It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law of Attraction and Magical thinking

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

First of all what is needed here is for you to put down your magic wand because you have not got a clue how too use it, "yet" and from your post here I can see it is already starting to burn your fingers

"With such power comes great responsibility"

and Now ...go right back to the drawing board and learn... WHY! you do not need to use such power.

Desire

"The problem with desire is this: if you DON’T get it — which is almost inevitable because all your desires are impossible…. You ask for the impossible; it can’t happen in the nature of things; hence you feel frustrated when it doesn’t happen. And if at all it happens by some miracle, by some accident… if it happens, then, too, it is not going to fulfill you or make you contented because the moment it happens, again your mind starts asking for more; or, by the time it happens you are no longer interested in it."

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
As far as I'm concerned all this stuff about a Law of Attraction is a bunch of nonesense! If there was such a thing there would be no starvation in the world, as people would only have to think about receiving food. The only ones to gain anything from this new age crap are those who were first to jump on the bandwagon, by recording tapes and c.d's on the subject.

Funny, I manifest good food on my table every day of the week. I think about what I like to eat and then I go to the store and buy the food I like to eat. Then I cook it and serve it. All brought about by my thoughts that I'd like a nice steak dinner with a good cesar salad and a nice red wine.
Meanwhile, other folks are thinking, boy I am starving, I have no food to eat, every day I struggle trying to obtain food and every day I go without. I'm not taking about some poor soul living in the middle of nowhere, where food does not grow but of people living in the middle of civilization who still go hungry.
Hey, guess whos eating tonight and guess whos not eating.
This may sound cold but its the truth. I spend zero time thinking that I wont have food to eat. Mostly I think about how I love food and I love cooking and I love setting the table with good things to eat and thats what I get every day.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I am constantly getting paralyzed by "responsibility" whenever I try to do that whatever thing.......

Originally posted by xsheep
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

First of all what is needed here is for you to put down your magic wand because you have not got a clue how too use it, "yet" and from your post here I can see it is already starting to burn your fingers

"With such power comes great responsibility"

and Now ...go right back to the drawing board and learn... WHY! you do not need to use such power.

Desire

"The problem with desire is this: if you DON’T get it — which is almost inevitable because all your desires are impossible…. You ask for the impossible; it can’t happen in the nature of things; hence you feel frustrated when it doesn’t happen. And if at all it happens by some miracle, by some accident… if it happens, then, too, it is not going to fulfill you or make you contented because the moment it happens, again your mind starts asking for more; or, by the time it happens you are no longer interested in it."

Uhm what are you trying to tell me?

edit on 10-6-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There's a hell of a lot that can be said about LoA, and a lot of peeps on this thread have already shared their wisdom already.

So I just thought you may be interested in this particular thread:

How "the law of attraction" works

It is epic, quite long, and written by one of the ATS mods who is also an author of many LoA books.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
^Maybe I will read the thread I am free.

