It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News - Wales flooding: Major rescue under way after flooding

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMav

Guess you havent read the whole thread. Im an englishman and I have written nothing but good things. I have the same amount of respect for the welsh as I do the scots, the northern irish and the english. We're all part of Great Britain and thus should act as such instead of insulting each other.

This isnt aimed at you but Im sick of people saying they're English/Welsh/Scottish/NI, Personally, I'm British and will be until I die. Its whats on my passport after all...

And more to the point if you think every englishman or even a majority thinks like that then you need to actually go speak to some. I know of no-one who thinks like that. No-one. On the flip side I served with people from all over the UK in the forces and none of them think like you either.....
edit on 10/6/12 by chockyUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by welshbeliever
im welsh not english !
theres more than one country in england , check out a map ;-)
edit on 9-6-2012 by welshbeliever because: sp

Hi there, this is my first post. I have to say I read this and couldn't let it slip.

If you're going to correct someone as to your origin, at least get it right... here's what you should of said;

"There's more than one country in the United Kingdom"

Let me just make it clear.. the UK is made up of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Apparently you think that Wales is within England. I rest my case.
edit on 10/6/12 by noescape because: Added Northern Ireland.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
i apologise for generalising and tarring u with the same brush but i know many english people mate, i work with loads and they never stop call wales a s*** and pointless country lol. im an everton fan and constantly get abuse from scousers too. maybe u havent met many of them yet!

its good that u class yourself as british, older members of my family see themselves as that too. im proud to be welsh but have always thought there is not a blind bit of difference between english, scots, welsh, irish tbh. - just accents.

again i didnt mean to offend, just wanted to let citybig know he is talking out of his arse

p.s i actually quite like the queen and some royal family members, they do ok, even if I do dispise royality, anyone with that much power scares me.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
OT, but the Welsh are British in the same way that a Cockney is a Londoner.

I also believe that the English (Anglians) are also British - though that's for another thread. Some of the ignorance in this thread raises serious questions about what, if anything, they teach kids at school these days. But that's also for another thread.

The irony missed, of course, being that most of those rescued in Wales were English.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by noescape

Originally posted by welshbeliever
im welsh not english !
theres more than one country in england , check out a map ;-)
edit on 9-6-2012 by welshbeliever because: sp

Hi there, this is my first post. I have to say I read this and couldn't let it slip.

If you're going to correct someone as to your origin, at least get it right... here's what you should of said;

"There's more than one country in the United Kingdom"

Let me just make it clear.. the UK is made up of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Apparently you think that Wales is within England. I rest my case.
edit on 10/6/12 by noescape because: Added Northern Ireland.

I think you're mistaken sir.....read: Cornwall.

Well at least i think that's what he/she meant....
edit on 10-6-2012 by existenz because: Extension

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

they sure didn't turn down the help in WW2 when the place was about to be flooded with the queen's cousins, the germans...the welsh and scots prolly sent a few lads to help out then
reply to post by Danbones

Oh Jeez, back to WW2 on the first place. It's funny though, the depiction by many of Britain as "standing alone" against Germany, as though Britain in 1940 was some meagre country without a global empire

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Clearly not enough of our tax money is spent on education in Wales, the point I was making is that me, as an Englishman, will be footing the bill for the damage to Wales, just like we foot the bills for every perk the Scottish and Welsh exctract from their national assemblies funded by us.

wow people might drown and your beefing about money...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
UK is being punished for sponsoring islamofascists to kill people in Syria,Middle east and Chechyna.

Karma is a bitch.

Except that has nothing to do with Wales lol. England is to blame for that.
Please don't comment until you have at least a rudimentary understanding of geography.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
]they were enjoying camping near the river during the summer time, on holiday when this weather system dumped a # load of water on to a victorian drainage system! you see the world 150 years ago made drainage systems in accord with the rain fall they had! THAT WAS THE LAST TIME THEY WERE UPDATED!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by existenz
reply to post by Citybig

SNIP

I have to commend you on your grasp of irony. You call me all sorts of names and threaten me with violence, and yet you claim that I am foul and in the wrong. You unionists are very violent, note however, that I have not used nearly half as many slurs or threats against the other nationalities on this island or commenters.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Citybig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by mkgandhas
UK is being punished for sponsoring islamofascists to kill people in Syria,Middle east and Chechyna.

