It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Sexual depravity’ of penguins that Antarctic scientists dared not reveal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It was the sight of a young male Adelie penguin attempting to have sex with a dead female that particularly unnerved George Murray Levick, a scientist with the 1910-13 Scott Antarctic Expedition. No such observation had ever been recorded before, as far as he knew, and Levick, a typical Edwardian Englishman, was horrified. Blizzards and freezing cold were one thing. Penguin perversion was another.

Worse was to come, however. Levick spent the Antarctic summer of 1911-12 observing the colony of Adelies at Cape Adare, making him the only scientist to this day to have studied an entire breeding cycle there. During that time, he witnessed males having sex with other males and also with dead females, including several that had died the previous year. He also saw them sexually coerce females and chicks and occasionally kill them.

www.rawstory.com...

The article continues, and then this:

However, the section about the animal’s sexual proclivities was deemed to be so shocking it was removed to preserve decency. Levick then used this material as the basis for a separate short paper, Sexual Habits of the Adelie Penguin, which was privately circulated among a handful of experts.

Now the reason I see this report making rawstory's site is rawstory is a staunchly liberal news site, and anything and everything that can advance gay rights is front and center.

"See? Even the penguins do it!"

:shk:
edit on Sat Jun 9th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I don't see what is so shocking about it though? Dogs will hump a cowboy boot, or a stuffed animal, or just hump the air! Practically all male species will either coerce or force a female into sex without regard for the well-being of the female. In other species, like spiders, the female traps the male, and then kills and eats him afterwards. Other species will kill and eat the offspring to force the female back into heat again.

"Survival of Species' is hard-wired into all beings, and that means a sex-drive that takes precedence over every other instinct. That means species will willingly die just for the opportunity to pro-create.

I know I've put my life on the line a time or two, and I'd say the AIDS, STD's and Pregnancy rates show that people are still having plenty of unprotected sex.

Seems like a bit of a prude to not publish it the first time around, and seems like a bit of yawner to publish it and make some political point out of it now. One doesn't have to look far to realize we are all pretty perverted from Queen ants and bees to married humans, sex is the driving impulse for all of nature.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Male dolphins in packs of 5 to 20 drag human swimmers down with their prehensile penises and vicously rape them. To the point the people are torn into tiny pieces. Yet, we can still swim with the dolphins at Seaworld for $60.

We are exactly like animals, necrophelia still exists even in this human world. Pedophelia and child murder exist in the human world.

This is not shocking, or should not be to already educated minds.
edit on 9-6-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

EDIT: Are you seriously claiming gay rights is wrong? This has been documented in most male mammals, just saying, its pretty natural.
edit on 9-6-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I don't see what is so shocking about it though?

The only thing shocking about it is our government probably gave this researcher a gazillion dollars to watch penguins.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I seriously doubt they published this for a gay agenda- wild events usually sell more than everyday things.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Now the reason I see this report making rawstory's site is rawstory is a staunchly liberal news site, and anything and everything that can advance gay rights is front and center.

Of course! It's all so obvious now=-]

But wait!Now that YOU"VE posted it on ATS, it PROVES both you and ATS are 'advancing the gay rights agenda'!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

I've heard of dolphins gang raping other dolphins and I can see how a dolphin could have probably raped a human, but I've never heard of a pack of dolphins gang raping a human.

could you point to an article? Not saying it hasn't happened, just saying it's news to me.
edit on 9-6-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330

I've heard of dolphins gang raping other dolphins and I can see how a dolphin could have probably raped a human, but I've never heard of a pack of dolphins gang raping a human.

could you point to an article? Not saying it hasn't happened, just saying it's news to me.
edit on 9-6-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

'Dolphin rape' already? This conversation didn't take long to turn for the worse lol!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Horny penguins.

but seriously, I agree with many of the above posters, what's so surprising. Just about all mammal species and bird species alike have some form of this.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Thanks for posting such a thought provoking article. My first and dominant thought is - the scientist was the ONLY person to witness the events and it was thought to be sooooo utterly shocking that his documents were circulated privately.

Firstly - the only witness - no other first hand witnesses.

Secondly - people in the know thought the information was too shocking to share generally to whoever was interested.

Thirdly - it was shared but PRIVATELY to only selected people.

Fourthly - why bring the papers out now - there has been adult literature since way before the so called startling information about the penguins cited in this article?

I find it an interesting article but when I ask a few basic questions about the information I just can't seem to get away from set up - cabal/illuminati/whatever. They have selected an article about an animal that lives in a freezing area of the world so it is highly unlikely anyone will go and set up camp to witness the penguins for themselves. Add to my last comment the fact that many people have been to the same area as the LONE scientific witness - since his documents were written up - no other person/witness/scientist/sightseer has spoken or written of the penguin behaviour cited here.

