It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Syria another Afghanistan ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
IS syria another Afghanistan?

No they don't have a drug trade to support their "civil war"

"Evil Jews" ? same crap different day different thread.

When radical islam was going after Amerka it was all fine and good and serves those evil Ameirkans right, but now they are going after their own, and turns out they don't like it too much now.

Go figure.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Any thread that has "evil jew" in it pretty much ends it for me. Rationality kinda takes a coffee break when those two words come up.

Personally, I'd rather debate phage about Nirubu that talk to anyone concerning anti-semitic rhetoric.

Peace out and props to my hombres.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Any thread that has "evil jew" in it pretty much ends it for me. Rationality kinda takes a coffee break when those two words come up.

He didn't bring up evil jew. He said Zionists. Quite a world of difference. Christians and other religions can also be Zionists, or did you not know that..

Back to the thread...

Syria is not another afghanistan, but It may turn into another one if we interfere with it like we did in afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I don't care about Syria and the United States of America has nothing at all to do with the place.

They do if they are funding the rebel terrorists which has been stated before and proven before on numerous threads.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Everyone remember what this is about right? Its' not about terrorism, freedom, liberation, or Israel. It's about resources, oil in particular, and cash flow.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Oil is just one part of the middle east plan.

But first , they should take the land.

Then they will create a big old divide and conquer plan by helping the ignorant and the extremist.

Then they will create a complete chaos.

Then will get attention of people world wide.

Then those people support the army for invasion.

At last they get their oil.

By having energy vessel in hand , they will have the whole body in hand.

Then they can control the whole body.

Then they fulfill they old dream of being god.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The economy of Syria is based on a diversified economy that revolves around agriculture, oil, industry and tourism. Its GDP per capita expanded 80% in the 1960s reaching a peak of 336% of total growth during the 1970s.[3] This proved unsustainable and the economy shrank by 33% during the 1980s. However the GDP per capita registered a very modest total growth of 12% (1.1% per year on average) during the 1990s due to successful diversification. More recently, the IMF projected real GDP growth at 3.9% in 2009 from close to 6% in 2008. The two main pillars of the Syrian economy used to be agriculture and oil, which together accounted for about one-half of GDP. Agriculture, for instance, accounted for about 25% of GDP and employed 25% of the total labor force. However, poor climatic conditions and severe drought badly affected the agricultural sector, thus reducing its share in the economy to about 17% of 2008 GDP, down from 20.4% in 2007, according to preliminary data from the Central Bureau of Statistics. On the other hand, higher crude oil prices countered declining oil production and led to higher budgetary and export receipts

Wiki

see the rank of Syria's oil export here :

wiki

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
No, Syria is not Another Afghanistan they are two very different states with two very different problems and internal and external relations.

I take great issue with you calling these people “stupid” because these “stupid” people are standing against their government and as such they are anything but “stupid”. I would go as far as to call your thread “stupid” but if i were to do so I would probably be breaching the T&C’s.

So I am not allowed to call you or your thread stupid because to do so is to deviate from the ethos of respect on ATS yet you are allowed to call these brave people fighting against their oppressive governments “stupid”.

edit on 9-6-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Danbones

You didn't buy his book he was pitching at that time did you?
If so, I hope you didn't pay full retail.

I got my copy at Goodwill for .50

Also, You do know what his views are on Iran right?

Your Source...

GEN. WESLEY CLARK: I said if you want to worry about a state, it shouldn’t be Iraq, it should be Iran. But this government, our administration, wanted to worry about Iraq, not Iran.

edit on 9-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

In this case Clark was simply reporting the Us (stolen government's) agenda
show me some proof he was inaccurate while doing so please

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
reply to post by satron

Oil is just one part of the middle east plan.

But first , they should take the land.

Then they will create a big old divide and conquer plan by helping the ignorant and the extremist.

Then they will create a complete chaos.

Then will get attention of people world wide.

Then those people support the army for invasion.

At last they get their oil.

By having energy vessel in hand , they will have the whole body in hand.