Karma is a bitch.

Except that has nothing to do with Wales lol. England is to blame for that.
Please don't comment until you have at least a rudimentary understanding of geography.

Thank you so very much for proving my point. Slurring my nation and people is considered absolutely normal these days, and is the exact cause as to why I could not care even in the slightest for other nations and nationalities.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Just wanna say I love Wales and the Welsh. Just so this thread doesn't dissolve into racial foolishness.

It looks like the rescue services are doing a grand job. Kudos to them.

Stay safe.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Just wanna say I love Wales and the Welsh. Just so this thread doesn't dissolve into racial foolishness.

It looks like the rescue services are doing a grand job. Kudos to them.

Stay safe.

Hello everyone, is this where all the welsh peeps are hanging out these days? ive been hanging around the UFO forum and missing all the fun... not. I just wanted to second what this nice lizard man has just said.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

smell the coffee, the fact is this union IS breaking up, and England will be free again, no matter how much you attempt to deny it.

Coffee is from Colombia mate, you sure you're English?
Tea would've been a better assumption.
Didn't seem like the union is breaking up to me today, when Prince Edward visited Gibraltar.
(by the way I shook his hand and he hasn't got scales)
"England will be free again".
Wait, you trying to say you're the victim, as in Wales conquered England or something and formed a union?

Imagine if you got what you wished for and the union did break up.

Good luck defending yourself from all sides, including France.

You're not even English are you?
Prove it, if not shat up.

Agent provocateur more like.

How do I know you're not from Yemen?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by Citybig

smell the coffee, the fact is this union IS breaking up, and England will be free again, no matter how much you attempt to deny it.

Coffee is from Colombia mate, you sure you're English?
Tea would've been a better assumption.
Didn't seem like the union is breaking up to me today, when Prince Edward visited Gibraltar.
(by the way I shook his hand and he hasn't got scales)
"England will be free again".
Wait, you trying to say you're the victim, as in Wales conquered England or something and formed a union?

Imagine if you got what you wished for and the union did break up.

Good luck defending yourself from all sides, including France.

You're not even English are you?
Prove it, if not shat up.

Agent provocateur more like.

How do I know you're not from Yemen?

Your entire post, in fact, all of your posts are completely mooted by these news articles:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The talks were revealed as opinion surveys showed that support for a break up of the Union is higher in England than it is north of the border.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A majority of voters in both England and Scotland back the break-up of the United Kingdom, a shock poll revealed today. The poll found more 68 per cent of English people want their own parliament, while 59 per cent back Scottish independence

Thought I was in the minority? Don't worry though, I'll make a lovely big batch of beef gravy to serve over those huge slices of humble pies you will all be eating in 2014

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Aaaaaah right....the Daily Mail!

Because she's a worthy news paper.

You're a traitor to the UK and derailed the thread of the OP.

Why did you derail the thread and you're not even English are ya?

I can schmell ya from a mile away.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by Citybig

Aaaaaah right....the Daily Mail!

Because she's a worthy news paper.

You're a traitor to the UK and derailed the thread of the OP.

Why did you derail the thread and you're not even English are ya?

I can schmell ya from a mile away.

Don't like the DM? Fair enough, it is a polarising newspaper, so here is the same subject as reported by the paper at the complete opposite end of the spectrum:

The Guardian:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Another recent poll, by YouGov for Prospect, indicated that only a small minority of English voters would be all that bothered by a break-up. Most were relaxed, and rather a lot positively embraced, the idea of a divorce. By 52% to 32%, English voters favoured either maximum devolution for Scotland or independence – a bigger margin of support for the SNP prospectus than there is in Scotland itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join