Why does this always pop up when I view videos and now I can't even get it to go away!!

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This little box pops up anytime I go to a youtube video or google video, pretty much any video with the exception of Netflix.

I usually just click don't allow because I don't want some company storing information on my computer!!!

Well now it's not letting me click on either and it's really starting to piss me off because I can't watch videos with this box in the middle. Many times I have to hit "deny" over 20 times for it to go away and sometimes it just won't go away no matter how many times I click "deny," yet when I click "allow" it goes away!!!!

What does it mean and why do I see it? It says Adobe Flash Settings but I never mess with those settings. I wouldn't even know where to find my Adobe Flash settings.

HELP!

I have a MacbookPro and I use Safari.
edit on 6/9/2012 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Did you try clicking the question mark for help?
I've had that before and somewhere in it there are settings you can adjust.
Not sure how I did it now, but google your problem and there are most likely others asking and will give solutions.

The storage thing could just be storing the temp files you need to play it
edit on 9-6-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

The box I got kept asking to turn my web cam on. No way!
edit on 9-6-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You have your settings so that you require permission for them to add cookies. They want to add or modify a cookie every time you do anything- even things like changing the volume.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid
You have your settings so that you require permission for them to add cookies. They want to add or modify a cookie every time you do anything- even things like changing the volume.

How do I change that??

I never even put it to these settings. It's just always done that since I got this computer but now it's getting annoying because i can't get the box to go away.

Is it in Adobe or my personal settings?

My personal settings I think I have it set to ask permission for everything.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Cookies are for your browser. Safari.

I don't use mac, though.

Google stuff it's easy..

answer 1) Click on "SAFARI" NOT THE APPLE ICON got to prefrences then privacy

answer 2) Settings>Safari>Accept Cookies> and then make your selection - from visited or always
edit on 6/9/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
double...
edit on 6/9/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

As stated above by a previous poster, the site in question is asking to store a small amount of information (no worries, it's not a trigger phrase whereby you suddenly and inexplicably just go and assassinate the president!) on your PC regarding settings, sites visited etc in order to prevent having to request the same info each time. Nothing to worry about. Just click allow. The site in your screenshot is Youtube, a trusted site.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Is your browser set to block cookies? If so add an exception for youtube/ytimg/whatever.

I'm not really a Mac person, but in Safari I believe you're looking for Edit/Preferences/Privacy, there may be a list of sites that have requested cookies, if so find s.ytimg.com and allow it.

edit on 9-6-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Thanks everyone.

I changed my cookies and it still asks me these questions.

I was finally able to click the "?" and this is the page it brought me to.

It apparently has to do with Adobe Flash and I don't like what I'm reading. I don't like any site to store my information.

Adobe Flash

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Yes, that's a different kind of cookie, not controlled by the browsers, so when we delete all cookies those remain on the computer.

There's a way of telling Flash not to save those cookies, but I don't remember how it's done, only that's possible.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Can you use Firefox? It has a plugin called "BetterPrivacy" that deletes flash cookies. You could then allow Flash and have it delete the flash cookies after you close Firefox.

If you concerned with privacy flash cookies are not the only thing you need to worry about.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Does Safari have anything like Firefox's about:config? What I do is disable storage, and never let Firefox store anything, not even cookies. Also in cookie settings, I block any and all cookie "pref," which stands for "preferences," and is used to form a "profile" of your internet usage.

top topics

join