It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nimrod and Osiris- The Truth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by EnochWasRight

having your penis and testicles fed to a Crocodile is more than circumcision.

the latter is understandable...the former makes me cringe.

what Osiris endured was an absolute horror.

I would guess we would need to consult the source to see the back story to know. Theosophy has many documents for this with few sources.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

from what i've read and experienced, the stories are real. but none of them capture the essence of evil...not even close.

that Nimrod carried on a sexual relationship with his mother and Osiris did not, makes associating these two with one another impossible. they are not the same.

Set however, desired Isis greatly, and had no attraction to Nephthys whatsoever suggests that Set is a better match for the Nimrod character.

He murdered his brother Osiris after he gave Nephthys what she desired most...A Son; Anubis.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Such good stuff. Thank you. I just ordered it and will read it soon on my Tablet. Did he list anything about Osiris and crucifixion? The Quran mentions the practice of the Pharaohs as crucifixion. The Lord in question who was crucified in Egypt is something of a connection to Osiris in many references I have found, but I would like to gather as many as possible before putting it together. There may likely be other figures that match. With the Greeks, it's hard to tell who is who. They rename. Here's a video series with JR Church.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

None of the accounts of Osiris' death in primary texts have him crucified. The details of his demise are as Michael said, trapped in a coffin by Set, then dismembered.

edit on 10-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

That Set desired Isis had less to do with his attraction to her, and more to do with his ambition to be the King of the Gods. In ancient Egypt, the Pharoah was king because of who he married. This explains why Isis' symbol was a throne and also the frequent intermarriage of siblings among the Pharoahs.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

i've read that story so many times that i visualize the event in my mind.

in my visualizations, the crime didn't even take place in Egypt, but on the Arabian Peninsula, near Yemen.

the coffin was then taken back to Egypt and tossed in the Nile, where it then floated down the river, into the Mediterranean Sea and on to Byblos, near what is now Lebanon.

anyone read this version?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

i've read that story so many times that i visualize the event in my mind.

in my visualizations, the crime didn't even take place in Egypt, but on the Arabian Peninsula, near Yemen.

the coffin was then taken back to Egypt and tossed in the Nile, where it then floated down the river, into the Mediterranean Sea and on to Byblos, near what is now Lebanon.

anyone read this version?

Yes, where it was hidden in the protection of a tree and was made into a pillar of the palace of the king.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha

Neither your post nor your video explained how the cultures that came before the common era could have copied Chritianity. Your assertion is absurd, and anyone with half a brain can see that. That which comes first is the original, not a copy.

Provide a source that is citing their source. Something tangible from antiquity. We've heard the Zeitgeist claims. We've heard the rebuttals.

Here is a reference: Dying gods

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
JMO.

The great city is New York. I don't want to present too much info but research the Statue of Liberty concerning the relationship between Egypt and New York.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Enjoy! These are all primary source papyri. The Pyramid Texts are the second oldest document in the archeological record that mentions Osiris (5th Dynasty, ~2500 BC).

The Pyramid Texts
The Coffin Texts
The Egyption Book of the Dead

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Indeed. It should be noted that Lebanon was the major source of wood used in Egypt to build boats to travel the Nile and also to build monumental edifices.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Cedar trees I believe....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
JMO.

The great city is New York. I don't want to present too much info but research the Statue of Liberty concerning the relationship between Egypt and New York.

Much appreciated on the link. Here is the Motive:

Gentleman and ladies. You are faced with such a cloud of witness. Please come out of Egypt. All hands on deck. We must overcome.