Ok if no one currently is able to directly answer my original question,does anyone have any idea how to deal with it?Please?

~~~~

edit on 11-6-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

I watched the secret too, and my thought was about all the starving people in the world, if it really worked you have to figure they are wanting and thinking about food, well how come it has not appeared! I think to a certain extent it works if you put out negative you get it and the same goes for positive thoughts, but I believe its more Karma then just thought.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

QuantumSeeker, you say you worry about bad things happening to other people because of your thoughts and their manifestations from the Law of Attraction, yes? I should have you know that the Law of Attraction follows free will, in that: anything you think will only directly effect you. You can not change somebody else's life with your thoughts because that would go against their free will.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert80

Beacuse they're thinking of want. Wanting food. They think about being hungry. Wanting food.
They need to think about a full belly. They need to show gratitude for the food they do have. They need to send the message out there that they just love love love food. They love what they have and they will love more. And Thanks for this.
Thats the step that seems to not be mentioned. You must be greatful for what you have. You must count your blessings. You must also be thankful for what you are trying to manifest and the very second that anything that even remotely resembles your request you should be saying thank you, thank you thank you. Even if its not exactly, you must show thanks for every effort .
Love and Gratitude are the keys to making this work.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert80
reply to post by maxella1

I watched the secret too, and my thought was about all the starving people in the world, if it really worked you have to figure they are wanting and thinking about food, well how come it has not appeared! I think to a certain extent it works if you put out negative you get it and the same goes for positive thoughts, but I believe its more Karma then just thought.

That is actually the point I was trying to make with the lottery wish. I don't think many people think that they won't win when they buy a ticket. Same thing with people starving or dying young, no body wants it but it still is reality.

I do agree that positive things happened with positive thoughts, but just thinking positive won't make you rich, and it won't make cancer go away either.

I think the benefits of being optimistic is that it gives people confidence when they go for that job interview, or it gives them hope when they find out that they are sick.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Beacuse they're thinking of want. Wanting food. They think about being hungry. Wanting food. They need to think about a full belly.

How do you think about a full belly if you had nothing eat for days? Easier said than done. Imo.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

QuantumSeeker, you say you worry about bad things happening to other people because of your thoughts and their manifestations from the Law of Attraction, yes? I should have you know that the Law of Attraction follows free will, in that: anything you think will only directly effect you. You can not change somebody else's life with your thoughts because that would go against their free will.

Ok,thnks for replying,but what if I worry about bad things happening to myself because of my own thoughts(no matter it is my own or ocd thoughts) if it is random thought that I just ruminated for a while,it is ok right?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker

Ok,thnks for replying,but what if I worry about bad things happening to myself because of my own thoughts(no matter it is my own or ocd thoughts) if it is random thought that I just ruminated for a while,it is ok right?

Hm, it depends. I know what you mean as I am a hypochondriac at times and also believe in the whole concept of Law of Attraction. So, basically, I feel that if I worry about having a heart-attack, I may end up getting one. This isn't really true, however.

What's true for one side of the spectrum of thoughts (good) is also true for the other side (bad). A lot of people DO NOT get what they want with Law of Attraction because they do not know how to properly use it. Let's take my heart attack worry for example. If I constantly think to myself "I am going to have a heart attack." then I could never manifest it because I'm always manifesting it in the non-existent future. Whereas if I wanted to manifest a heart attack, I should say "I am having a heart attack".

Well, now you are probably think "Well, what if I speak in the present tense and say 'I am doing this, blah, etc". The other problem with the Law of Attraction is that the reality that is being manifested is a result of your subconscious. Your subconscious mind makes up for about 89% of your mind-function, whereas your conscious thoughts (the thoughts worrying) make up about 11%. As you can see, the subconscious is much more powerful than your conscious and the subconscious is what manifest things. So, somehow, you have to use that 11% consciousness to trick your subconscious 89% into believing something is true. Not an easy feat.

Your subconscious has already been programmed from when you are young. Most people are programmed to think that they are NOT capable of extraordinary feats. Do you believe you can fly? Your subconscious doesn't believe it. Do you believe you could make yourself have a weak heart, a seizure, a stroke, or even make yourself lose control of your limbs just by thinking it? Your subconscious does not believe that.

So, for my example, my subconscious mind does not believe it is capable of making me have a heart attack, and ultimately, it is the one that has the say in it. My 11% consciousness isn't going to override that 89%. Maybe after years, and I mean years (almost a lifetime) of training my thoughts I could achieve such a goal, but I would never attempt such a thing.

However, it would be a good idea for you, especially with your OCD to start working on replacing your negative mindset with a positive one. I have an anxiety disorder myself and slight OCD so I know how tough it can be. Try small at first and replace can'ts with cans. Replace no's with yes's. Replace wont's with will's. And physically exercise more.

edit on 11-6-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
So is there anyway to check our own subconscious thoughts?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Not necessarily directly. Meditation will allow you to have more control of your subconscious (it will also give you more positive thoughts so do not worry about having dangerous power). Dreams are a manifestation of your subconscious as well and the symbols in a dream can be interpreted. Freudian slips are an example of your subconscious mind coming forth (a slip would be something like calling your current lover by your ex's name).

Your conscious mind can not really perceive your subconscious thoughts like you do with your current thoughts. Meditation can allow you to experience your subconscious, however.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Hello Karen, I'm glad it workd for you and for any others who believe in it. I don't think what you had to say was cold, only honest, and honesty I appreciate!
I first read about this Law of Attraction quite a number of years ago, and for the past four have been trying off and on to get it to work for myself, without success. Maybe I was trying too hard, if that's at all possible! Take Care!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Not necessarily directly. Meditation will allow you to have more control of your subconscious (it will also give you more positive thoughts so do not worry about having dangerous power). Dreams are a manifestation of your subconscious as well and the symbols in a dream can be interpreted. Freudian slips are an example of your subconscious mind coming forth (a slip would be something like calling your current lover by your ex's name).

Your conscious mind can not really perceive your subconscious thoughts like you do with your current thoughts. Meditation can allow you to experience your subconscious, however.

Ok,this is not really has to do with LoA,but my mind always uncontrollably say something like "ok,if this happens,if I managed to remember to do this or that then everything will be fine",most of the time,I add "even if it does not,it does not mean anyhting bad would happen either",but then sometimes I forgot,or that thing happen or did not happen,it does not actually mean anything right?
edit on 12-6-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Ok,this is not really has to do with LoA,but my mind always uncontrollably say something like "ok,if this happens,if I managed to remember to do this or that then everything will be fine",most of the time,I add "even if it does not,it does not mean anyhting bad would happen either",but then sometimes I forgot,or that thing happen or did not happen,it does not actually mean anything right?

No this is just your OCD at work. It is looking for a way to cover every single variable and then if you think you didn't cover something, you worry. As I have said, your subconscious does not think these things but is responsible for the manifestation. You can go over every single variable in your head, making sure you cover all bases and it still will not effect the outcome. Just know that when these thoughts arrise that it is just the work of your OCD mindset and does not mean anything.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

No this is just your OCD at work. It is looking for a way to cover every single variable and then if you think you didn't cover something, you worry. As I have said, your subconscious does not think these things but is responsible for the manifestation. You can go over every single variable in your head, making sure you cover all bases and it still will not effect the outcome. Just know that when these thoughts arrise that it is just the work of your OCD mindset and does not mean anything.

Ok,maybe I am superstitious,but I think I am afraid of "making deals with the Universe and stuffs like that "and i think that causes this type of worry.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Here, QuantumSeeker. It's funny you are worried about this because I asked this same question on another forum. Take a look. www.powerlawofattraction.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Here, QuantumSeeker. It's funny you are worried about this because I asked this same question on another forum. Take a look. www.powerlawofattraction.com...

The way they say it(I just browsed through it) they don;t seem to rely on any solid evidences on claiming that the realisation of your wishes truly has nothing to do with others' experience,so btw the previous thing I think of is just pure superstition thats all?I don;t really see the link between your link and my question

Thnks for replying Dylan,btw,I feel like solving this problem has become so important that sometimes I feel like other issues in my life seem so insignificant and distant.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join