It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind trip through metaphore 3. Noah's arc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Noah's arc.

Let's look at the story line in a nut shell.

Noah visited by angel,god. A huge flood is coming, you must build an ark. 2x2 they come. No one believed Noah, flood arrives, Noah and family survive thanks to their arc. Dove leads the way to new land, olive branch.

Ok let's see how this fits in today.

Humanity has an awakening, gains knowledge about ascension and new earth(flood of knowledge and awareness). realises/builds connection, spark, arc with Devine creator. Synchronisitys/coincidences come(2x2). Many do not understand/perish when "said" flood arrives. Human family make it to new earth/land because of arc/spark/connection with Devine creator and are shown the way to new earth is through peace,= dove and olive branch.

When you simplify a story, the metaphore remains.
flic.kr...
Arc=spark connecting two points in space and time.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I'd be more inclined to believe this, if it weren't for one overlooked fact: the flood was God's punishment for the sinful nature of man. It wasn't about peace, and a greater connection to the Lord. It was about God being angry, and wanting to throw away the board.

This is true as far back as the myth can be traced. In Egypt it has the same connotations of the gods getting angry at man and the Eye of Ra descending down in a sea of blood to punish them. In Mesopotamia the god Enlil, angry about how much noise man makes, and how dirty people are, wants to flood and kill all life as well. Enki saves us by warning Ziusudra about the coming deluge.

I like the way you look for modern associations, but I think you've oversimplified the depth and importance of the myth.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

But would god punish those not deserving? Noah and his family, where warned and spared. Why?
edit on 9-6-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

But would god punish those not deserving?

Yes. See Job.

Noah and his family, where warned and spared. Why?

Are you suggesting that only one family on the entire planet was righteous?

Do you honestly believe that, of the several million humans which populated the planet at the time, only a handful of them were actually living by God's standards, and were the only ones worth sparing?

As for their "purity," Noah's daughters have sex with him, his son sees him naked, and they all commit various adultery, incest, and the like once the Dove guides them to land.

Your stance makes no sense.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Yeah, I hear ya, but I dont think any of them story's where sopposed to be taken literally. I don't think just one family survived back then either, do you?
Noah being a metaphore for the ones who made an arc. Knowers.
I'm not trying to say this is how it is. It just a mind trip.

top topics

join