It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 'event' off the Eastern Coast of Sicily.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Many of you know I‘m here in Sicily where I’ve always got one eye and ear open for Mt. Etna and her eruptions.
Moments ago I thought she was erupting - that’s how loud the sound was. I ran outside to look at and nope, it wasn’t her. Nothing...

The noise continues and is/was HUGE - very similar to Etna - that grumbling soaring sound - almost like a fighter jet, but then again not. Too loud not to 'see' anything - then too soft too fast.

The 'sounds' continued. Again, I thought maybe it was a jet - but no jets, not out over the water only a strange cloud formation not far from the shore where no other clouds were in the sky.

In the time I ran in to get my camera? The ‘rumbling’ sounds got much louder and here’s what I saw.

I’m waiting now for a short video to load to YouTube. (35 mins wait)

Between now and then I’ve looked into what Sigonella Air Force Base is ‘up to’ and I can’t find any info nor can I find anything (so far) on any exercises or 'war games' taking place with the Italian Air. Don't rule out out - I've just not found anything yet.

A friend I’ve contacted - who lives closer down to the beach - is freaking. She has no idea what it is/was.

Here's where I first mentioned this ‘event’ on ATS on the way to process vids and photos.

The ONLY Photoshop work on the below photos are resizing and ‘auto tone’ - along with the red arrows of course.

---> At the moment I’m painstakingly going through the images in their HUGE form checking for any clues.

[B]Any ideas people? [/B]

There’s still 14 minutes left getting the video up. It’s short and you can’t hear the ‘noise’ well - but it’s something.

Added Note: The many dark 'winged' 'specs' (so far) are barn swallows (Rondine).

peace
edit on 9-6-2012 by silo13 because: see above

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Missile launches.That is what I see.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Good eye Sicily
I think the paradigm has shifted ...seeing the two rocket trails...given the timing of all the events lately

I expect more in a day or two....

edit....three trails....ok
edit on 9-6-2012 by GBP/JPY because: 3 rocket rails

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here's the video. I stopped filming because there was something on the lens and the lawn machinery in the background was making it impossible. As soon as I turned the video off - if course that's when the 'other' 'trails' began to appear...

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Missile launches.That is what I see.

Glad you said it first.

I still don't know what's going on but there is is. I'm not finding anything out with the pics yet (before resizing).

I'll post if I do for sure - but honestly what gets me? There's NOTHING I can see in the water - NOTHING - but the trails are definitely going from water to air not the other way around - unless I'm just not seeing something???

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Not only are they coming from the water , but they are coming from three different locations of the water it seems.
What goes up............must come down somewhere I would think.....

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Maybe sub launched cruise missiles.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

I think the doctor has been visting

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Maybe sub launched cruise missiles.

I've no idea - I'm still checking the photos in 'huge' form (like 59x39 inches) and see nothing yet.

Question though: Do jets (?) exist able to make those types of maneuvers? From flying flat over the water into and absolutely STRAIGHT UP position - that kind of incredible angle instantly?

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I agree it looks like rocket plumes.

Keep us updated!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
In the area to the East where I've outlined in red.

Still nothing on the pics but I'm still looking.

Also, no news from my friends down on the shore - they're in transit home - I'll hear from them later.

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey silo13, I don't know if this can explain it what ive just found.
Their is an military exercise about to start, but its not till the 11th june 2012
I hope my link works, i am new to this. Here we go!!.
( Edit, Not sure if a credible source?.)
www.ansamed.info...

Hope this helps

Not sure i'm doing this right?.
But here is what ANSAmed have written.
( ALL CREDIT TO THEM )

(ANSAmed) - AUGUSTA (SIRACUSA), JUNE 8 - Bilateral training exercises between the Italian and Tunisian Navies will take place between June 11 and 15 in the waters of eastern Sicily. The "Oasis" exercise has this year been planned, organised and coordinated by the Italian Navy. Now in its tenth year, the training is "led" on an alternate basis by the Italian and Tunisian Navies and is part of a series of international cooperation activities that the Italian Navy carries out with a number of Mediterranean nations. The aim of Oasis is to increase and consolidate the capacity for cooperation between the naval forces of Italy and Tunisia in the field of search and rescue, surveillance and control of mercantile traffic to tackle illegal activity. This year, for the first time, cooperation will stretch to the underwater sector, with the development of activities concerning techniques and procedures for the search and removal of devices from the seabed. Italy will be represented in the training exercises by the open sea patroller "Comandante Foscari", which carries an AB-212 helicopter from the second helicopter group based in Maristaeli Catania and an inspection team from the San Marco regiment, consisting of an auxiliary naval unit, an open sea tug-boat and a team of submarines from the Augusta-based SDAI squadron. Tunisia will be represented by two patrollers from the Albatross division, Annon and Hamilcar, an inspection team and a team of submarines. The exercises will include a stopover in the port of Augusta, which will allow subsequent sea activity to be planned and will involve the crews in social and cultural events.(ANSAmed).

edit on 9/6/2012 by 303inMyBrain because: Its in the edit.

edit on 9/6/2012 by 303inMyBrain because: Put a quote in, or text. Which ever. All cerdit to ANSAmed

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Those are sub launched missiles..
Tests maybe?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
maybe those are underwater eruptions or something

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSep

Looks that way. Exercise " Oasis " 2 days earlier than planned i'm guessing!!!
2nd Line

edit on 9/6/2012 by 303inMyBrain because: .

edit on 9/6/2012 by 303inMyBrain because: .

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Question though: Do jets (?) exist able to make those types of maneuvers? From flying flat over the water into and absolutely STRAIGHT UP position - that kind of incredible angle instantly?

That type of maneuver, yes. But they don't normally leave a smoke trail.
Do you have any airshows scheduled? Practice possibly.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Could they be Water Spouts?

Link HERE

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No scheduled air shows that I can find - even so - what kind of air show would support a jet that can fly so fast it can't be seen and can achieve a 90 degree angle leaving a trail? See my point? I'm not being critical of you - more so critical of what I know I saw and am trying to explain/find answers for.
Thank you

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 303inMyBrain

Seems you may have the answer.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 303inMyBrain

What you posted is prime - really. Only problem is it's a couple a days early, the wrong area and no boats or tugs. Honestly I'm not being snippy - you could be right - maybe 'they' flew up here to do some last minute 'training' before the show/exercise down in Syracuse.

But the question still remains...

What can fly so fast it can't be seen and can do 90 degree turns leaving trails?

Or?

What was shot out of the sea?

Now I'm not saying either is the case - I'm asking based on what I heard, what I saw, what I have pictures of.

peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join