It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News - Wales flooding: Major rescue under way after flooding

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsrreal

IN defence of Citybig (and only on this very small point) it isn't racist to be "hating" the Welsh or Scots.

Why?

Because, ethnically, we are all pretty much the same group, aside from the very remote communities. Anyone who claims otherwise is deluding themselves. The population of the UK has interbred for millennia and while the people at the top often change, us plebs have all been the same since before the Romans.

So, I wouldn't call him a racist. I would call him a bigot though, which is much more accurate.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Citybig

Oh god, another holier than thou English taxpayer.
Please get some compassion on your next visit to the shop.

this !!

Quote " www.youtube.com... "
edit on 10-6-2012 by pheniks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

"No English aid to Wales ever."

Fortunately the Welsh flood victims will receive aid from all the rest of the U.K as we speak, hence the united part. So your rant is meaningless! But then this has already been pointed out to you, and yet still you continue with your racist hatred toward the rest of the U.K. I have hade a quick look at some of the other posts you have made here on ATS, you really dont play very well with others now do you? You city big are nothing more than a bigoted racist little hater my friend, ATS and even dare say planet Earth needs more people like you like they need a hole in the head!

"Your words are feeble and twisted as an old womans!"

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Again you keep talking about racism but you never explain or quote my posts that are racist. I'm sat here taking abuse from the Unionists yet they say I am in the wrong. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, the fact is this union IS breaking up, and England will be free again, no matter how much you attempt to deny it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

You don't like the Welsh , you don't like the Scottish, I've seen in other threads you don't like Americans. Who do you like? Just English people. I imagine if you had a DNA test it would reveal you own ancestry will be mixed with all sorts of different tribes that have lived in these lands and else where. You need to drop this hate. It will only lead to an unsuccessful bitter existence.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

"Again you keep talking about racism but you never explain or quote my posts that are racist. I'm sat here taking abuse from the Unionists yet they say I am in the wrong. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, the fact is this union IS breaking up, and England will be free again, no matter how much you attempt to deny it."

Your posts explain themselves Citybig. They are laced with racism, hatred and bigotry, plain for all to see, and thats not mentioning the ones that the Mods have removed. I draw the line at explaining the obvious im afraid. I hope with all my heart that the United Kingdom continues on they way they have been for the next 1000 years.

"Let the haters hate, they're like way too late!'"

God Bless Our Queen And Country! Love Live Royal Britannia!

edit on 10-6-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by Citybig

"Again you keep talking about racism but you never explain or quote my posts that are racist. I'm sat here taking abuse from the Unionists yet they say I am in the wrong. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, the fact is this union IS breaking up, and England will be free again, no matter how much you attempt to deny it."

Your posts explain themselves Citybig. They are laced with racism, hatred and bigotry, plain for all to see, and thats not mentioning the ones that the Mods have removed. I draw the line at explaining the obvious im afraid. I hope with all my heart that the United Kingdom continues on they way they have been for the last 1000 years.

"Let the haters hate, they're like way too late!'"

God Bless Our Queen And Country! Love Live Royal Britannia!

I give up with you. You have skirted around pointing out the posts, because you know that the only reason why you keep calling racism is because you have nothing else to use, and you are in denial of the fact that the UK is comming to an end.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Citybig we both know that the Mods deleted/removed most of your racist/anti handicapable rants(Like that never happend to you before, LoL). What do you think im silly enough to post them again just so we can all chuckle at what a muppet you are? The Mods removed them for a reason, MANNERS & DECORUM, something you sadly lack i may add!

And yes please give up on me, sounds about right to me. Shall we have a pop quiz again? Who here thinks Citybig should modify his/her attitude or give up on ATS?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Leaving aside Citybig's bizarre rants (he seems to think Wales is a foreign country, not part of Britain (!!!) and that anyone in Wales is Welsh regardless of nationality

..... my friend John (English, but living in Machynlleth) has now posted up the first part of his report:

www.geologywales.co.uk...

It's very detailed and well worth reading

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Citybig your lack of responses to my post has me most downhearted. I was looking forwards to a battle of wits with you. By the way speaking of wits is your real name Terry?

