It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times: Obama Colluded with Drug Companies to Keep Prices High

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Could this account for the drug shortage also?

ie; Create a problem, then offer a solution?

Beez, can you exound on that? I do recall some story about
drug shortages, just cant pinpoint that now.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That's pretty much what happens when you privatize anything where the company's in the private sector steal our money via the government rather than us being able to buy it directly. That is how capitalism is supposed to work in order to control costs. When they are getting money from the government, they can charge anything they want and we have to pay for it.

There are many other examples where this corruption is and has been taking place.
The Military Industrial Complex is a huge one with many private companies charging outlandish costs that we have to pay for.

Then there is the Housing Scam as everyone knows.
The Student Loan scam.
Food Stamp Scam with JP Morgan raking in the profits etc

Originally posted by burntheships

Makes you wonder, the lies that the costs of health care are out of control.
well sure they are and no wonder! Thanks to these good ole boys!
edit on 9-6-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

There are many other examples where this corruption is and has been taking place. The Military Industrial Complex is a huge one with many private companies charging outlandish costs that we have to pay for.

I find it offensive as a tax payer that our defense budget alone is larger than the entire federal budget of most countries. To say it's obscene underscores the ridiculous of it. How did an $800 billion dollar defense budget prevent hijackers with box cutters from committing one of the most significant acts of terrorism? Oh, that's right, it didn't.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
reply to post by burntheships

Same old story....time and time again.

It seems so, just tales of corruption in the Obama Administration seem to
out count all predecessors. Including the Drone strikes.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Same old story....time and time again.

It seems so, just tales of corruption in the Obama Administration seem to
out count all predecessors. Including the Drone strikes.

I'm not sure Obama could out-do President Johnson's administration when it comes to criminal activity, but back then it wasn't yet a crime to assassinate the POTUS. And I still think Bush out-did Obama criminally so far too. But, you're right that Obama has been a man "on a mission." All the tax payer dollars for the auto-industry bail out? I don't remember voting on that as a tax payer! Do you? That really pissed me off. I don't ever remember getting a bail out when I fell behind on bills. He definitely has let a lot of people down and generated a lot of disappointment during his first administration.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A little birdie told me the dildobergers have decided Obama is out and rMONEY is in
the scandals should sink Obama right up to the election...leaving no choice but Rmoney
...who will continue the policies initiated by Bush and Clinton as Obama just did...

edit on 9-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

For whatever reason, I believe TPTB want Obama in office another four years. But getting back to Romney, I can't stand the sound of that man's voice. I can't imagine if he were president! He has the most political, mistrusting sounding voice I have ever heard!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Well, as I understand it, the tactic is to scandalise the out going puppet to creat a fake "mandate from the people ", who in reaction to the scandals swing somewhat more so to the opposite party they would normally support...It creates the illusion of democracy ...

the in coming party pretends to oppose the outgoing party till they are in power
then they carry on with the same old same old

I think we will see escalating Obama scandals...this scandal (in the OP) being a prime example of the tactic

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
We will all get what we asked for.

We deserve this.

First of all... IS there anyone who is shocked by this news? I think not.

Second of all... Does anyone here believe Mitt Romney would have done something different? I think not.

Does anyone know who would have?? Perhaps a 12 term Congressman who has a history of telling special interest to go screw themselves? Perhaps a 12 term Congressman who has never taken a dime from Big Pharma? Perhaps the same 12 term Congressman who has a medical degree and a medical practice who lobbyist would just not even approach because it was "pointless"?

No one has a right to complain anymore. We had our chance to put in Office and man who would have put a stop to all this crap. Instead the voters got distracted by the little things and did not vote for him. The voters wanted to bicker about abortion, newsletters, and any number of absolutely stupid circus issues. We had our chance... we failed. Now live with it.

You talk as if we still have a fair and uncorrupted election process here in America, but we don't. Election fraud makes it rather difficult to vote any decent candidate into office. Only the corrupt are "allowed" to win. So, no, "we" did not fail and "we" do not deserve this. We are being railroaded.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Bingo!
You got it

Then, the next cycle will continue on, with the new "President" and we'll here the same garbage from the Left Right paradigm, on how if you don't like it, vote for your man next time around.

And around and around we go, with nary a change taking place between them and the NWO and the Globalist Agenda backed by the International Banksters will continue marching on.

Originally posted by Danbones

Well, as I understand it, the tactic is to scandalise the out going puppet to creat a fake "mandate from the people ", who in reaction to the scandals swing somewhat more so to the opposite party they would normally support...It creates the illusion of democracy ...

the in coming party pretends to oppose the outgoing party till they are in power
then they carry on with the same old same old

I think we will see escalating Obama scandals...this scandal (in the OP) being a prime example of the tactic

edit on 9-6-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Actually, the Obama legacy was predicted in 1939 !!

The penalty phase starts at 00:23 in the video below.

it's all Dorothy's fault !! (must blame somebody)

"AHHHH !!! ..You cursed brat !! ....Look what you've done !!

"I'm Melting! - The Wizard of Oz (7/8) Movie CLIP (1939) HD "

When the Wicked Witch (Margaret Hamilton) sets The Scarecrow (Ray Bolger) on fire, Dorothy (Judy Garland) accidentally kills the witch with water.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

You talk as if we still have a fair and uncorrupted election process here in America, but we don't. Election fraud makes it rather difficult to vote any decent candidate into office. Only the corrupt are "allowed" to win. So, no, "we" did not fail and "we" do not deserve this. We are being railroaded.

Ron Paul did not lose strictly due to election fraud. Stop lying to yourself.

Was there some cases of Election Fraud? Absolutely!

Was it enough to steal the nomination from Paul? Absolutely not!

He probably got robbed on the first few primaries, but then the stupid sheep starting casting votes for idiots like Santorum because "Paul couldn't win"

At the end of the day the truth is there are WAY TOO MANY STUPID PEOPLE on this planet who vote. People with common sense are outnumbered.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Outkast Searcher isn't in here telling everyone how great Obama is? Weird, thought he would be. Guess he never sees these threads.

What pisses me off to no end is not just this situation, but the entire election process which in itself is a complete sham. This crap happens whether it's Democrats or Republicans, Bush or Obama, and our only other current choice, Romney, will continue down the same path.

I'm not sure how this stops. Sure the MSM reported this, but the question is why, as for every one of these stories printed they ignore hundreds of others. The election is bought, our politicians are bought, and our media is bought. Even if Obama is hung out to dry what's to stop his replacement from doing the same damn thing? This won't stop until there's a hell of an uprising which I don't see happening anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Love the clip, love that cat!

"The broom, may we have it? "

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

It may be what you have mentioned is true. Time will tell.
Meanwhile, us cockroahes scurry about.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

I'm not sure how this stops.

Truthfully I dont have that answer. While we at times are offered an ideal
candiate, they eventually remain as heros never elected.

In that case it seems we are left to stem the tide.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I know how it stops... read the Declaration of Independence!

When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

I suggest people read it.
edit on 9-6-2012 by MrWendal because: The REAL text

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Obama screwed us.
But the republicans did too, and will continue to do so with an added element of religious intolerance.

They are all corporatists.

We are all screwed.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Whos really suprised?

When you do so much back door dealing this is what happens. S*** blows back in your face.

Thats why politicians should learn to govern honestly and not corruptly.

Some of our politicians really could use at least a few years in prison.

Set an example.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Here's a pretty awesome thread authored by soficrow on the drug shortages.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you read that, with your thread in mind, the puzzle pieces appear to come together.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join