It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEXISM on ATS!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by FissionSurplus

The male persona got lots of thumbs up and "right on dude" comments, the female persona was attacked and put down, told I was a "dizzy broad" and insulted sexually.

Those weren't real men though.
I'm different, if I find out you're a woman I'd treat you nice.
If you're good looking I'd even go as far as saying I'm completely wrong and you're right, in any discussion.
I love women.

Thats too funny.
How sexists is that statement?

Oh,and btw,you must not be married either.

Sinny,I value you opinion,one that is heavy in sarcasm.
Guys and gals can be asses at times.
Life goes on.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

reply to post by digital01anarchy

Isn't there a travyon martian story you can go fence sit on while pretending to be not full of it.You even thought the old lady who's husband had health issues was lying. O yeah that's right she was the same one who claimed to be Asexual
edit on 9-6-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

If you think it is impossible for menopause and a sick husband to affect ones sex drive then you're well....paranoid. You just seem mad all the time. Poor thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Go cry in the corner you sound like a big baby. People insult people all the time it seems to be in our nature. People talk down to everyone white black male or female yes it's sad but suck it up and take it like everyone else does. Crying don't get you anything but tears. If you don't like what someone says just ignore them and there comments. The world is a lot better now then fifty years ago. The world is a better place and I'm sure people will improve over the years to come. But there is one in every crowd. I sure you don't need to close your legs the people are just flirting with you in a sick way because they have no else in there lives to hold on to. (Jealousy)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Sorry, over here the word sexuality is used to describe orientation... Gender ways, we refer to as *sex*

That minor mis communication aside, if I want to stop being abused, I should not state that I am a woman??

Clearly hitting a brick wall here

edit on 10-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Oh I don't know. I like to think of myself as immortal. I have inside me blood of kings. I have no rival. No man can be my equal.

Still even at that I can't dance and I can't sing. I'm just going around selling... and I'm checking everything is in place, you never know who's looking on.

The perfect body and the perfect face.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hey there .

Get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich . . .

jk

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sinny, I have loads of respect for you, and all the female members on ATS. I hate sexism as much as you do, trust me!

BUT!!! Tis thread needs some smiles.

Women... Can't live with em, can't get laid without em.....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Haha I like your closing statement, the same can be said for you men

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Me and a few other female members where just told to close our legs, ...

Neanderthals have crawled out from under a rock and make a come back!
If this were real life, he'd probably be bonking you on the head with a club and trying to
drag you off by your hair. Hit the 'alert' button on those ... yikes!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I totally agree and is there any female members close by that can grab me a cup of coffee while I finish my posts

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

*Waves to a fellow girlie* - Or should that be a "lady girlie"?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

There was a particular member here a while ago who got caught out pretending to be a young girl.

Turned out "she" was a middle aged man and he felt he could spread his message better if people thought he was a young, attractive female.

Was a bit creepy!

Personally, I don't get why so many people are hung up on such things, I don't care if someone is female, black, Jewish, white or athiest!

I've been part of a UK based consumer site for a couple of years, and personally know a woman who is also a member who portrays herself as a "young red blooded male" - they say they are a painter and decorator, and own a cat named "Delores", very creepy indeed!

Saying that she also frequents youtube in several accounts, usually to post on pole/lap dancer videos - insulting the girls saying all they need is a d*** as they look like transvestites

But I'm of the same opinion as yourself, it makes no difference what sex, colour, gender or religion a person is to me!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by Agarta

Sorry, over here the word sexuality is used to describe orientation... Gender ways, we refer to as *sex*
I can see how it could be used in that way and just for the record around these parts we use Sexual Orientation.

That minor mis communication aside, if I want to stop being abused, I should not state that I am a woman??
No I never said that nor implied it. By all means if you feel it is something you wish to expose by all means disclose it, but announcing you are female does not fix the situation anywhere close to what the "Alert" button would.

Clearly hitting a brick wall here
Only because you have closed your mind to what I and others have said.

When I wrote my first reply it was in no way attacking you. It was only expressing that maintaining the duality only feeds the problem, and a MAJOR PROBLEM it is I agree. As a reply you attacked me, which I did not understand. Again I tried, without anger nor insults, to explain that the issue is a problem but taking sides rather than stepping out and attacking the issue as a whole would have been more of an enlightened way of going about it. Yet again, your reply was anger directed at me. and it continued.