Thanks again - interesting article but for me reeks of hmmmm....

Much Peace...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

If you look up the researcher's name in Google, you can see some of his published works.

Dolphin Rape

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

lol, I see your point. I had just never heard of it before, and would like the poster to back up this statement.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

ok, the dolphins raped a decoy human, not a real human. any links to a real human actually being gang raped by dolphins?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

No articles I can find. However, the fact people are raped by a dolphin is enough to link it. Gang rape with human decoys is no different than gang rape of a human. The fact the behavior is exhibited is the interesting thing. 14 cases a year just in the US of humans being raped. Around the world the number is something like 200. Now, most people are not found, saying to me, we dont know wether its one dolphin or many.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

The only thing shocking about it is our government probably gave this researcher a gazillion dollars to watch penguins.

It was a English guy. And quite a guy after have to survive a winter there with no supplies he got back to England in 1913 and signed up right away to to fight in WW1
I say the most interesting thing about the article was how modest the we were 100 years ago.

Another thing people might be interested in is how in penguins and multiple other species the practice of prostitution takes place. In the case of penguins they do it in exchange for shiny pebbles
sounds like a bargain

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You post a highly interesting and thought provoking article and all you gleaned from it was the erroneous thought above. That really is a shame. I'm secure in my heterosexuality enough to not give a good god damn who's sleeping with whom. So unless you are ashamed of your own homosexual feelings or fear the magic man in the sky, why do you care?

Everyone has an agenda, even you, get used to it.

edit on 9-6-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
All this proves is that animals incapable of thought get their jollies however they can get them. If you're not capable of thought, you cannot be held responsible for your actions. Same goes with the severely mentally retarded, we hear all of the time, "they don't know what they're doing is wrong". I beg to differ to a degree, as I had an aunt with Down's Syndrome, but I digress... What animals incapable of thought do is no reflection on what humans, being capable of thought, ought to do.
edit on 6/9/2012 by JegErForelsket because: Misspelt the world 'thought'

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Dolphins are extremely intelligent animals. Some even feel as if they are as smart as humans. they are smarter than dogs, but dogs could tell the difference between a decoy and a real human. could you tell the difference between a real dolphin and a real one?

they aren't fish. not easily fooled

they had sex with a human sex doll, just like I'm sure humans have had sex with dolphin dolls.

come on get real

anyhow. Go Penguins, no wait

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

Originally posted by jiggerj

It was a English guy. And quite a guy after have to survive a winter there with no supplies he got back to England in 1913 and signed up right away to to fight in WW1
I say the most interesting thing about the article was how modest the we were 100 years ago.

Another thing people might be interested in is how in penguins and multiple other species the practice of prostitution takes place. In the case of penguins they do it in exchange for shiny pebbles
sounds like a bargain

HA! I missed the date on this. Why are you bringing this up now?
Did you stumble upon it or something?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

It was the sight of a young male Adelie penguin attempting to have sex with a dead female that particularly unnerved George Murray Levick, a scientist with the 1910-13 Scott Antarctic Expedition. No such observation had ever been recorded before, as far as he knew, and Levick, a typical Edwardian Englishman, was horrified. Blizzards and freezing cold were one thing. Penguin perversion was another.

Worse was to come, however. Levick spent the Antarctic summer of 1911-12 observing the colony of Adelies at Cape Adare, making him the only scientist to this day to have studied an entire breeding cycle there. During that time, he witnessed males having sex with other males and also with dead females, including several that had died the previous year. He also saw them sexually coerce females and chicks and occasionally kill them.

www.rawstory.com...

The article continues, and then this:

However, the section about the animal’s sexual proclivities was deemed to be so shocking it was removed to preserve decency. Levick then used this material as the basis for a separate short paper, Sexual Habits of the Adelie Penguin, which was privately circulated among a handful of experts.

:shk:
edit on Sat Jun 9th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Hello

Animals are a stupid lot. I remebe back around 2002, my wife and I were up early to go to a flea market/gun show I believe in Indianpolis, IN. Well we were up early and we happen to be coming in a small rise in the road. As we were coming down I noticed a dog on the other side. As we got somewhat closer we saw that the dog was acting strange, getting up and down. We were still about 60 feet or so away when we saw the other dog that was on its side. We thought Oh, the dog had died and its friend was sad.

The closer we got to the dog, we couldn't believe what we were seeing. The golden retriver dog that was hovering over the dead dog was not hovering. The dog was actually going up and down and moving around the dead dog because he was trying to find the right angle to screw him.

We laughed so hard we almost pissed our pants. The motto of this story is that people screw you in life and sometimes peiople try to screw you when your dead!

God Bless

top topics

<<   2 >>

join