It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "OH SO GREAT" United States of America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
AF1

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Do you think Japan would be making these today? You know how much of their population would have died in World War II? You seem to not realize that if things didn't happen in history, then the world would be a totally different place. Japan would not have anything if we invaded. You know how much would have been destroyed, or how many more people would have died? If we didn't drop the atom bomb, then I doubt anything you had would say 'Made in Japan.'

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
ORIGINALLY QUOTED BY JC DENTON

erm.... sorry, have i missed something here? im being told to think before i post!?!?! and YOU are telling me not to say 'shutup'?

id like someone who isnt from america to prove these right or wrong...... it seems people are trying to protect their country by saying that these are incorrect because of an opinion of theirs, instead of a fact.

"I SUGGEST TO ALL OF YOU IN THIS FORUM NOT TO ANSWER JC DENTON UNTILL HE ANSWERS THESE QUESTIONS ABOVE. YOUR CREDIBILITY IS ON THE LINE MY FRIEND."
erm, like the admin said, its a discussion forum.... answers? and answer sources plz? i dont want opinion and poor attempts at insults. thankyou

and what is "PWNED"?

AS PER USUAL YOU DO NOT ANSWER THE QUESTIONS POSED TO YOU BY THIS FORUM. THIS HAS LED ME TO BELEIVE THAT YOU JUST MADE THOSE 15 POINTS UP! PROVE US WRONG.

AND MATE, 'COBBA', FRIEND, I DON'T INSULT PEOPLE UNLESS THERE IS A STRONG REASON.
JUST NAME YOUR SOURCE AND YOUR CREDABILITY WILL STILL BE INTACT.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 03:29 AM
link   
erm.... whats with the caps?

i certainly didnt make those up, please find out for ureself as i dont have the answers, im going by word of mouth from trusty friends?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JCDenton
*GOD BLESS AMERICA*

please do shutup with the attempts to prove these wrong.
err... HKOT, or whatever ure name is, you can shutup aswell thanks.

All of these have already been taken on in the past and have been proven to be stupid assertions by shallow minds.

Don't post anything here and tell people to shut up. Get your own "Flame America" board if that is what you want to post without response. Then, you little "No freedom of speech" two face, you can make it a site to be viewed rather than a discussion board.

(Was this one of my notorious flaming responses, or am I merely responding appropriately. I'm open for suggestions!)

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Nuclear Weapons is a vague term, we dropped Atomic bombs on Japan, which did less damage then some bombing campaigns on Tokyo.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were a relief to the Japanese people, not only were they mildly devastating, but it ended their miserable failing war.

They Hydrogen bomb has never been used, that's the one that would be a crime against humanity. And Terrorists would LOVE to get it.

As for the UN?

In case you haven't read most of their stuff, it's almost ALL "Benefit Europe, Trash America."

African nations see this, all the 3rd world sees it, which is why on a lot of things (like Iraq) they support us. However nations that look to benefit from Europe's success (Like S.A.), support the growing Anti-American Sentiment in the UN.

Whoever is for the UN, is more or less retarded. It's good to have a place for nations to convene and discuss matters, but bad for such an establishment to have Judicial and Legislative Powers.

What's next? Let's just all vote on a World President?

Again, a lot of people have opinions, too bad those same people don't spend more than 5 minutes in making them.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
(I hope TC sees this)

Max, if that's not 'liberal math' then....

Nukes were indeed justified in WW II. There is no shame in admitting that lesser negative consequences might be touched off even as one accomplishes a greater good

So u use for good,
but another is gonna be a insane dictator.... and must be killed or replaced..
That shows how much brainwash has been going on,
-hypocrite is the word...
So for america drop 2 nuclear bombs in 2 central city, and that is for good...
Same as revenge for 11-S (when u really dont know who was)...
WMD?????

ICBM-Nuclear weapons-Bio Weapons, almost all that comes from AMERICA!!!
And bob answering your question on other thread about my copy paste it is simple and obvious that in the other thread, america has bases and military personel all over the world, showing their agressive politics, and also that "they need to defend themselves from something" and not keep "the peace in the world" (if u dont believe go ask every country attacked by america, maybe they
will tell how good was the army in their country)... also that u always see american actions as something saving and keeping the peace of the world, but let me tell u, out of america, almost the entire
world hates it. Not because its citizens i repeat again,
because u let the elititst do what they are doing, and also U TRY TO DEFEND THEM FOR WHAT THEY DO!!!!
Why do u think u are the only country right? that u are the only one with real freedom and with the power to "liberate people", and decide who is evil who is not, without even wanting to disscuss it... U have the worst Goverment on earth (all are like crap, but america has got the worst part in this plan...)

Well let me tell u something, you dont fell in danger, if u didnt make anything wrong...
What america has comitted in the last 70 years has no name at all...(AND I STILL SAY NOT ITS CITIZENS, JUST THE TOP), but u can be also responsable as well for try to see something positive in a massacre like this....
Instead of admit the brutality...
I hope someday u will realize your contradictions...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 03:57 AM
link   
What? You want somebody to prove your ignorant assertions wrong tha aren't from America? What? The facts coming from someone in America aren't good enough for you? Seriously, child, you are quite the one-man comedy troupe, aren't you? A regualar oxymoron.

