It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "OH SO GREAT" United States of America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
1) Which is the only country in the world to have
dropped bombs on over twenty different countries since 1945?

2) Which is the only country to have used nuclear weapons?

3) Which country was responsible for a car bomb which killed 80 civilians in Beirut in 1985, in a botched assassination attempt, thereby making it the most lethal terrorist bombing in modern Middle East history?

4) Which country's illegal bombing of Libya in 1986 was described by the UN Legal Committee as a "classic case" of terrorism?

5) Which country rejected the order of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) to terminate its "unlawful use of force" against Nicaragua in 1986, and then vetoed a UN Security Council resolution calling on all states to observe international law?

6) Which country was accused by a UN-sponsored truth commission of providing "direct and indirect support"
for "acts of genocide" against the Mayan Indians in Guatemala during the 1980s?

7) Which country unilaterally withdrew from the Anti-Ballistic Missile(ABM)Treaty in December 2001?

8) Which country renounced the efforts to negotiate a verification process for the Biological Weapons Convention and brought an international conference on the matter to a halt in July 2001?

9) Which country prevented the United Nations from curbing the gun trade at a small arms conference in July 2001?

10) Aside from Somalia, which is the only other country in the world to have refused to ratify the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child?

11) Which is the only Western country which allows the death penalty to be applied to children?

12) Which is the only G7 country to have refused to sign the 1997 Mine Ban Treaty, forbidding the use of landmines?

13) Which is the only G7 country to have voted against the creation of the International Criminal Court (ICC) in 1998?

14) Which was the only other country to join with Israel in opposing a 1987 General Assembly resolution condemning international terrorism?

15) Which country refuses to fully pay its debts to the United Nations yet reserves its right to veto United Nations resolutions?

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
just out of curiosity, where did you copy-n-paste that from?

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
an email from some friends

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
btw, didn't the 1983 bombing in Beirut kill well over 200? Therefore making your friends statement incorrect?

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yeah right, and what about the other countries out there? And last time I checked the death penalty is to be used if you are over the age of 18.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Yeah right, and what about the other countries out there? And last time I checked the death penalty is to be used if you are over the age of 18.

Children can be prosecuted as adults and get the death penalty In America. It is true.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
www.sciforums.com...

This is pretty good, looks like Australia is being bombed too, but not by the USA, really now, what does it matter who's dropping the bigger bombs?

Ours hurt less people, terrorists all over the world kill hundreds of innocents in their attacks, which are targeting malls and stores, not Dictators and Tanks.

Why don't you grow up.

Also, the USA has been the ONLY defender against the NWO, and it has worked hard to drag Britain and her Commonwealths into it. Which wasn't too hard since Britain stands only to lose in the EU.

What do you think the UN is? The future? Yeah, the future SLAVE MASTER

The UN must never have legal authority, hence why USA doesn't listen to them.

They must never make policies, hency why the USA never signs them.

Those who would see the UN take power are the weak nations who want to rule the world...right now the World is covered in Light that eminates from the USA, the UN is the darkness and now it has grown too large.

Remember, it takes but a cloud to block out all the Sun.

Bush is right by blowing off France and the Security Council, the UN now is little more than a paper tiger.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well, from what I've read above, I'd watch my damn step around the US. It seems they answer back with just a little more than bad talk doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Originally posted by JCDenton

1) Which is the only country in the world to have
dropped bombs on over twenty different countries since 1945?

"Dropped bombs on over twenty different countries? did you take into account they were not countries untill the USA dropped the bomb on their dictators!"

"Is that a trick question? Is it more like; Used nukes in general, or in war? If you thinking Hiroshima it was an Atomic. "

3) Which country was responsible for a car bomb which killed 80 civilians in Beirut in 1985, in a botched assassination attempt, thereby making it the most lethal terrorist bombing in modern Middle East history?

"Your reading the media, enough said."

4) Which country's illegal bombing of Libya in 1986 was described by the UN Legal Committee as a "classic case" of terrorism?

"Those were Forien Relations Negotiators, their by entitled to Diplomatic rights."

5) Which country rejected the order of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) to terminate its "unlawful use of force" against Nicaragua in 1986, and then vetoed a UN Security Council resolution calling on all states to observe international law?

"Unlawful use of force, nicaragua? Sounds as if your letting the Media get in your head."

6) Which country was accused by a UN-sponsored truth commission of providing "direct and indirect support"
for "acts of genocide" against the Mayan Indians in Guatemala during the 1980s?

"I believe they are Tribunals, not truth commisions."

