It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law of Attraction and Magical thinking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So do you think LoA is true?if so?why?If not,again state your reasons please.

I get a bit paranoid around 2/3 months ago,because I originally have some magical thinking OCD issues ,that and I hthnk I somehow recalled LoA ,it turned into Pure OCD,which means I get a bit paranoid about bad things happening to other people if I do or do not do certain things which is unrelated but related to my interests most of the time,it is as if I am getting trolled by myself.

Basically,this condition is trying to scare me to give up my hobbies or things like that because when I accidentally think that doing so might cause soemthing really bad to happen,and then I worried about whether would it happen which in turn makes me worried about whether the worry would manifest as some sort of curse or not.

All this I think is based on the idea of SUPERSTITIONS and sometimes I wonder if superstition work through LoA,I mean you know like breaking mirror and get bad luck thing,maybe people believe it is true so it happened,so I wonder if I accidentally created my own set of superstitions,you get what I mean?

Help please?

Thnks.

P/S:I tried psychological help online but it isn;t so helpful,mainly because it is not just OCD,I am concerned about LoA too.
edit on 9-6-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Here's a suggestion:

Try magical DOING, not just thinking.

Ask yourself, "What can I DO right now that will help me create the life I want for myself, others, and the greater good?"

Then your mind will magically think of answers to that question. You then pick which answer is best, and DO it, not just think about it.

It's how all great things are accomplished.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

About a year a go I watched a movie “Secret” and since then I'm still thinking very hard about winning the lottery... But for some reason it's not happening.

Just relax and everything is going to be alright.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
Here's a suggestion:

Ask yourself, "What can I DO right now that will help me create the life I want for myself, others, and the greater good?"

Then your mind will magically think of answers to that question. You then pick which answer is best, and DO it, not just think about it.

No offense,you sure you read my 1st post?I am trying to make sure I did not create any "curse" between doing something I like and something awful happening ,you get what I mean?Right now I am not interested in manifesting anything at all through LoA(if it exists,in fact I am pretty mad about those authors that write about LoA) except maybe solutions to this problem.

So,my OCD tries to troll me by convincing me to try and to give up doing something I like so I can 100% make sure nothing bad happens to someone else,it is pretty funny when I think about it lol.

But come to think of it,even if someone worries about drinking water and some catastrophy happening,I'd even if he worries about it and drink water (of course!if not how he would live ),it seems safe to assume that bad thing is not gonna happen because of it but I read stories of people manifesting even some strange things so I am not sure.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

Are you saying that I have to not only think about winning, but like physically go to the store and get a lotto ticket??

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Positive thought has helped me over many a stumbling block. Instead of focusing on negative outcomes I try to find the positive and follow its lead. If something negative happens I try not to wallow in it. I Learn from it. This turns the negative to a positive. Most importantly for me is to embrace what I have learned then I let the experience go. Holding onto anything for to long can be a dangerous trap. Everything will be okay as long as I continue to seek positivity. Hope this helps. I am sending you positive thoughts.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is the magic that GOD gave man. if you can envision it - he will provide the steps to obtain it. if we did not have Quantum Mechanic's nothing could exist. and quite frankly the deeper I ponder Quantum Mechanics - I'm coming to the conclusion that none of this exists its a extremely well done Program of existance or a Hologram of emense dynamics and proportions. with every thought there is a ripple - with all of the ripples colliding their is friction, noise, confusion - with all of these variables messing comes reality - one hell of a software program to say the least. anyway - if you go down to the sub atomic level - we know these particles disappear and reappear we do not know where they go or where they come from. research Quantum Mechanics and I'm sure you will start to wonder if all of this is real or just an illusion - and the next time you read your bible - think of it like a software manual and it will open up to an even wider understanding of this Program called Reality.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker

Here's a suggestion:

No offense,you sure you read my 1st post?I am trying to make sure I did not create any "curse" between doing something I like and something awful happening ,you get what I mean?Right now I am not interested in manifesting anything at all through LoA(if it exists,in fact I am pretty mad about those authors that write about LoA) except maybe solutions to this problem.

