It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The similarities between Reagan and Romney are uncanny.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Did any of you even watch the debates this year??

I suggest going back and watching them all and actually listening to what Romney is saying.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
So...you're not going to believe what romney is claiming but we're supposed to believe what you are claiming because.....

Actually I do believe what he is saying on most things he says. For instance, when Romney says

To ensure that America remains safe and maintains its role as a defender of freedom, we also need to increase our defense spending to at least 4% of our GDP per year, including substantial and increasing support for missile defense. Under Pres. Obama, our defense spending will decline as a share of our economy and of the federal budget. And it will fall far below what is required to meet our global commitments.

I believe him. I believe he will increase our defense spending who has absolutely nothing to do with "defense" of this country. Need a source for that? Ok.

Source

It is in his book. Of course you don't need his book, cause he said the same thing back in 2008 in his speech at the 2008 Conservative Political Action Conference.

To battle the threat of radical Jihadists, we have sent the most courageous and brave soldiers in the world. But their numbers have been depleted by the Clinton years when troops were reduced by 500,000, when 80 ships were retired from the Navy, and when our human intelligence was slashed by 25%. We were told that we were getting a peace dividend. We got the dividend, but we didn’t get the peace. In the face of evil in radical Jihad and given the inevitable military ambitions of China, we must act to rebuild our military might--raise military spending to 4% of our GDP, purchase the most modern armament, re-shape our fighting forces for the asymmetric demands we now face, and give the veterans the care they deserve.

Of course this won't increase spending or debt. So let me get back to those debates so I can find sources for you

new topics

<< 1   >>

join