7) Which country unilaterally withdrew from the Anti-Ballistic Missile(ABM)Treaty in December 2001?

"If you havnt noticed, none."

8) Which country renounced the efforts to negotiate a verification process for the Biological Weapons Convention and brought an international conference on the matter to a halt in July 2001?

"Who cares everyday people are subject to Biological Weapons, from microbe parasites to pollen(just ask some people)."

9) Which country prevented the United Nations from curbing the gun trade at a small arms conference in July 2001?

"All americans believe everybody should own a gun. if you dont, must not like the bill o rights." "

10) Aside from Somalia, which is the only other country in the world to have refused to ratify the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child?

"Another trick question? and by the way, would you be willing to speak to your friends for me?"

11) Which is the only Western country which allows the death penalty to be applied to children?

"OOO OoO I know this one, I DO I DO. Fernando Poo!"

12) Which is the only G7 country to have refused to sign the 1997 Mine Ban Treaty, forbidding the use of landmines?

"Whats that matter, the same country also has fielded the highest # of people to remove them."

13) Which is the only G7 country to have voted against the creation of the International Criminal Court (ICC) in 1998?

"DANG IT JED STOP!!. Could you say again please, JediMaster almost sliced my thumb off while playing with his new SABER!"

14) Which was the only other country to join with Israel in opposing a 1987 General Assembly resolution condemning international terrorism?

"Since 87? boy thats a tough one its been almost 2 decades since anyone even gone to those meetings."

15) Which country refuses to fully pay its debts to the United Nations yet reserves its right to veto United Nations resolutions?

"Is it a requirment to pay dues in the International Club?"

[Edited on 22-4-2003 by Lurker]

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
*GOD BLESS AMERICA*

please do shutup with the attempts to prove these wrong.
err... HKOT, or whatever ure name is, you can shutup aswell thanks.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Info

Originally posted by JediMaster

Children can be prosecuted as adults and get the death penalty In America. It is true.

Well how many chances will a child commit such a heinous act?

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
JCDenton, we're still waiting for you to prove them true -and you're condemning others that are discussing your 'copy-n-paste' which is, as you pointed out, from your friend, with the ever-esoteric 'shut up'.

This is a 'discussion' forum - you're a typical 'copy-n-paster' who knows nothing about what you have pasted. And when your 'paste' is being challenged and 'discussed' your response to the others is 'shut up' - this tells me you're not capable or don't want to discuss the contents of your post. I'd suggest another forum might be more suitable, one where they don't embrace discussion like we try to do here.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Bob, try to see the positive things about JCDenton's post .. it's an extremely interesting list, he brings forth very good reasons why the patriotic myth should be deconstructed.... I feel we're at a turning point of US and (in a certain sense) world history right now.

Lurker's answer wasnt based on facts but on sleaze alone .. not informative at all, still "shut up" is a little harsh in that context

[Edited on 22-4-2003 by Maxwell Smart]

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Oh, here we go again....the US as Histories only BAD guy. LMAO. Do U realize u people are as ignorant as the people u oppose?

The US fails to ratify a few tearties. SO? Show me the fine print on those treaties. Just because a teraty sounds good, read it first. The patriot act, sounds like a "patriotic" document, but it isnt. Who knows what the wording in those treaties was for?

The US dropped the bomb on Japan? GOOD! Maybe the sons of bitches should have refrained from butchering and experimenting on millions of chinese, as well as just flying out of the blue across the ocean and bombing the hell out of pearl harbor? Japan was anything but innocent, and if it prevented thousands more american soldiers dying to take out that threat, than so be it! And since the inception of the Nuke, there have been NO more major world wars....the threat alone that nukes comprise has kept major wars from occuring.

Whats the only country that won a war without firing a single shot at thier enemies? USA ( think cold war, fools, we defeated the Russians through sheer production and threat, instead of taking the easy route and just getting the dreaded end of the wolrd scenario over with) Europe couldnt even prevent Hitler from rising to power, tho the writing was on the wall.........

We bombed Libya. heard anything from Kadafi since then? I think we delivered a very clear message. he has been well behaved since. The UN condemns it? Like I CARE about the UN? God, u people, on one hand, condemn the unilateralism of the US in this Iraq mess, on the other hand, u support the unilateral org to end all! What do u think the UN is? The UN IS Unilateralism! End of story! No NWO needed here! International laws and courts are unilateralism! The fact that the UN wants to forcibly end things like gun ownership is proof that they do not respect the individual rights of individual countries to develop thier own cultures and standards. They are no better than we are! Hypocrites!!!!!! World order and national law be damned!!!!

