It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Needing an Earthquake Website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I usually use Global Incident Map to monitor earthquakes, but the site hasn't been working for over a week now. I tried emailing them but got no response. I like this website because they show all magnitudes of earthquakes.

USGS only shows 2.5 and above on their live map. It would appear Iris is basically the same. Maybe I'm using them wrong and someone can educate me.

Anyway, does anyone know of a website that shows all magnitudes of earthquakes? My searching is coming up empty.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Scroll down from the map. Tons of info.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by tport17

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Scroll down from the map. Tons of info.

Dang beat me to it! Was gonna suggest this site as well

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Thank you both, I think this one will work pretty well!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Try Earth Alerts. It covers everything from Earthquakes, to Tsunamis, Volcanoes, Tropical, Weather and Fire.
earthalerts.manyjourneys.com...
From the drop-downs you can customize further, change earthquake magnitude, past 24hrs to past week, etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dbaptista

Hmm, looks like this one only goes to 2.5 as well. I'm looking for all earthquakes, including 1.0 mags.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

In the USA you can use that link for anything 1+. For foreign countries it varies widely to what degree you can get information. Some local networks publish their smaller quakes, and some don't. Another possibility of course is to get into an earthquake program and learn to read actual seismometer data directly from the internet. And I don't wish that possibility on my worst enemy, because that is like opening an oversized can of big, juicy, smelly worms suitable for shark bait- because this is extremely complicated. And even then you still don't have access to many local networks in the world.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Great! I thought there might be a way to view them on USGS. Thanks

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This one takes the feeds off USGS, Geofon an EMSC, lowest magnitudes vary, but it comes without all the baggage those other sites have. www.oe-files.de...
you can quickly compare what they think about what the magnitude was and see who missed what by un-clicking the "follow" button and selecting the Network, the map stays in the same place.
USGS goes back 7 days the others just 24 hours.

edit on 9-6-2012 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

On the USGS site, you can flip the upper left menu from "7 days, M2.5+" to "7 days, all", which will give you all the events, but possibly only in the US. There is also the slider below on which you can set the lower magnitude limit, but choices below 2.5 do not appear until the upper menu is set to "all". It does show all the events we send the NEIC from here in the Pacific Northwest.

new topics

top topics

join