I just don't understand why. Had I taken the Males side and attacked you I could understand your aggression towards me. In my first post I even agreed with you in my first line and yet you chose to become aggressive. What I am about to say is not an attack nor is it an insult. I once was a teenager, I have dealt with teens throughout my life through chosen activities and I have a 19 year old and a 17 year old of my own. Your aggression and words throughout this thread is very reminiscent of a teenage mentality. Again this is not an insult as that is where you are(turning 20 doesn't flip your mind out of it, only experience does this).

What I saw was anger in your replies to most of the contributors of this thread and to a growing degree as the thread went on. With that I ask you, Did you expect a bunch of cheers and agreements and then get aggravated over the fact most were not? Again I state, I DO agree with you "Sexism" is a major issue and should not be tolerated and it should be dealt with but just as in war(and a war on mentality this is) if you jump into the fight on one side or the other you are still perpetrating the war instead of attacking the issue itself.

If you take a second and look at my post count and then go to my posts page you will see the numbers don't match up. Why you ask? That is because when you alert staff it creates a post and is added to your count even though they are not public posts. I alert sexist remarks. This is the proper way of addressing this issue especially on this site. Having just checked my profile I see that mine is a bad example because I do have more than the 800 post limit for the page but check the profiles of other members you will see what I mean.

If you decide you wish to address "Sexism" as an issue without taking a side, as in, understanding that complaining about the other sex only feeds the separation and thus the real problem, and addressing the ISSUE ITSELF, I would be right there with you as one of your biggest supporters. The problem is that its not just "Sexism" that separates us. It is much more, like "Racism", Religion, Politics, "Sexual Orientation", etc, etc, etc,. We as a people do not understand the meaning of coming together as a single voice and that is because the Governments and TPTB want us separate so they can pull the strings. I for one am not a puppet and neither, I assume, are you. It is time for the Human race to cut the strings and step above theses separations in order to bring us together as one people. Just as the American people came together in the moments after 9/11 so did the British people after the subway bombings. This shows what I say is possible. Unfortunately it is only seen in the aftermath of destruction.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thank you Sinny for making this thread. I have to say I have seen more sexism on ATS than anywhere else in recent times. Yes, some of the mods nip it in the bud, but I have seen mods partake in it as well. How do you report that when you know the mod that just posted it is the one most likely respond to the alert?
It has lead me to be less active on ATS because I know one day I am just going to go off and break the T&C and get my self banned.
Before coming to ATS I was blissfully unaware that there were still so many males with the "me big man, you little woman, me in charge" chest pounding mentality in this day and age.

I am fully aware that it goes both ways and I have seen it directed towards men as well, and I find it just as unacceptable as when it is aimed at women.

Aside from the mods cracking down on it, what can be done about it?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Hey again, just read the first 3 paragraphs of your last reply, you say I attacked you? I'm going to look back just now..I currently don't recall that, but I am prone to doing things I'm unaware of.. Edit this is just a second..

Back! (Ten minutes later) your very first post on this thread was very middle ground, but you did state my thread would *not* help the cause against sexism.. Hence I stated this thread was merely a rant (as in not appropriate to really represent the cause) its just a mere.. Rant.

Other than that I feel I've made my point, however... Let the civil converse continue

edit on 11-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

There was a particular member here a while ago who got caught out pretending to be a young girl.

Turned out "she" was a middle aged man and he felt he could spread his message better if people thought he was a young, attractive female.

Was a bit creepy!

Personally, I don't get why so many people are hung up on such things, I don't care if someone is female, black, Jewish, white or athiest!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I apologize if I saw your post to me as attacks, and maybe "attacks" is the wrong word. Maybe negative would be better however you did call me in one of your posts a "dumb***" which is the one removed for manners and decorum. No I did not alert it as I didn't think it warranted it but someone did I guess.

All that aside and conversation anew, did you finish reading my last post? The last paragraph, I feel expresses my feelings the best. Seriously, if you would like to address the issue of "Sexism" on ATS in order to find a way to eliminate it all together I would be willing to even co write a thread with you because I know you DO feel strongly about the abuse it brings to this site.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Sorry for calling you a dumbass, I wondered what post had got removed lol... I was very frustrated at the time, I was debating on many threads, shouldn't have took my frustration out on you, and yea, I agree, sometimes my posts appear agressive when I don't mean them to be, hard to relate your tone of voice over a key board haha.

I appreciate your closing statements, if I ever encounter this issue or a similar issue again, and feel more awreness needs to be raised, ill bear in mind your offer of help

See you around!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Oh look, it's just a female acting like a drama queen and screaming "sexism" to hide from criticism. I've NEVER seen this happen before... nope, not once. We all know females can't be sexist anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join