It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a device that can be purchased to mess up EM attacks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Like a device that could cripple people that try to use EM weapons? I know there are things like cell phone blockers, but maybe something stronger that would cause an attacker to have a stroke or something if they tried to use EM? Certainly that would stop all of this (for right now), and we wouldnt have to shut off ALL of the power grid (which seems to be the only solution currently).

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by strangedays

Directed radio frequency (RF) energy cannot be easily disrupted by adding more RF energy from a "blocker" type device.

You can shield against RF but the shield must be a near perfectly conducting box otherwise it will not be very effective.

If you know the frequency of the RF, in theory, one could make a dielectric phase shifter to either absorb or reflect the RF energy, but will not be an easy task.

In summary, NO, RF energy is difficult to block.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I'm not sure. It did cross my mind that I may have inadvertently created one for myself. When I built my man-cave library, I used corrugated steel for the ceiling and walls. I bent the steel to look like the inside of a Winnebago. It's like the shields are always up. I was in here one night during a lightening storm. All I heard and saw was a flash of light and the immediate boom and sizzle. My computer stayed on and didn't even blink. After I returned from the bathroom to clean my pants out, I assumed that my shield held me in place.

edit on 9-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrZrD

Directed radio frequency (RF) energy cannot be easily disrupted by adding more RF energy from a "blocker" type device.

You can shield against RF but the shield must be a near perfectly conducting box otherwise it will not be very effective.

If you know the frequency of the RF, in theory, one could make a dielectric phase shifter to either absorb or reflect the RF energy, but will not be an easy task.

In summary, NO, RF energy is difficult to block.

Best regards,
Z

Looks like shutting down the power grid is the only way then (to save people).

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by strangedays
Like a device that could cripple people that try to use EM weapons? I know there are things like cell phone blockers, but maybe something stronger that would cause an attacker to have a stroke or something if they tried to use EM? Certainly that would stop all of this (for right now), and we wouldnt have to shut off ALL of the power grid (which seems to be the only solution currently).

A Faraday cage jump suit is available. It would protect you from scalar weapons. Lineman use them to work on power lines. You would likely be a walking lightening rod. I'm not too sure if you might end up roasting yourself in the process.

edit on 9-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The directed RF energy devices I know about for crowd control use millimeter waves powered by truck mounted diesel generators. If this is the case then shutting down the power grid will only land you in federal prison and do nothing to stop these directed energy devices.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I thought that was the premise behind the tinfoil hat gig.
Has to be tin, can't be aluminum foil as I understand it.
No?

And in this case, lining your walls with it? Does lead paint still keep out the demons?
edit on 9-6-2012 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: forgot to add

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Doesn't iron shielding protect from EM attacks? Thought I'd read that somewhere.

top topics

join