We execute kids? I dont think so. try them as adults yes, and as far as im concerned, good. If some 15 year old punk is adult enough to go kill a bunch of people without remorse, then hes adult enough to accept the punishment of an adult crime. They dont get executed till after they are 18. Dont give me this they are two young to know crap, thats all it is: crap. They know damn well what they did was wrong, and if they cant discern right from wrong, they are going to become a menace to society anyway. No one needed to teach me killing for no reason was wrong as a kid......when i killed a mouse from beating it to death and watched it die, I instinctvely felt bad, because I somehow knew that this was not good. the creature was hurt, it was in pain. When I realized I had hurt the critter, I suddenly felt great remorse. I was about 5 at the time. Seeing blood and death on TV as I grew older, I understood casuing pain and suffering is bad. No oine needed to tell me. I knew.

The death penalty is enacted for people who kill without remorse or concern.

So, before u point out how screwed up the US is, please look in your own backyards. We know the US is screwed up. But have u ever looked into YOUR countries? If u are stupid enough to believe u have benevolent, humanitarian govornments that are working and loking out just for YOU....then u are as dumb and brainwashed as Joe couch potato Yankke doodle on his couch with his beer gut. Its just for some odd reason, u think sipping tea or coffee in a cafe and discussing long dead philosphies gives u more an "enlightened" stance."

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Many of those in the list were positive actually. And my point is that were not going to allow a 'copy-n-paste' then the response of 'shut up' when discussion by others is attempted, understand? And lurker may have been a little sarcastic but 'sleaze'? C'mon - that's just nonsense.

Here, let's try some discussion, here's how I feel about that list:

- US bombs Libya: Punitive strikes after Libya downed a passenger jet over Lockerbie. Libya got the message and they've been pretty quiet the past several years. Good call Reagan!

- US uses nuclear weapons: Good call Harry. We won and the nukes killed tojo instead of Americans.

- Missile treaty: Another good call. Let's not be blackmailed by countries like N. Korea. Instead, let's prepare to defend against their ballistic missiles.

And I'll generally discuss the UN ones. If the creator of that 'list' (and the creator isn't jcdenton or his friend) thinks that bombing Libya is illegal than surely they have to concede to the point that certain UN resolutions are illegal to the US (the ICC treaty, the childrens thing, etc). Basically, these infringe upon our rights and are unconstitutional. Say with that 'rights of child' thing from the UN, it could take away certain rights a parent has over their child. Something like that might help some other country where children need to be looked after more but as a parent myself I think they are far too intrusive and give the government (and UN) way too much say so on how we raise our children. Go read up on this resolution (really). And how 'bout the UN and their gun thing. Well, that too would infringe upon our constitutional rights. Even if you don't think we as Americans should have guns, by virtue alone wouldn't you want to manage our gun rights domestically rather than having a foreign power deciding on our laws for us?

[Edited on 22-4-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Can you say PWNED?

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lurker

"Is that a trick question? Is it more like; Used nukes in general, or in war? If you thinking Hiroshima it was an Atomic. "

Does it matter?!?!? By the way nuclear and atomic is that same thing. Think before you post

Originally posted by Lurker

"If you havnt noticed, none."

Once again think before you post. Right after 9/11 we withdrew from this treaty. This is one of the reasons that N.Korea is acting the way it is. By withdrawing from that treaty we basically said that we might use our nuclear weapons if we feel we have to. I see you don't follow the news lucker

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Its so good to see the masses fighting for control of the master's whip. If we beat ourselves with it first does it sting a little less???

The point is being missed in this discussion. All authority is invasion. All governments are guilty of aggression. Is it the greater evil to kill 600,000 in one instant or force millions to live on their knees for centuries?

I am stunned by the fact that men who have little or no knowledge of psychology, ontology, philosophy or sociology are armed and sent into the world to police me...

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
HOW CAN YOU POST SOMETHING AND EXPECT PEOPLE TO BELEIVE YOU WHEN YOU DO NOT WRITE YOUR SOURCE.
WERE DID YOUR SO CALLED FRIEND RECEIVE THIS POST?
WAS IT SPAM?

ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS!

I SUGGEST TO ALL OF YOU IN THIS FORUM NOT TO ANSWER JC DENTON UNTILL HE ANSWERS THESE QUESTIONS ABOVE. YOUR CREDIBILITY IS ON THE LINE MY FRIEND.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join