It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Syrian President using poison gas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I was watching a video by Paul Bagley where he had reports from sources including Al Jezeera of several towns having a substance dropped on them from Syrian military jets. This sticky substance is said to suffocate the victims.

I did a search a could find no recent articles of Assad using WMD other than in Lebanon in Oct. 2011 . I have provided a link to the video and am not sure how to imbed it but will give it a try. Mods I hope this the correct forum.

edit on Sun Jun 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix video link

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

In related news regarding syria crisis, Al-Jazeera network reported that Syrian opposition sources claimed on Thursday that aircraft belonging to the Syrian Air Force have dropped toxic material into the province of Daraa.

poison gas? several paragraphs down

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Thank you for the conformation , I did not see that during my search not to mention I am computer illiterate .

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

Not sure if that is "confirmation" as it seems to be speculation, but it's at least a source.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Your link broken but is this the right video ?.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So we have a claim made by a source of an opposition group (syrian) that reported to a news agency....

prop *cough* aganda¿? Lol.

This would be suicide for the syrian goverment, russia and china would have to agree to foreign intervention, If the report is true that is.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
So we have a claim made by a source of an opposition group (syrian) that reported to a news agency....

prop *cough* aganda¿? Lol.

This would be suicide for the syrian goverment, russia and china would have to agree to foreign intervention, If the report is true that is.

I thought the same thing sounds a lot like the prelude to attacking Saddam , maybe it should be in a conspiracy forum instead.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by Azadok2day

Maybe, all we really can do is wait to see if it can be confirmed. Though I dont know how that will happen. Ill definitely keep an eye on this.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is just silly, unconfirmed conjecture.
Also it would not be the Syrian President as he does not control the military. But that's not to say the military did this.
If anyone was using poison gas it would probably be the rebels who are funded by people like Israel who we all know are experienced with poisoning the Palestinians.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That would be the stuff the Spetsnaz brought from Iraq before the US invaded to recover them I bet.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Daraa province is in Syria...wth? At first I thought they did this over another country's border. I agree that this would be a suicidal move on the Syrian government/military's part, since this could give another nation reason to intervene for "atrocities" committed...Kinda like when people said, "but Sadaam was killing his own people..."

Given that Syria and Israel are enemies, that makes the US an enemy of Syria, whether they openly admit it or not. Because of this, I think we must carefully analyze any claims of wrongdoing, because the potential for a false-flag is great...not only in Syria either. I did a Google search that led me to some forum yesterday, and it wasn't a conspiracy or political forum, but they were talking about the potential for a US or Israeli based false-flag in the near future. Maybe there is still hope for humanity...? Maybe the fact that regular, non-conspiracy citizens are expecting a false-flag is the reason they haven't perpetrated one yet...?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
That would be the stuff the Spetsnaz brought from Iraq before the US invaded to recover them I bet.

The Mossad reported hundreds of trucks bringing Sadam's WMD before the war started but everyone ignored that truth . Then Israel bombed a couple of sites a few years later that supposedly was a nuke reactor aided by North Korea . The story goes that at one site these chemical bombs from Sadam's stash exploded and killed hundreds in a town down wind .

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Israeli attacks a suppossed Syrian WMD site and Syria never bothers to respond militarily against Israel? Makes one wonder what exactly Syria was trying to hide.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Star & flag, OP. Just because.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Assad also falls in the same category of barbaric dictators as Saddam Hussain and Gaddafi. Good that he's shown his place in the prison. Now its his turn to be hanged.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

The Mossad reported....

The Mossad's motto: "By way of deception, thou shall do war”. They are almost as bad as the CIA. Almost. Point being -- If their mouth is open, they're lying.

The big picture here is that the main push against Syria comes from the US (directly, via proxy or both). This is another US aggressive war in the making. If it US has to use false flags, killing innocents or other psyops to make this war happen, it will happen. If the US wants to use Syrian Air Force painted MIGS to commit war crimes, it will happen too. They have the resources and technology (unfortunately for humanity) to make this happen.

I'm not saying that the Syrians are angels. I am saying the Syrians are *victims* of US aggression. It's as simple as that.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Israeli attacks a supposed Syrian WMD site and Syria never bothers to respond militarily against Israel? Makes one wonder what exactly Syria was trying to hide.

An aggressor with nuclear weapons attacks your country. What are you going to do? Fact is that Israel is bristling with conventional and nuclear weapons. Worse, they have a documented predisposition for cowardly sneak attacks. Further, they are backed by a rabid super-power in it's death throes.

It takes planning and resources to deal with a bully. The US and Israel are working hard to destabilize their intended victim nations and keep them from developing both of those things.

top topics

join