It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The similarities between Reagan and Romney are uncanny.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
There is very noticeable similarities I see between the Reagan campaign of 1980 and the Romney campaign this year. I also see some significant differences, but let’s start with the similarities.

1. Reagan ran in the 1976 GOP primaries but failed to gain the nomination, coming in second.
2. Romney ran in 2008 GOP primaries but failed to gain the nomination, coming in second.

1. Reagan was the former governor of a liberal leaning state, California.
2. Romney was the former the governor of a liberal leaning state Massachusetts.

1. Reagan ran against incumbent democratic president, Jimmy Carter, who was seeking a second term.
2. Romney will be running against incumbent democratic president, Barack Obama, who will also be seeking a second term.

The climate surrounding both election years are similar, the 1980 general elections were focused primarily on economic conditions, similar to 2012. Although 2008 was the same case.

Did I mention that both Romney and Reagan look alike?

Is that you pa??

The differences between Reagan and Romney? Well Romney certainly lacks the enthusiastic support in the GOP that Reagan enjoyed.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Reagan's vice presidential pick in 1980 will also give us a good clue into who Romney may pick to be on the ticket this year. Reagan chose George H. Bush, who also ran in the GOP primaries and came second behind Reagan to be vice president. Now I don't see Romney picking Santorum or Gingrich as they don't offer much to the ticket as George did to Reagan in 1980, however, there is Ron Paul. I already made a thread concerning Ron Paul being on the ticket with Romney. Something to think about once again. The past may give us good clues about the future.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
You're absolutely right, and I will add even some more similarities between the two of them to prove your point.
They are both male
They both have two legs
They both have two arms
They both went to school
They both have families
They both are republicans
They both have hair
They both have eyes

The list goes on and on, and as we can see, the similarities far outweigh the differences. Therefore, it's safe to say we will be safe with Romney because he is much like Raegan.
edit on 6/9/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Reagan was popular....

Mitt Romney isn't....

I've never even met a Romney supporter, or a fan, a booster...or anyone who even says that they like him at all

You won't even have one Romney supporter reply to this thread....because they don't exist

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
Therefore, it's safe to say we will be safe with Romney because he is much like Raegan.

Oh come on now Bl4ke... We all know that I didn't say that.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The similarities between Reagan and Romney are uncanny

Any similarities will end on election day when Obama is re-elected.
Reagan was good in front of the camera. Romney is a card board cutout.
Reagan carried California. Romney won't carry Massachusetts.
California was better under Reagan. Massachusetts didn't thrive under Romney.
Honestly .. I'm not seeing that Romney is much like Reagan.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Presumably it was Reagan's acting career (or some other personal quality or skill) that made him so popular. I hated his politics but he was always "fun" to watch on the news. I'm a Brit and when I was young it was all about "Maggie and Ronnie" in the UK news. As if there was some kind of romance going on.

He was not your typical Yale/Wall Street type, a little closer possibly to the common man and seemed quite relaxed and in some ways, possibly even humble.

These are all things Mitt doesn't have. No charisma, no personality, almost no soul. He's just a mover and a shaker, a money taker, a faker.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
oh my!!!!!!
Mitt cannot fill Ronnies shoes, even a toe nail. To the hoax bin. What a misleading title!
That is so disengenuous to make a statement like that!
uhhh, wow!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
They both are/were actors.........I dont remember Reagan lying so much and having womens intuition like Romney...Reagandidnt talk about stupid stuff like size of trees ,cars and grits............I dont see it...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
You're absolutely right, and I will add even some more similarities between the two of them to prove your point.
They are both male
They both have two legs
They both have two arms
They both went to school
They both have families
They both are republicans
They both have hair
They both have eyes

The list goes on and on, and as we can see, the similarities far outweigh the differences. Therefore, it's safe to say we will be safe with Romney because he is much like Raegan.
edit on 6/9/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

And,

they both have legitimate family histories and birth certificates !!

and they were both born.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
WE all know that Romney is not a good pick for president. His policies and views contradict the American ideals that the country was founded on and that rich dumb pricks like that will drive this country into the ground while making the rich richer off the blood of the innocent.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I remember Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan was a president of mine. Mitt Romney sir, is no Ronald Reagan.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Let me add some more similarities to this thread. I made a thread about this awhile ago.

Mitt Romney is conservative
Mitt Romney is an outsider.
Mitt Romney is not darling of the Republican establishment
Mitt Romney doesn’t scare moderates or independents.
Mitt Romney is a nice guy
Mitt Romney does not look like any of the other republicans we have had in the primary.

Rick Santorum= Preacher
Bauchman= witch
Ron Paul= Grandpa
Herman Cain= Black
Rick Perry = George Bush
Jon Huntsman= Mitt Romney

Mitt Romney can be down to earth and explain his message clearly

More details in this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes I support Romney

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Reagan was popular....

Mitt Romney isn't....

I've never even met a Romney supporter, or a fan, a booster...or anyone who even says that they like him at all

You won't even have one Romney supporter reply to this thread....because they don't exist

You've been debunked, I've been a Romney supporter since he was Gov. of MA. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This OP should be ashamed of himself for cherry picking facts to even make an attempt of passing Ronald Reagan off as being anything remotely similar to Mitt Romney. Let's look at REAL facts.

The 1980 presidential campaign between Reagan and incumbent President Jimmy Carter was conducted during domestic concerns and the ongoing Iran hostage crisis. His campaign stressed some of his fundamental principles: lower taxes to stimulate the economy,[93] less government interference in people's lives,[94] states' rights,[95] a strong national defense,[94] and restoring the U.S. Dollar to a gold standard.[96][97]

Romney's platform is nothing close to this. He wants MORE Government interference in every aspect of the Political spectrum. This OP might as well made a thread about how both Reagan and Romney have hair, breathe air, were born to a mother and a father.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Romney's platform is nothing close to this. He wants MORE Government interference in every aspect of the Political spectrum.

While we may say that Romney's administration will not change anything, his campaign is based on smaller government and more states rights, much like Reagan:

Smaller smarter simpler government

www.mittromney.com...

And Reagan's administration didn't follow on conservative principals. Reagan nearly tripled the debt that Carter left of over his two term administration. He also had nothing to do with the Iranian hostage crises, it just happen to end within the first hour he came into office. Negotiations for the hostages release occured well before he assumed office. Reagan was an actor, Romney apparently isn't a good one.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Romney can call it whatever he wants. I listen to his actual plans, no the lip service. He wants to increase teh size and scope of various agencies... there is nothing "smaller" about that!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Proof?

I have no idea what you are referring too and I have been supporting him for years..

Some proof of what you are saying would be appropriate I think

Semper

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

You've been debunked, I've been a Romney supporter since he was Gov. of MA. Sorry.

I too voted for Romney in the 2008 Primaries. He didn't win the nomination then, McCain won and I didn't vote in the general election cause I saw right through Obama and I didn't like McCain.

Glad to see more Romney supporters coming out!
edit on 10-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Romney can call it whatever he wants. I listen to his actual plans, no the lip service. He wants to increase teh size and scope of various agencies... there is nothing "smaller" about that!

So...you're not going to believe what romney is claiming but we're supposed to believe what you are claiming because.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join