So,my OCD tries to troll me by convincing me to try and to give up doing something I like so I can 100% make sure nothing bad happens to someone else,it is pretty funny when I think about it lol.

But come to think of it,even if someone worries about drinking water and some catastrophy happening,I'd even if he worries about it and drink water (of course!if not how he would live ),it seems safe to assume that bad thing is not gonna happen because of it but I read stories of people manifesting even some strange things so I am not sure.

Yes, I read your post. That's why I wrote what I wrote.

I'm not going to further encourage your limiting beliefs that your "OCD" is "trolling you" or "convincing" you to do anything.

Ask:

1. What do I want?
2. Why do I want it?
3. What can I do right now to help me get it?

Then DO.

That's how to use "magical" thinking to manifest what you want in life.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRGreer

Positive thought has helped me over many a stumbling block. Instead of focusing on negative outcomes I try to find the positive and follow its lead. If something negative happens I try not to wallow in it. I Learn from it. This turns the negative to a positive. Most importantly for me is to embrace what I have learned then I let the experience go. Holding onto anything for to long can be a dangerous trap. Everything will be okay as long as I continue to seek positivity. Hope this helps. I am sending you positive thoughts.

Hi,what do you mean by holding onto anything for to long can be a dangerous trap?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I'm currently reading this book:
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339256398&sr=1-1

books.google.com...

It will show you how your mind will set up future incidences of synchronicity and how you can control it. But more important it explains how we are doing this ourselves not spooky magic that could come back and haunt you but we are all connected.
I decided years ago not to be caught up in an OCD trap of superstition by responding to things that sound like irrational crap like if I do or wear certain things on game day my team will lose by saying "It's bad luck to be superstitious!"
This obsurd statement defused any thought of participating in a consensus reality of superstition(OCD).
If think and grow rich books worked for anyone but the authors there wouldn't be any poor.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Personal example: When I was a younger man I was very involved with the church. I say the church as a generic term. I became very taken with studies of the occult. I wanted to know how to recognize evil and how to combat it. My studies were already flawed because I was approaching the learning process in a very negative way (combat evil). I held certain beliefs stemming from my studies for many many years even after I had completely thrown out the religion. These things I held so close to my heart skewed my perception and closed my mind. When I started a positive approach to all aspects of my life I found myself open to learning. So to sum things up I had to let go of old paradigms in order to learn a new way. I embrace my time lost because even as lost as I was I was still learning and that has helped me on the path I currently travel. I don't hold onto that time thinking "Oh God I was so misdirected and what a waste of time." I let it go and I regret nothing.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Delete
edit on 9-6-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: Sorry accidental repost

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Here's a suggestion:

Yes, I read your post. That's why I wrote what I wrote.

I'm not going to further encourage your limiting beliefs that your "OCD" is "trolling you" or "convincing" you to do anything.

Ask:

1. What do I want?
2. Why do I want it?
3. What can I do right now to help me get it?

Then DO.

That's how to use "magical" thinking to manifest what you want in life.

Sorry for the misunderstanding lol,

1. What do I want? Solve this problem and do what I want
2. Why do I want it?So I can be happy
3. What can I do right now to help me get it?Posting and asking it in conspiracy forum because psychological forums says LoA is crap without backing it up with good reasoning and LoA forums ...well thinks LoA is true without much prove either,that being said it is whether LoA( if it exists) work in this way or the other that is of concern to me and I received all sorts of responses and replies but I don't know who to believe.

Well is that right or am i missing something?

Originally posted by travisirius

I'm currently reading this book:
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339256398&sr=1-1

books.google.com...

It will show you how your mind will set up future incidences of synchronicity and how you can control it. But more important it explains how we are doing this ourselves not spooky magic that could come back and haunt you but we are all connected.
I decided years ago not to be caught up in an OCD trap of superstition by responding to things that sound like irrational crap like if I do or wear certain things on game day my team will lose by saying "It's bad luck to be superstitious!"
This obsurd statement defused any thought of participating in a consensus reality of superstition(OCD).
If think and grow rich books worked for anyone but the authors there wouldn't be any poor.

