It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law of Attraction and Magical thinking

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

Well, you can't exactly use evidence when it comes to the Law of Attraction since its simply a mental thing. This example is pretty dark but let's use it. Say I wanted somebody's house to catch on fire. Well, in their mind they have an image of their house being in a state of NOT on fire. If I were to imagine their house on fire and it did catch fire, this would go agains their image of their house and their free will (which exists).

What that thread I linked you does say, is that there is safety in using the LoA. You need not worry about examples likes blood money. (e.g. "I want money" and then my mother dies and I inherit money, giving me a worse result than the money.) Your positive thoughts are stronger than your negative ones. Your subconscious has both positive and negative thoughts. The subconscious overrides your conscious mind, and the subconscious's positive thoughts override its negative ones.

And, while I'm sure it is very important to you to figure this out you should acknowledge that it could just be your OCD obsessing over this question. I used to do it too a bit; always covering each variable to make sure nothing bad happens. Now I don't and there is no difference.

Any way, good luck with everything but try and take some mental breaks from worrying about it so much. In the end, if it brings you any ease, it's a hypothetical effect any way.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

The laws of attraction absolutely work! Just be sure not to gum the works up by not giving back...
Start it all going by giving to someone and knowing because of that, you are intitled to atleast a tenfold repayment and then demand it absolutely! Not from the person, but from the higher power.
Sometimes you need to give more to get it going.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I wonder can I just get a "laser-guided" amnesia to solve this issue?

@Dylan
I reply later.

~~~~

edit on 14-6-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel like giving up almost everything in my life just to fix this,and man just now my OCD is like asking "so is it ok to do whatever now?I mean you say you can risk almost anything",I said "No,I never said I would like to sacrifice that".

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

No one said that intentional manifestation was easy. Its not. It takes effort to use this with purpose. Of course it works just fine all on its own but then you dont usually get what you really intend. You get what you dwell on and if you dwell on being hungry guess what.......

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker
Sometimes I feel like giving up almost everything in my life just to fix this,and man just now my OCD is like asking "so is it ok to do whatever now?I mean you say you can risk almost anything",I said "No,I never said I would like to sacrifice that".

Sometimes I feel like giving up almost everything in my life(friendships,intelligence,success,maybe even sanity) just to fix this,and man just now my OCD is like asking "so is it ok to do whatever like listening music and stuff like that now?I mean you say you can risk almost anything",I said "No,I never said I would like to sacrifice that".Then again while I don't remember what exactly I thought these past few days ,I try not to think of anything I like just in case my OCD latch on to it ,but then again I think thoughts like I can almost trade everything just to fix this,what if things like listening to music accidentally conisdered under that category?Then I feel like it is unlikely because subconsciously I think I know what I value more what i value less ,so if anything I think the UNiverse repsond to my subconscious more....uh..I don;t know I feel like I am getting mindf^&*ed over here.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker
So is there anyway to check our own subconscious thoughts?

Yes ! You can listen to isochronics tones from a meditation CD. Use one that brings brain waves down to the delta or epsilon range. They say to use these during creative visualization. I find them very restful.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

One night at a bar many many years ago I was sitting next to this man who happened to have a very very large nose. I tried not to stare but my eyes were continually drawn to this hugh proboscus. It happened that I smoked back then and I needed to get the ash tray from the bar on the far side of this man. I needed him to move his drink out of the way so I could reach the ash tray but guess what I asked him to move instead ????? Yeppers, I said as polite as could be. " Excuse me sir, could you move your nose so I can reach the ash tray ? " That was the subconscious talking, because awake little me would never mention the gentlemans nose in the first place.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Rut Ro, you're talking to yourself now.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Rut Ro, you're talking to yourself now.

No I did not explain myself thorroughly enough,and the limit for edit is over,so i quoted and reply lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Anyone here got any idea how blessing or curse works?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Want to cure your OCD? I have it too, or had (actually the OCD was more like a side product, had I been completely honest at the time, I most likely would have been diagnosed with some form of psychosis). It's all much more manageable now since I realized some things.

Training my rational thinking helped a lot, it's a long process but I slowly found out that I had been sucking in all kinds of rediculous ideas and beliefs, and let them change the way I thought of things without even realizing it. I'm talking about stuff like many of the 'new agey' ideas, pseudoscientific and other questionable theorys(doctrines). Let me tell you, this site is not the best place while in this state, just adds fuel to the fire, you probably realize this but anyway...

Ever heard of cognitive dissonance? Read about it, might find it interesting. Also check out this site: www.orange-papers.org..., kinda generic the stuff there, but might offer some inspiration.

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I see but do you have any idea how to solve about my problem?
edit on 22-6-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Its absolutely true ,if you truly believe it to be true. I have proved it for myself.

I'd like to share this particular video again ,as I really like listening to it ;

And its very relevant to this thread. For those who can't see the vid ,
the book is called Magic of Believing (by Claude M. Bristol).

If you start believing in this ,you can prove it for yourself.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There is nothing in my life in particular that I like to manifest,what i want is to manifest a solution to this problem.
Success?Wealth?Love?Combine together and its still nonsense compare to my wish to solve this problem.
edit on 22-6-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Do you think Law of Attraction affect our afterlife?.. .

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join