You seem to prove what I've suspected. People like you, if you types were in charge of the world, would be all in favor of free speech as long as those speaking were singing your tune. All else better shut up. Right.

All news would be half truths. You mention we have dropped so many bombs on so many countries, yet you don't bother to say why the bombs were dropped.
You mention we are the only ones who have used nuclear weaponry. Did it occur to you, brainiac, the reason we were the ones to use it to stop the war back then is because we were the only ones that had it? What do you think would have been the outcome if either Tojo or Hitler had come up with it, Brain surgeon? Chances are you wouldn't be around as your nation would have been smoked, along with your grandfather and grandmother. Thank God we, one of your allies, developed it first.
Speaking of which,

Why do you think they haven't been used since? Because we, one of the good guys in this cesspool of a world, developed it first and had a decent headstart before the badguys got hold of it. Had they used it they would have been incinerated. Once again, you live because a good guy had it first. No need to thank us, your survival was to our benefit as well.

I'm going to bed. Your drivel could be torn apart by anyone who can think further than the bare skin surface. You have proven the most important thing, which is people who follow your thought pattern are the real threats, the ones who are really against individual freedoms. Those who are against you may shut up and those who are from the country that you despise are not allowed to speak the thruth. I imagine if someone from another country were to destroy your ideas would also be asked (commanded) to shut up as well.

Hipocrisy at the max level. Most dangerous, you are. I hope you have no intentions of going into politics. The world has enough dictators and despots as it is.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   
True TC, a lot of people fail to think things through.

Had Hitler gotten Nukes first, he would have seen the ability to take over the world then, good bye London, good bye Moscow....bow before us USA. Then where would we all be?

America has the most WMDs, and amazingly is one of the only nations to not be actively using them.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
What? You want somebody to prove your ignorant assertions wrong tha aren't from America? What? The facts coming from someone in America aren't good enough for you? Seriously, child, you are quite the one-man comedy troupe, aren't you? A regualar oxymoron.

You seem to prove what I've suspected. People like you, if you types were in charge of the world, would be all in favor of free speech as long as those speaking were singing your tune. All else better shut up. Right.

All news would be half truths. You mention we have dropped so many bombs on so many countries, yet you don't bother to say why the bombs were dropped.
You mention we are the only ones who have used nuclear weaponry. Did it occur to you, brainiac, the reason we were the ones to use it to stop the war back then is because we were the only ones that had it? What do you think would have been the outcome if either Tojo or Hitler had come up with it, Brain surgeon? Chances are you wouldn't be around as your nation would have been smoked, along with your grandfather and grandmother. Thank God we, one of your allies, developed it first.
Speaking of which,

Why do you think they haven't been used since? Because we, one of the good guys in this cesspool of a world, developed it first and had a decent headstart before the badguys got hold of it. Had they used it they would have been incinerated. Once again, you live because a good guy had it first. No need to thank us, your survival was to our benefit as well.

I'm going to bed. Your drivel could be torn apart by anyone who can think further than the bare skin surface. You have proven the most important thing, which is people who follow your thought pattern are the real threats, the ones who are really against individual freedoms. Those who are against you may shut up and those who are from the country that you despise are not allowed to speak the thruth. I imagine if someone from another country were to destroy your ideas would also be asked (commanded) to shut up as well.

Hipocrisy at the max level. Most dangerous, you are. I hope you have no intentions of going into politics. The world has enough dictators and despots as it is.

U dont need to call me child, u can make your points using normal words, but anyway, u just showed me how far this nationalism goes...
Ill just say to your last post, go to europe africa and asia and ask the people yourself about your good actions, miracles and actions, maybe then u will understand what i am saying, u still think that there is an anti-american feelings, but what i have is anti - elitist feeking, but TC stills dont get it....
Every goverment has the same boss, is just that i hate how can citizens of every country stand this, and i understand less people like you trying to defend and believe that this is right...

But TC next time try to avoid insults and so on, i am an adult, calling me child, or ignorant is not need it, ok?
Because i cant stand someone that insults but then tells ppl to not do it..
Just letting u know for the next time

dom

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
HKoT. Just take me through that again.

"America has the most WMDs, and amazingly is one of the only nations to not be actively using them."

I agree with the initial statement. Indeed, the US have admitted deliberately developing strains of anthrax which are resistant to all currently available medicines, and a horendous catalogue of nasty biological weapons.

But according to you it's one of the only nations to not be actively using them, that must mean that most other nations *do* use them. Excuse me? When?

As for the US not using them, how about Vietnam and 77 million litres of Agent Orange? Does that not count as a chemical weapon? Did I miss something?

Or if we want a modern example, how about the new brand of defoliants being used in Columbia. Or are they nice chemical weapons, or good chemical weapons, or what?