The thing is maybe their wealth haven't been manifested yet?Can you elaborate more on the synchronicity thing?Because I don;t feel like explaning to my dad why i used my credit card to purchase haha.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

LOA works...use it all the time

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

1. What do I want? Clear up all this mess and do what I want
2. Why do I want it?So I can be happy
3. What can I do right now to help me get it?Posting and asking it in conspiracy forum because psychological forums says LoA is crap without backing it up with good reasoning and LoA forums ...well thinks LoA is true without much prove either,that being said it is whether LoA( if it exists) work in this way or the other that is of concern to me and I received all sorts of responses and replies but I don't know who to believe.

You forgot to answer one important question aside the what and why....you need to answer the question:

4. When can I expect to get what I want?

Ie. This sets the timeline boundary and may also accelerate the process of attraction.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

Are you saying that I have to not only think about winning, but like physically go to the store and get a lotto ticket??

It's not quite that simple. If you study the Law of Attraction seriously you'll find that you have to "feel" a certain way. Basically, you have to do whatever you possibly can to trick your conscious/subconscious mind into believing you have already won the lottery.

Some even suggest you go a step further. Some say that to even have feelings of excitement over possibly having that much money would still be wrong because only the current-state-of-money-you would be that excited. If you were already rich you wouldn't be as excited.

You need to visuals, think, act, and feel like you are already very comfortable with the fact that you have one the lottery and all its money.

The problem a lot of people face is that they always WANT something. If you think to yourself. "Okay, I'm going to try this Law of Attraction. I'll start with a car. I want a new car." Well, all you are doing there is setting yourself up to manifest the feelings of wanting a new car. Wanting a car and owning a car are two different things. You have to own it (or at least trick your mind into thinking it).

Another problem deals specifically with the lotto. In that, you are not the only one that wants to win the lotto. There are just as many people as you out there that have that very same goal and they might be better or worse at using their mind to manifest. If it was just you, you would probably have one already.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It seems fairly simple how it works.

I believe the doctrine is: "think positively and positive things will happen." If one is thinking positively or somehow optimistically, he will attempt to turn the negatives into positives. He will be more in tune with the positive aspects of his life and he will either disregard the negative or change them in a way to suit his positive attitude.

But because someone takes the outlook of positivity, does not make all negativity disappear. It's just that they're in tune to more easily receive something as positive, even if it is entirely negative.

The Law of Attraction would be more aptly named The Law of Deceiving Oneself.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

It seems fairly simple how it works.

I believe the doctrine is: "think positively and positive things will happen." If one is thinking positively or somehow optimistically, he will attempt to turn the negatives into positives. He will be more in tune with the positive aspects of his life and he will either disregard the negative or change them in a way to suit his positive attitude.

But because someone takes the outlook of positivity, does not make all negativity disappear. It's just that they're in tune to more easily receive something as positive, even if it is entirely negative.

The Law of Attraction would be more aptly named The Law of Deceiving Oneself.

I'll give you that that may be true for a good portion, but it is not necessarily true for all. While I don't like the fan-base that follows the supposed Law of Attraction, I do believe its properties holds merit.

If anything, you are alchemizing your negative mindset into a more positive one, making it your nature.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hi,
I don't know.
But I've been thinking lately that life is a choice.

When the last atom/molecule chooses to fall out of existence, it then becomes anti-matter, dark matter.

Been thinking about this a couple days now.
I choose life.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

To answer the questions, yes, beyond a doubt in my mind LoA is true and works. Why? Because it's gave me success and failure. All of which I "preplanned". As ErroneousDylan said, it's as much about feeling as it is about thinking.

You shouldn't be paranoid about hurting others. Thinking and feeling paranoid about bad happenings, will through LoA, will allow bad happenings. LoA is selfish. Help yourself and you'll be helping others.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join