Then they can control the whole body.

Then they fulfill they old dream of being god.

Sure, that's a bit detailed, but it's ultimately about resources. If the west doesn't make money on it, non-western aliies will profit from it. Then the countries remain poor, stereotypes remain to be feared and hated, cycle continues.

People, US citizens are angry at the money we've supplied Israel, but the government isn't worried about that. They are worried about the potential PROFITS!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Actually whoever is funding the rebels is causing this foreign backed coup is causing bloodshed is responsible and USA is one of the countries providing support for terrorists.

So if the US is interfering then it is not a syrian problem anymore.

USA is not alone in this.

Saudi Arabia is helping this much.

Jordan and Turkey are US agents in the region.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well thankyou very much. Is this where I come in? lol

Ok so I may not be Santa Claus but I am fill in boy, so you might want to take what you can get, while you can get it.
Regarding our exit strategy...

If you want some background you can read the latest info here...
news.yahoo.com...

So I am giving Afghanistan to our military. Something like a 200 year lease. Its an open end lease I am saying 200 years just so you know there is no time frame on this.

Basically I want to give it to NATO forces, the bulk of Afghanistan, the land is not usable for anything, the people in Afghanistan make $962.00 average annual income, and they have no prospects. So we can give them aid, or we can give them aid.

So what I propose we do is we turn it into a place where the military, can play war games and conduct training, and maintain their equipment. So that they will always have a rough and ready active force. We may be heading into a time of peace, but in order to preserve that we need to maintain a strong military.
We are a nuclear capable planet we have to maintain a strong military and a strong balance of forces.

Which we have.

Now if I wasn't good friends with China and Russia, and hadn't help them build a coalition, which BTW is doing fantastic, better than I could have hoped for if it wasn't for that I would not be suggesting this since it might be seen as an act of aggression.

So its not an act of aggression or even a bid for empire, it is merely us hoping to get something for the large amount of money we need to spend in Afghanistan to get those people out of perpetual poverty.

So the deal is, I am giving it to the generals to manage as they see fit, with a mandate.

One, that you build infrastructure, which means roads and dams where you need them and where you think they should be. Two, that you maintain the same high military standards, which means training our youth to be good citizens. If anyone does not appreciate the need for that read any philosophy text. And three, that
as you go about your endeavors there I would like you to design a plan whereby in the event of some terrible catastrophe, and we had to evacuate a city, maybe even the size of Tokyo, or New York, or lets say the entire midwest if Yellowstone blew, or if a tsunami hit Indonesia or if China got hit by an asteroid, or anything that might cause the mass migration of millions of refugees, we want to have a place where they can go, where we have anticipated this may happen, and are prepared to deal with it.

Lets have a look at the map...
/goo.gl...

You see there is no port. Which is unfortunate because that would have allowed you to build a port city with a dry dock.

We of course will continue to pay your wages and meet your financial needs but we are going to expand that a bit, to get other people to share in that cost. Since everyone benefits from global security.

So you can invite people from other countries and offer them the service of training their youth, and they may go on to become police officers in their own country or maybe just want to be better people.

These are the NATO countries.
www.nato.int...

Now if it was me, I would also invite Russia and China to partake in some exercises after you get established there in a couple years so they too can benefit but I will leave that up to you since as I say unless called upon, I fully intend to give this authority to you, since I have faith that you know how to do your job.

So then 1) infrastructure, 2) maintain active service in the military at a high standard.
and 3) large scale global catastrophe readiness. There are 4 billion people in that region. Do the math.

So thats a big mandate but I have all the confidence in the world that you will accomplish it.
And how you go about giving every member country their own little area, and how you manage the entire project is up to you. Its going to be a military dictatorship. Although keep in mind you are still subject to governments at home. You have to answer to them as well but they won't interfere.
So we will be pulling our forces out of Iraq and moving other forces into Afghanistan to use that country for military training, since we intend now to be in a state of peace for some time to come. Well to a reasonable degree. We will have the capability to go to war if we needed to I just don't expect we will need to.
So from there you can ensure the oil will continue to flow.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

So, what are the conditions? Well you don't pollute. That means radioactive waste and dangerous types of hazardous materials are treated with as much caution as if you were in your own country.

