It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AFP: Ireland wants rescue deal re-negotiated to match Spain's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
And there was I thinking that Greece would be the first to do this. I am not even sure if Germany is up for this Spanish non austerity bank only bailout....

Greek elections may swing on the Spanish treatment next week as well...

AFP - Ireland wants to renegotiate its rescue plan to benefit from the same treatment as Spain, which looks set to win a bailout for its banks without any broader economic reforms in return, European sources said on Saturday. "Ireland raised two issues: one is the need to ensure parity of the deal with Spain retroactively on its bailout from EFSF," one European government source told AFP, referring to the temporary rescue fund, the European Financial Stability Facility.

France24 - AFP

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
When I heard about Spain getting a different deal I instantly thought to myself that Ireland and Greece would feel ripped off. It does seem as though Spain are getting special treatment (well if what they want is approved).
edit on 9-6-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Of course Spain got a better deal, they have way more gold than Ireland or Greece does. Spain has something to offer if they go belly-up, Ireland and Greece do not. This is just the lure for Spain to take the "Eurobonds-lite" deal when it's presented eventually.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
Of course Spain got a better deal, they have way more gold than Ireland or Greece does. Spain has something to offer if they go belly-up, Ireland and Greece do not. This is just the lure for Spain to take the "Eurobonds-lite" deal when it's presented eventually.

And to think gold as just a barbarous relic....
They slam the price down and the CB's just swoop in and buy it.

top topics

join