I'm sorry, but this is another great example of unintentional hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
16) 911

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a little detail for all those who are still thinking that WMD used by america was for the good...

You have such an aggressive way to fix problems that
is not gonna be something for good...

Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar.
Julius Caesar (although doubted by many - an accurate portrayal nevertheless!)

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Illmatic67
This thread is the epitome of how Americans have been brainwashed to love their country that is a serial killer.

How does one know that another has been brainwashed. Maybe it is you that has been brainwashed. America has done some pretty bad things in it's past, but I see justification for most of them. (the dropping of the A-bomb)

The argument that americans have been brainwashed has no evidence. How can you prove that a person has been brainwashed, maybe you have been brainwashed to think that Americans are idiots, when, in fact, not all of them are.(all countries have some idiots)

I don't always stand by my countries actions, but I do believe in what my country stands for. And I think the government is doing a damn good job making this hell hole of a world an OK place to live. If they are a puppet, then I'm going to stand by what that puppet is a symbol of.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."
Hermann Goering, President of the Reichstag, Nazi Party, and Luftwaffe Commander in Chief

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
In fact, the analogy between the Nazis and the chickenhawks works pretty fine .. it is a terrorist strike, the Reichtagsbrand, which allowed Hitler to go after the communists and the jews, after he found two communist jews guilty.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ok, now that I've been disconnected twice while trying to type this, I can try again.

Umm, Cold Anger, Are you trying to say that we were never attacked. That it was just our government telling us a bunch of crap.

If so, I'm a sheep. But I doubt it. I'm pretty sure that we've been attacked.

As for the brainwashing, did you read my post? If you read it, do you get what I mean? I can clarify for you if you do not.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Ok, now that I've been disconnected twice while trying to type this, I can try again.

Umm, Cold Anger, Are you trying to say that we were never attacked. That it was just our government telling us a bunch of crap.

If so, I'm a sheep. But I doubt it. I'm pretty sure that we've been attacked.

As for the brainwashing, did you read my post? If you read it, do you get what I mean? I can clarify for you if you do not.

The argument that americans have been brainwashed has no evidence. How can you prove that a person has been brainwashed, maybe you have been brainwashed to think that Americans are idiots, when, in fact, not all of them are.(all countries have some idiots)

I don't always stand by my countries actions, but I do believe in what my country stands for. And I think the government is doing a damn good job making this hell hole of a world an OK place to live. If they are a puppet, then I'm going to stand by what that puppet is a symbol of.

Your last sentence means brainwash, why? i am not saying that u are stupid, or something like that, because we are all getting brainwashed in this world, not only americans...
Telling me that American goverment is doing a damn good job shows again that theyve showed to the american media "the good things of these war" (i still look for 1 good reason but anyway) but not the real bad things of it. Please joeha dont take my words as an insult, i am telling u just that brainwashed doesnt not mean only come with a bloody machine delete your brain and stuff like that, its done by subconscious and the subliminal messages...

But if i still dont understand your point, please feel free to clarify it please

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I got very confused there. I thought that you were mimicking me.

No, I know it's subliminal. What I'm trying to say is exactly what you said. We are all being brainwashed. No one knows the whole truth.

As for my last sentence, what I meant was this- I will stand by what my government stands for. Not the brainwashing, not the violence, not the corrupt government officials; the old constitution. I stand by what they say they are trying to do. If I feel they are not doing it, then I will rebel.

I know they are doing somthing else, but what I have seen so far is what I believe in.

(I hope this is clearer, It's still kind of mucky to me)

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
I got very confused there. I thought that you were mimicking me.

No, I know it's subliminal. What I'm trying to say is exactly what you said. We are all being brainwashed. No one knows the whole truth.

As for my last sentence, what I meant was this- I will stand by what my government stands for. Not the brainwashing, not the violence, not the corrupt government officials; the old constitution. I stand by what they say they are trying to do. If I feel they are not doing it, then I will rebel.

I know they are doing somthing else, but what I have seen so far is what I believe in.

(I hope this is clearer, It's still kind of mucky to me)

Dirty? what do you mean?
Btw i start to see your changing a bit, now we got that
u dont agree for the violence, brainwashing, corruption, lies etc etc, but u stand for what they say they are trying to do, they have been 5000 years trying, and do you see good results? the earth now is worst than never before, our goverments are our enemies, is not for our good to have them controlling us.
As u said if u feel that they are not doing what they say,
u will become a rebel, u just need time to realize that they never do what they say (for the good of course).
So i hope u will become another rebel of this unjustice called world

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   

erm.... whats with the caps?

i certainly didnt make those up, please find out for ureself as i dont have the answers, im going by word of mouth from trusty friends?

Here my friend. I have fix the problem THAT WAS ANNOYING YOU!

Again, once more after approx. 5 posts after your original, you have not Named you source or Proved your points.
I just wonder!

Just for the Record

I AM AUSTRALIAN NOT AMERICAN!!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI, OI ,OI!!

P.S. On a lighter note, I'm going to start something with you Americans, Were the best Sporting Nation in the World per Population!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join