Again we are not going to be looking over your shoulder, we are going to trust you there.

Another condition is that you encourage the Afghani people to wherever possible sell you supplies.

That is to say that if there is a company there that has what you need, you should use that company with the goal of spending money in that country, to raise their GDP per capita.
And that also includes hiring labor where you can to help their local economies.

Keeping in mind that if you find gold in the hills, it belongs to Afghanistan, and you would build a road there, so they could mine it.

And of course you don't want to interfere with their culture or their businesses and their typical way of life although, it is a dictatorship. Which means you make the laws. And you enforce those laws.
As you see fit. You see if we did not have such an investment in the quality of people in the military, this would be madness. But we know that you have good character, and can be trusted.

We don't want to tie your hands since who knows what sort of issues you will have to deal with over time.

The end result will be that Afghanistan will in time, become part of the modern world. It will have infrastructure, and it will have people with an education, and some skills.

As we accomplish that we will also accomplish our own goals of maintaining our military during peace time.
And transition our forces to be useful even if there is no war. Such as to help in the event of disaster.
But with something to work with. Your own large playing field and training grounds and your usual budget.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Proof? What has been proven?

on these threads its been proven that:

1. there is no God.
2. God exists.
3. Evolution is God.
4. Nibiru exists.
5. There is no Nibiru.
6. Aliens exist.
7. There are no Aliens.

etc. etc. etc.

nothing is ever proven..

my truth is that no matter what evidence you claim to have...the corpse called the Assad government has nothing at all to do with the USA. and nothing you could possibly show will convince me or anyone else otherwise.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It is starting to get interesting out there now. I suppose we picked an exciting time to have a global conference regarding the fate of the free world. (rubbing hands)

Some day they will study this on In Our Time on the BBC. And they will say When the International Community gave Afghanistan to NATO was that anything like the opium wars during the time of the East India Company?

And of course it is like any of the things that have gone on in Afghanistan over the last 3,000 years. On a 10 year cycle, someone either invades and conquers or someone rises up as a conquerer from the hills of Afghanistan, and attempts to take over the world.

Afghanistan has been an ancient focal point of the Silk Road and human migration. Archaeologists have found evidence of human habitation from as far back as 50,000 BC.[11] Urban civilization may have begun in the area as early as 3,000 to 2,000 BC.[12] Sitting at an important geostrategic location that connects the Middle East with Central Asia and the Indian subcontinent,[13] the land has been home to various peoples through the ages[14] and witnessed many military campaigns, notably by Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, and in modern era Western forces.[11][12] The land also served as a source from which the Greco-Bactrians, Kushans, Saffarids, Ghaznavids, Ghorids, Timurids, Mughals and many others have risen to form major empires.[15]

We were just next in line.

So then Iraq. agrarian society, but not like the Khmer Rouge.
Agrarian society such as...

An agrarian society is a society that depends on agriculture as its primary means for support and sustenance. The society acknowledges other means of livelihood and work habits but stresses the importance of agriculture and farming, and was the most common form of socio-economic organization for most of recorded human history. This was the common way for Medieval European countries to gain wealth.

And America began as an agrarian society. So they can farm, then cooperate as farmers, then form associations, which become lobby groups, and then have reasonable democratic-like self rule.

So I could give you the philosophy behind this which would take several days, or just say, that their world, is the second world, not the first world, and not the third. You cannot expect people to be able to adjust as if they lept through time. So their normal system of government is based on clans and rulers like kings, and since they struggle for existence, they often have had cause to mistrust each other as people do when you are fighting for survival. Hence, they have always needed an authoritarian government. So that they can trust each other even when times are bad, and hot and dry, and penniless, which is you know all the time in that region.