"It is admitted that the secret system of Free Masonry was originally founded on the MYSTERIES OF THE EGYPTIAN ISIS, THE GODDESS-MOTHER, OR WIFE OF OSIRIS. But what could have led to the union of a Masonic body with these Mysteries, had they not had particular reference to architecture, and had the god who was worshipped in them not been celebrated for his success in perfecting the arts of fortification and building. Now, if such were the case, considering the relation in which, as we have already seen, Egypt stood to Babylon, who would naturally be looked up to there as the great patron of the Masonic art? The strong presumption is, that NIMROD [the arch-rebel against Elohim -- Gen. 10:8-10] must have been the man. He was the first that gained fame in this way. As the child of the Babylonian goddess-mother, he was worshipped, as we have seen, in the character of Alamahozim, `The god of fortifications.' Osiris, in like manner, the child of the EGYPTIAN MADONNA, was equally celebrated as `the strong chief of the buildings.' This strong chief of the buildings was originally worshipped in Egypt with every physical characteristic of Nimrod" (Hislop, The Two Babylons, p.43).

"As Hislop shows, Isis is the Egyptian name for the Babylonian goddess Ishtar, who is also the same as Athena (Greece), Minerva (Egypt and Greece), Astarte (Syria), Cybele (Rome), Ashtoreth (Israel), and Diana (Ephesus). This statue of the pagan Madonna, the Statue of "Liberty," is a statue of this same ancient pagan "Queen of Heaven," the wife of Nimrod, or Semiramis!" LINK

""And the same time there arose no small stir about that way. For a certain man, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen; whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation, and said, 'Sirs, ye know that by this craft we have our wealth. Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands: So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.' And when they heard these sayings, they were filled with wrath, and cried out, saying, 'Great is Diana of the Ephesians.' And the whole city was filled with confusion: and having caught Gaius and Aristarchus, men of Macedonia, Paul's companions in travel, they rushed with one accord into the theatre. . . . And they drew Alexander out of the multitude, the Jews putting him forward. And Alexander beckoned with the hand, and would have made his defense unto the people. But when they knew he was a Jew, all with one voice about the space of two hours cried out, 'Great is Diana of the Ephesians'" (see Acts 19:23-41)."

"Who was this Diana, the goddess whose followers hated the true people of YHWH, and threatened Paul and his followers and helpers?"

The First World Kingdom After the Flood

The story goes back to an ancient king and arch-apostate, by the name of "Nimrod." Nimrod established the first "world kingdom" after the Flood. We read: "And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one [TYRANT] in the earth. He was a mighty hunter before YHWH: wherefore it is said, 'Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before YHWH. And the beginning of his kingdom was BABEL . . ." (Gen.10:8-10). Nimrod was a "mighty hunter against YHWH," which is the real meaning of the Hebrew word translated "before" in this verse.

Nimrod, in beginning his kingdom, sought to become known as the Liberator, or Emancipator, or "Deliverer," of mankind, taking the titles of the true Messiah to himself. Nimrod began to be known as "Phoroneus," which has several meanings. One signifies the "Apostate," truly what Nimrod was. However, it also means, "Emanipator," or "one who sets free," or gives liberty." Nimrod "delivered" the masses of people from the "fear of YHWH," from the worship of the true Elohim, and proclaimed his form of paganized "liberty" to the people, his paganized teachings setting people free from the laws of YHWH. The term "apostate" itself means "to cast off." Nimrod was the original "man of sin" who "cast off" the laws of YHWH, and rebelled against the Most High (compare II Thess.2:1-10). Says Hislop, the name "Phoroneus" comes from "Pharo, also pronounced Pharang, or Pharong, `to cast off, to make naked, to apostatise, to set free.'"

edit on 10-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Cedar trees I believe....

Sycamore is a better choice.

LINK

Not that this guy has it in place, but it is interesting to consider. I think his timeline is off.

"During the time of the roman empire, Nimrod was concidered as a sun god, but also his ways of doing things were widely spread among the roman emperors, and any Jewish leader from Israel or religious person who rebelled against the roman emperor or their system,that same person was crucified on a wooden T which was made in a form of a cross.

The T representing Tammuz, the ancient god of the chaldeans that emerged forth from the evil ideas of Nimrod.

Tammuz was also the son of Nimrod, whom they claimed to be the messiah.

The ancient writings declares that the wife of Nimrod was impregnanted by the spirit of Nimrod after the death of Nimrod.

After concieving she claimed that Nimrod gave a child that will become the

messiah of the world, and that child was called Tammuz.