You should be praying that the union stays together if anything. What would england do with out the Scottish oil revenue, and in years to come while we have plenty of water in wales and England has none im sure you would be gratefull of a few gallons.

If it ever comes to that please feel free to come ask because iim sure that will with a smug grin on their faces the people of wales will have the great delight in telling you to foxtrot oscar.

I was once a proud englishman but sadly the attitudes and out look of Englishmen like you makes me want to hang my head in shame. And as the father of a handicapped daughter please feel feee to come discuss your views with me in person at any time I would be only to happy to help you adjust your attitude

Peace out muppet

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

why do you really hate wales?
is it just the taxes because last i checked we pay taxes too, and all that money goes directly to england.

last year the EDL (English Defence League) was supposed to be in newport with their bull#e, didn't stay long, infact i beleive they just got back on the train and buggered off .
we dont tollerate hatred and racism here.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsrreal
You should be praying that the union stays together if anything. What would england do with out the Scottish oil revenue, and in years to come while we have plenty of water in wales and England has none im sure you would be gratefull of a few gallons.

Let's not sink to his level and start bandying around untruths peddled by other small minded nationalists.

Scotland is not Kuwait, Oil revenue to the Exchequer + tax generated in Scotland is actually less than the money sent to the Scottish Executive from London. Briefly, years ago, we did make a technical surplus, but don't forget it was UK Government money (so English, Welsh and Scottish) that helped develop the fields. Also, going on current border delineation convention, between 30-50% of the fields would remain in "English" waters and a good chunk are in the Shetlands area, who do not subscribe to the SNP's mantra.

England has plenty of water, it is the South East that went dry and it is rather costly to pipe water from one point to the other, be it Wales, the North or West of England. It's also worth noting that if the Water companies fixed the leaks in the mains, instead of funnelling money to their shareholders, there would be plenty of water. Thames Water loses almost as much water in leaks as it needs to supply the region it serves.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Looking at the latest model output, Citybig will be pleased to hear that tomorrow and Tuesday the British emergency services could well be occupied rescuing Welshmen (and Scotmen, Germans, Pakistanis and Jews) trapped by Flash flooding in London .....

(Seriously, the London area, as well as Sussex and Surrey, and maybe other parts of the Home Counties, could well see some very serious localised flooding later tomorrow)
edit on 10-6-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Nature trying to get rid of what is doesn't need on the planet...we shouldn't be sending help, we should be assisting nature by sending more water.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AsuspiciousMANappears

This should be good, please elaborate?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Now this comment, I have to say I totally disagree with. It is not right to advocate the deaths of anyone.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

Now this comment, I have to say I totally disagree with. It is not right to advocate the deaths of anyone.

AsuspiciousMANappears's comment, not Andy06shake's comment.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Who said they wanted a dam breach?

A village in Gwynedd is being evacuated over concerns about a flood risk at a reservoir's dam.

Police want to move 600 people from Pennal to a leisure centre after concerns of a slight breach.

North Wales Police said it was a precautionary measure.

www.bbc.co.uk...

(although to be fair, it's a very small dam that doesn't even appear on the map!)
edit on 10-6-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Who are you to disagree with me agreeing with nature. The Earth is many times more important than me or you as its a school for our learning. If it wants rid of us, the it has that right. We will just go back to our soul group, no biggie.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
its unbelievable how this thread descended into a war of words between english and welsh.

for my two pence worth: whatever u do, never listen to an englishmans opinion of wales. they make out we have this big old grudge with them but they never stop abusing us lol. they also make fun of americans for being so patriotic and insular, yet they believe england to be the centre of the earth.

citybig, i pay the same taxes as u, so that means when something happens in england that needs my tax, i pay it, just as i would anywhere else in the uk. the amount of taxpayers money thrown at london recently is just crazy, but that doesnt get mentioned.

whether u like it or not, your great english nation is basically a conquered country and the queen (shes british not english btw, whether we like or not) does have a german ancestory. more scot and welsh people combined fight for our forces than england. im sure theres more
but ill leave u with, it took the romans 20 years to conquer england; they couldnt conquer scotland and eventually coexisted with the celts in wales after 200 years.

back on topic. the reason this has happened is because thanks to government cuts to public services, the rivers etc dont get maintained anymore, thats from a local (not me).

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join