GDP per capita Iraq, 4,800 Syria 3,000 and again Afghanistan 962 bucks. Iran, 13,000
Thats our success story which we are attempting now to build on through passive means.
By helping Syria to become part of a larger union, in economic and strategic agreements with the Russian China etc coalition of countries. The reason behind that is they are a small penniless nation who needs to be part of a larger conglomerate of states, so they can invest in irrigation, to reap rewards through excellent agricultural possibilities. They too are second world people. Agrarian society with tourism since they have an excellent heritage of historical events from the region. But you have to downplay the Muslim aspects of your culture before you will have any more tourists there than say at that empty mall in Dubai with the gold facets in the washrooms.

So in a nutshell, we might as well stay in Afghanistan because we would be back there in two weeks anyways since that is all that ever happens there. Partly because it borders I think 40 other countries. Let me check...

size of Texas in the United States. It borders Pakistan in the south and east, Iran in the west, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan in the north, and China in the far east.

So thats where we want to open a MacDonalds. And a Starbucks, but also more importantly for the region, a Walmart.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So lets say 500 billion budget for the American military over the next 4 years, 2 bn of that for the water systems development that you have recommended for Afghanistan for irrigation, and lets make that 4 bn so you can add 2 for your own strategic water needs.

And lets give Afghanistan 10 billion to develop those mineral deposits identified by the Geological Survey, to some degree, to help the GDP of the Afghani people. And we will give it to them by building roads and hiring some labor and generally spreading the wealth as you see fit.

The other military budgets are small by comparison so I am not even going to go into it. Both our Canadian military troops, can remain in Afghanistan until we can find a couple guys to relieve them. Just remember guys, see the movie The Man Who Would be King. That all happened just north of you there.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
NATO et al is still in Afghanistan because that's the way the leaders of the Islamists like it. They don't have to do anything with their people, it pins down their "enemy" to spending lots of resources indefinitely, keeps money flowing into Afghanistan, Pakistan and several other nations.

Frankly, for a small price of rabble rousing and some opium, Pakistan's elite are paid handsomely. And they can get a cut of the opium.

Syria isn't any of these things.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

and nothing you could possibly show will convince me or anyone else otherwise.

And that is the height of ignorance. Refusal to believe in the face of mounting evidence.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Isn't it nice to be me, and not have to know how you manage a region like that (Afghanistan) where they have in the past, grown poppies like we grow wheat on the prairies.

I am not saying I couldn't manage that situation, I am merely saying how nice it is, that I don't have to.

Having this gigantic military, which is highly skilled and highly trained, they can manage it. And how they do it, is their business. Otherwise, we would have to do it ourselves anyways.

If I give them the orders, which I am, they can follow those orders, or merely refuse to follow them.

But if I am vague, then thats not the way to instruct the military. Since who are they going to go to, for direction, or approval otherwise? You see, they would be caught in the quagmire of politics, where nothing is done since people cannot agree on the details.

Economics? Ok, thats where we are in. Archeology? Unfortunately we are in that too. So if you play war games, you have to play them where the antiquities will not be destroyed, since some day, those will be tourist attractions for the Afghani people to profit from.

Can we tolerate you playing with the terrorists? Are there alphabets in alphabet soup? CNN wants you to keep playing with the terrorists whenever necessary. But respect other people's borders. We are giving you Afghanistan, on a lease of course, a no money down, home improvement type lease.
Build a golf course, make some nice places for officers, build towns to blow up or fight in, build whatever you want.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by mideast

They will think their old way of getting women and getting drunk

This is bad how exactly?
Listen, At my age this is still as relevant as it was while in my youth

Their leader are really interested in alcohol and women

To be honest with the way politics are going these days, Alcohol and women are about their only saving grace I can Identify with.

They've got the alcohol and wimmins?

Where do I sign up?!?

Then there will be WW3 for the Zionists to take over the world.

edit on 9-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Do. Not. Want.

Hey - when the Evil Zionists (TM) take over the world, who the hell is going to defend them from the looming Zombie Apocalypse?

edit on 2012/6/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join