Crucifixion was in use particularly among the Persians , Seleucids , Carthaginians , and Romans from about the 6th century BC (before Christ) to the 4th century AD (after the death of Christ), but in the year 337 Emperor Constantine I abolished it in his empire, out of veneration for Jesus Christ , the most famous victim of crucifixion."

Not just a Roman thing from what I can see: Seleucids Where was it learned?

The connections continue. A crucifixion in Egypt may not be such a stretch.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Indeed. It should be noted that Lebanon was the major source of wood used in Egypt to build boats to travel the Nile and also to build monumental edifices.

Ezekiel 8

13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.

14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.

15 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these.

16 And he brought me into the inner court of the Lord's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the Lord, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the Lord, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.

17 Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose.

18 Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.

From the Myth

"It is not possible to destroy the body of a god!" cried Seth. "Yet I have done it - for I have destroyed Osiris!" His laughter echoed through the land, and all who heard it trembled and hid."

And after this the spirit of Osiris passed into Amenti to rule over the dead until the last great battle, when Horus should slay Seth and Osiris would return to earth once more.

But when Horus passed from earth and reigned no more as the Pharaoh of Egypt, he appeared before the assembly of the gods, and Seth came also in the spirit, and contended in words for the rule of the world. But not even Thoth the wise could give judgment. And so it comes about that Horus and Seth still contend for the souls of men and for the rule of the world.

But the Egyptians believed that the Last Battle was still to come - and that Horus would defeat Seth in this also. And when Seth was destroyed forever, Osiris would rise from the dead and return to earth, bringing with him all those who had been his own faithful followers. And for this reason the Egyptians embalmed dead and set the bodies away beneath towering pyramids of stone and deep in the tomb chambers of western Thebes, so that the blessed souls returning from Amenti should find them ready to enter again, and in them to live for ever on earth under the good god Osiris, Isis his queen and their son Horus.

LINK

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

This I like. most likely imprisoned for his defiance to YHWH?

The First World Kingdom After the Flood

The story goes back to an ancient king and arch-apostate, by the name of "Nimrod." Nimrod established the first "world kingdom" after the Flood. We read: "And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one [TYRANT] in the earth. He was a mighty hunter before YHWH: wherefore it is said, 'Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before YHWH. And the beginning of his kingdom was BABEL . . ." (Gen.10:8-10). Nimrod was a "mighty hunter against YHWH," which is the real meaning of the Hebrew word translated "before" in this verse.

Nimrod, in beginning his kingdom, sought to become known as the Liberator, or Emancipator, or "Deliverer," of mankind, taking the titles of the true Messiah to himself. Nimrod began to be known as "Phoroneus," which has several meanings. One signifies the "Apostate," truly what Nimrod was. However, it also means, "Emanipator," or "one who sets free," or gives liberty." Nimrod "delivered" the masses of people from the "fear of YHWH," from the worship of the true Elohim, and proclaimed his form of paganized "liberty" to the people, his paganized teachings setting people free from the laws of YHWH. The term "apostate" itself means "to cast off." Nimrod was the original "man of sin" who "cast off" the laws of YHWH, and rebelled against the Most High (compare II Thess.2:1-10). Says Hislop, the name "Phoroneus" comes from "Pharo, also pronounced Pharang, or Pharong, `to cast off, to make naked, to apostatise, to set free.'"

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Why would sycamore be a better choice?

I am starting to think that you are just being obstinate. Do a search of your Holy Bible for "Lebanon" and come back to report your findings.

Cedar is the wood that Lebanon is famous for. It appears in ancient sources from Egypt, Greece and Rome among others.

