It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 'event' off the Eastern Coast of Sicily.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Phage

They didn't 'form' there were just THERE - in the blink of an eye almost.

I was filming - shut video down due to lawn machine noise and in the time it took to change the settings on my camera from video to 'manual' I heard the noises (again) and there were the two 'trails' (for the lack of a better word) and then the third.

I'll also be right upfront admitting I have no knowledge of any type of military - well - anything. But I saw no planes and heard a lot of noise and then - well - the pictures show the rest.

peace

Depending on the distance, the sound would have reached you some time after the event actually occurred.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Syrian rebel reports citizens being layed down with goo of some type.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by silo13

Question though: Do jets (?) exist able to make those types of maneuvers? From flying flat over the water into and absolutely STRAIGHT UP position - that kind of incredible angle instantly?

That type of maneuver, yes. But they don't normally leave a smoke trail.
Do you have any airshows scheduled? Practice possibly.

Not likely Phage... and not in one continuous maneuver... and especially not at sea level.

The VTOL jet fighters could perform such a maneuver (F-22,F35, Sea Harriers etc), as could the slightly more conventional 'multi-directional nozzle' configured aircraft (Su-28, MIg-31, Typhoon etc), but... both configurations require the aircraft to commence the maneuver from 'stationery' if the vertical component is a hard 90degs from the straight and level. The energy required for the VTOLs to perform this is such that the sound is deafening and people would've definitely had time to witness this... and the 'nozzle' aircraft would be the same, but certainly not performed at sea level that's for sure.

Also, don't forget these are all jet turbine aircraft, which means they're burning kerosine and would leave these types of plumes... again, especially not at sea level... and where's the horizontal 'straight and level' plume? The plumes shown here (that hang around for sometime after) are the result of a continuous 'burn' or explosive type propulsion... i.e. missiles or rockets. The propellent when burned from these things would leave a 'vapour' plume... and the fact that it starts from the ocean top with no other visible 'trajectory line' would have to conclusively rule out jets of any kind and only leave 'missile' as the possible conclusion... and 99% likely that is 'submarine launched' too based on the plume line as evidence.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by salamanda

The MiG-29 and Su-27 can both do cobra tail slides from take off if need be. Neither of which had vectored thrust, publicly demonstrated, in 1999 when the following video was shot.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Syrian rebel reports citizens being layed down with goo of some type.

Al Qaida Syrian rebels reports they are filling you with a lot of brownish, stinky goo...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

"Vectored Thrust" would be slow moving and easy to spot when you hear the noise.

Those trails are not 90 degree turns, they are sloping curves. They could easily be a hard pull-up. The vapor trail wouldn't be from the burn, it would be from compressing the humid air against the flight surfaces as the plane changed directions abruptly.

Look at the pics closer, you'll see a sweeping turn.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

i might pay $10.00 for a ride in that,,,at the local fair,,

wow.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Let's put two and two together.
A photo from the OP and a video of an Italian stunt pilot performing a tailslide...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A pilot who happens to be a member of the aerobatic team which will be performing tomorrow in Sicily.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not likely Phage

Are you sure?

edit on 6/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm just glad for once that when someone takes pictures, the images turn out to be decent enough and worth looking at! So often, it's these smudgy things that look like the picture was taken with a child's toy.

Should be interesting to see the video. (I removed something else I said that I realize now was stupid.)
edit on 9-6-2012 by daynight42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
They started making jets that come straight up out of the ocean. Case closed.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

No they didn't.
Read the thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Oh Phage, have you lost your humor? Surely you can tell when someone is joking?
2nd.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

Not always.
Not on ATS.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

At first it looked like little tornado over the ocean than started to scroll down and as the pics got clear, looked like missiles shot down or launched. S&F

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If it was a sub missile launch (probably less than likely, but not impossible) who has missile subs in the region? It's for sure there's a U.S. ballistic sub in the Med. Do the Italians have any? Brits?

That brings to my mind a couple of other questions. The U.S. uses ballistic subs for conventional missile launches. Does anybody have the capability to launch shorter range missiles from torpedo tubes? Does anybody have missile tubes on regular attack subs?

After seeing the pics I'm leaning toward acrobatic practice for tomorrows' air show. But, I'm not ready to conclude that it is. There has been some peculiar things in that region these last few days and some odd rumors.

I've never seen missile launches from subs not come out very near vertical. These seem to follow a shallower path at first.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Erectus because: Addition

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The issue that I have with the 'aerobatic plane doing practice tail-slides' is that at the distance involved, I think silo13 would have not only seen the aircraft, but also heard it or them.

I have done the airshow thing, and the aerobatic planes that normally perform these stunts have piston engines and props that tend to be loud. The trails we see, if made by a stunt pilot, did not appear in a matter of seconds.
IMO.

ETA: The sound that I've heard coming from those aerobatic planes were distinctly aircraft noise, not anything like earthquake/volcanic activity noise.
Again JMO.
edit on 9-6-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

This picture is what is getting me.

You can clearly see 2 things took the same path.

The "things" seem to not start off vertical at all. Look at the bottom of the pic to the left. The bigger smoke trail seems to start near parallel to the ground. Then they both spiral around and head to the right of the picture.

I don't know, but it doesn't seem very missile-Y... Seems more like jets to me. If there really is a show. Planes don't "smoke" like that unless they have stunt smoke added in.

Then again the size of the trail after the vertical climb goes way down, and with stunt smoke you would expect an even trail, for the most part. Makes me think whatever it was sped way way up after the vertical climb.

If they are missiles It's not technology I am familiar with at all. Would jests fly that low? That's really close to people. I know in eastern NC over the beach when I see military training, they don't ever get that low. Seems really strange to me.

My brain can't make this be a missile or a Jet...

Question:

What did that plume over california look like, that some people say was a chinese missile?
edit on 6/9/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The Italian team (Frecce Tricolori) which will be in the airshow uses jets. These jets:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Makes me think whatever it was sped way way up after the vertical climb.

No, it went back down.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Look at the trails my friend. I studied your videos carefully.

These don't go down after the climb. Not at first.

Look again.

HERE:

And original

edit on 6/9/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join