for a job well done. They saved mankind from an imminent ball juggle. GO ON MY SON! Well no, actually they didn't, what they did do though is threaten the mother of three children, well done. I suppose I should be thankful that none of them attempted to grab a boob or go for my mythical crown jewels, though I'm not entirely sure if there is indeed a lesser of two evils in this case, nor would it make any difference to them I'm sure. Perhaps they would just assume I had a jolly good surgeon. Even the shaving of the adams apple and boob/arse/hip implants these days are so common place you'd have to drag some of these idiots to a sonographer to take a gander at your ovaries before they'd let you off!

Just before Christmas one year before I met my OH and bore the living embodiment of Stewie from Family guy, I'd toddled to my local to share the evening with friends and get my fair share of some Christmas spirit. Apparently though it was folly of me to follow the female tradition of going out in a little black dress. A dressy little 50's sparkly number in the stylee of the Marylin dress that whooshed over her head standing over a vent. The hours that I'd spent intricately coiffuring my long black hair into a shorter Liz Taylor 50's style was folly, the cats eye eyeliner and red lipstick I live in day to day was folly. As for the black evening gloves and pearls, well, I'll probably go to hell for daring to wear those. Anyway all was going swimmingly until some no mark that no one knew walked in and plonked himself next to me by the bar. To be honest I didn't take much notice of him and went to the loo as you do. When I got back I see's my friends stifling laugher, biting lips and chuckling to themselves mercilessly whilst this new chap is in the middle of them gesticulating wildly about some tale.

The largest of my friends who looks like techno vikings twin is bent down at this point in tears of laughter. "What the bloody hells up with you?" says I. He just about managed "This little geezer here is warning us all that you're a bloke" before everyone roared so much I thought they'd wet themselves. Well at first I was none too impressed with this mouthy little chap, but I couldn't help but laugh myself at his puzzled face. He must have thought he was doing his manly duty warning others of a sausage packer in their midst. Even when faced with the truth he refused to believe it on the grounds that "Women don't dress like you do". Techno Vikings twin chirped up quite forcefully "Well SHE does", and off the mouthy offender scurried.

The last time it happened was two years ago, but that time was a small dumpy trendy orange thing with bleached hair who decided to pounce on my OH when I went to the loo and asked him why he was going out with a bloke instead of a gorgeous specimen like her. He was not best pleased as you can imagine and in not so many polite words told her so, still at least she had the common sense to leave the building before I wafted back as I was bedecked in victorian finery at the time. Now I know people might have gotten a bit carried away by all the "I'm a Lady" Little Britain thing but I've never had a mustache and I don't really expect to until menopause kicks in.

I won't even go into detail about the time the Dj Trannies shot me filthy looks and made a beeline to folks close to me so they could give me a stern look up and down in a local gay pub one night.

Perhaps I should concede defeat and join them at their own game. I'm not a great fan of sequins by any stretch of the imagination but miming to Shirley Bassey can't be too hard can it?

I'm not terribly blokey, though I do like a pint of our beautiful British lager and granted I can keep up with my male mates without falling over or weeing in the street, or should I say could as I'm currently being a good girl and only partaking of the odd one of an evening out much to the chagrin of him indoors. The price of two Becks Blue in a pint glass is no laughing matter I can assure you all, nor is it as much fun.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join