Egypt really isn't a big influence on Freemasonry except as it influenced the ancient Greeks, especially Pythagoras. The Egyptians only had rudimentary geometry, they knew how to calculate the area of squares, triangles and circles and the volume of cylindrical and rectangular granaries and pyramids. Very impressive but they couldn't calculate the hypotenuse of a square (an important symbol in Freemasonry if you haven't noticed). They used knotted rope that was stretched in order to find the length of the hypotenuse of a square. It wasn't until Pythagoras was able to supply the PROOF that the angle formed by the 3 : 4: 5 triangle is invariably square and perfect, that a square with sides of any length could be mathematically determined.
edit on 11-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I am starting to think that you are just being obstinate. Do a search of your Holy Bible for "Lebanon" and come back to report your findings.

Cedar is the wood that Lebanon is famous for. It appears in ancient sources from Egypt, Greece and Rome among others.

Egypt really isn't an influence on Freemasonry except as it influenced the ancient Greeks, especially Pythagoras. The Egyptians only had rudimentary geometry, they knew how to calculate the area of squares, triangles and circles and the volume of cylindrical and rectangular granaries and pyramids. Very impressive but they couldn't calculate the hypotenuse of a square (an important symbol in Freemasonry if you haven't noticed). They used knotted rope that was stretched in order to find the length of the hypotenuse of a square. It wasn't until Pythagoras was able to supply the PROOF that the angle formed by the 3 : 4: 5 triangle is invariably square and perfect, that a square with sides of any length could be mathematically determined.

And Pythagoras was schooled in Egypt. LINK You will need to shut down the internet because the truth is viral.

Let's discuss the Cedar tree.

If I were God, I would have taken the pagan symbols and made sure their real meaning was known. I would further show the symbols as both sides of truth. The right side form the Bible and the stolen side from the pagan legend of Osiris. Nimrod, from the Bible, matches the story that was taken. I would do this by taking every one of their symbols and using them to point to Christ. The prophets would have told of them in detail, yet not enough for the deceiver to really know. Could God be anything but 10 steps ahead?

Judgment

Isiah 9

10 "The bricks have fallen down, but we will rebuild with dressed stone; the fig trees have been felled, but we will replace them with cedars."

Do you know that it's not a fig tree, but the most common form of Sycamore Fig tree (like the one on 911 that formed a cross)? They replaced the true tree for the copy in antiquity and on 911. God then used this in this verse as the judgment of 911 and the 9 harbingers of destruction.

How about Christmas? Cedars in place of Fig. Did the fig wither when Christ came?

Jeremiah clears another one for us as God takes Osiris to task on his Birthday. The day of the glory of Osiris.

10 Hear what the Lord says to you, people of Israel. 2 This is what the Lord says:

“Do not learn the ways of the nations
or be terrified by signs in the heavens,
though the nations are terrified by them.
3 For the practices of the peoples are worthless;
they cut a tree out of the forest,
and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.
4 They adorn it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails
so it will not totter.
5 Like a scarecrow in a cucumber field,
their idols cannot speak;
they must be carried
because they cannot walk.
Do not fear them;
they can do no harm
nor can they do any good.”

6 No one is like you, Lord;
you are great,
and your name is mighty in power.
7 Who should not fear you,

I'm staring to see something. The Pagans did not take the symbols from God. God took the symbols form the pagans and from Israel and allowed the Gentiles to see the truth. From the symbols, we know the difference and can see the error.

When the church sold indulgences for sin, what did God do. He took the printing press and the Bible and left for a new world. What did the Pagans do? They went along and started leaking out symbols again. What did God do? He made sure mankind had his Word as the most printed book on the plant. What did Satan do? He can't steal the word. God made his symbols and holidays into what they should have been. What does Satan do? He steals the people with temptation, division and the same things he's always used.

God just keeps on frustrating the attempts.

Do not fear them;
they can do no harm
nor can they do any good.”

I go with God on this one. The trick is to look for the ones doing good. Not the ones doing harm. Know them by their fruit.

Come out of Egypt.

edit on 11-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Great video and a Thread I did last week.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Yes. The story is in the Bible. The Lord (YHVH) is Jesus from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22. Is it irony that the Bible ends in 22 letters from various authors, all saying the same thing, and 22 chapters in Revelation? The book is Divine, yet nothing else that is written can touch it. The evidence for the story should present itself on that one fact alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join