It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone worker, 18, falls to death first day on the job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

CODY, Wyoming -- Search teams on Friday recovered the body of an 18-year-old woman who plunged 400 feet to her death on the first day of her job at Yellowstone National Park when a rocky ledge overlooking a canyon gave way beneath her, officials said.

The woman, whose identity was being withheld pending notification of her family, arrived in the park on Thursday to begin a new job with a private concessions company in Yellowstone, park spokesman Dan Hottle said.

She and three others went hiking early that evening along the edge of a popular canyon called the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, on the North Rim trail, Montana's KAJ18 station reported.

usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

RIP

Real sad to hear. The park hides many dangers.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Maybe she saw something she wasn't supposed to see
Maybe this is "what's going on at Yellowstone":
edit on 6/9/2012 by SUICIDEHK45 because: removed laughing face, because apparently it is inappropriate

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Umm, any chance you could muster a little sensitivity for her and her family who have to endure this tragedy?

You're sitting there making jokes?

:shk:

Get some shame, will you?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy forum, is it not? I was just adding the twist. I'm sorry for her family. Hopefully she died doing something she loved and not just doing "some summer job"

And the Fragile Earth forum doesn't mean you are supposed to put up stories when some rocks come loose that someone is standing on. Just Sayin
edit on 6/9/2012 by SUICIDEHK45 because: stuff

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is ATS, if you read the T&C and what kind of behavior ATS demands from their users, you are plain wrong. Placing the lol smiley there was not nice. Blaming it on "this is the internet, this is a conspiracy forum, this is sparta" just doesn´t work here.

If you would say that in real life to your friends laughing out loud, you probably would earn critics, if you reached a certain maturity.

But you are right about the wrong forum, at least
edit on 9-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Umm, any chance you could muster a little sensitivity for her and her family who have to endure this tragedy?

Terrible way to go but for some people jokes are how they deal with things of this nature , my first thought was it should be in the fragile person forum not the fragile earth forum .

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Talk about a rocky start at your new job

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Actually the first thought that came to me is that perhaps she was murdered. And I have a great deal of feelings for her family, I have 2 young adults for sons, one 16 year old and 2 younger. She is just a baby, just graduated. And I know there are lots of dangers, but its just that I dont like who she was working for, and the coverups, that take place. You never know with cases like this.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The dangers are not hidden, they are right out there in the open. You only need to be aware and keep your eyes open and your head up.
Unfortunate for this young lady to say the least. I am sure she had an entirely different plan for her summer.
The danger is always there when you play in the wilderness. Its part of the allure of nature and the great outdoors. Eyes open head up, pay attention. It wont prevent every tradgedy but it could prevent some of them. If we only worried about what might happen we would never get outdoors in the first place.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
jeez, nice jokes

I love the defence of some people "if you don't laugh you would cry"- as if those are the only two emotions/outcomes possible- I neither laughed nor cried

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Umm she was working for a concession company. Her job probably would have been selling soda and snacks to tourists. What have you against the concession people? You say you dont like who she was working for so I am wondering, do you know this concession company personally. Have you worked for them so know they are bad people to work for? Do they under pay and make employees wear funky looking uniforms or something?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Actually the first thought that came to me is that perhaps she was murdered. And I have a great deal of feelings for her family, I have 2 young adults for sons, one 16 year old and 2 younger. She is just a baby, just graduated. And I know there are lots of dangers, but its just that I dont like who she was working for, and the coverups, that take place. You never know with cases like this.

That's the first thought that crossed my mind too!,
As the article I read stated that "Somebody standing directly behind her didn't fall"....

Kinda made me think it might have been a "Don't fall" (push) type of joke gone horribly wrong

But that's just how my brain works sometimes.

My condolences to her loved ones....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I think it's a bit hypocritical for you to criticize someone.

What you are doing by posting this story on ATS is really no different.

You're sensationalizing it. Drawing attention to this accident.

You may not agree with the other poster's comment.

But just by posting this story. You're encouraging that type of behavior.

Tabloid news.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

what strange logic and reasoning

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Not at all strange. Strange you don't get that logic.

Also regarding the topic, pretty tragic but got to be careful in those settings

top topics

join