It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't God and Evolution co-exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'm not a religious person, I consider myself more of a spiritual person, in fact, I think we ALL are spiritual beings. Since I'm not religious, I don't believe in the God of any book, I believe in what I like to call "The God of the Universe". When I look at the world, the universe, everything seems simply too perfect to be here be accident. What I mean is that all the forces of nature, like electromagnetism and gravity for example, are in perfect harmony together. It's as if somebody designed all of this to be like that. Who that was, I do not know, and nobody does. It could be a higher entity (a "God"), or even a highly evolved extraterrestrial / extradimensional super-civilization that designed and created the universe.

I think the age-old question of Creationism vs Evolution should be be put to rest. Whoever was responsible for creating the cosmos, could be called the "Creator", and all the laws of physics that they designed to be in this universe, are what CAUSE evolution! Let's say the "Creator" kicked it all off. He/she/they designed the laws of physics and the evolution that followed (forming of stars, planets, galaxies, even life) is nothing but an extension of the "grand design"! Why do people, in this day and age, still fight over Creationism vs Evolution??? I have no clue.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think they can. Doesn't mean they do, but I think they can.

I think God definately got the ball rolling, but whether it rolled as evolution, or was an actual 7 days or something in between I am not sure.

And I am a Southern Baptist (the above is getting to be pretty rare for baptists. Most are going hard core for the litteral 7 days).

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Why, why, why do you insist (Mr. Anderson)? Who gives a crap? Let it be. Believe something and then let it go.

Did you ever see a hearse pulling behind it a U-Haul? Meet your own maker or yourself on your own accord.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
God can coexist with evolution. Some religions might not survive the problems evolution puts forth, but the belief in God will never met it's end.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Of course they can co-exist. The only thing that can't co-exist with evolution is a literal interpretation of Genesis 1.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I completely agree, this is my exact viewpoint on the subject. It is my belief that some other entity(ies) created this universe by design via The Big Bang, and evolution is all part of the beautifully design. In saying that I will say that I'm not tied down to this belief, it's simply what I judge to be most likely based on what I know.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Check out a great book called The Science of God. It does a great job of explaining a possibility of coexistence.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
They can theoretically speaking. However, Evolution and Christianity can't exist due to the creation of man fairy tale. This is why all Christians that I've spoken to refuse to look facts in the face, evolution would prove a large part of their belief system to be a lie, which would mean the whole thing could very well be a lie. Most people do not understand Evolution properly either, they don't understand how it actually works which I think contributes to this.

As we become wiser as a race this will die out and Evolution will be more widely accepted.
edit on 9-6-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Because evolution has not ever been proven it's still just a theory. Here's what one professor has to say about the matter. Originally he was an atheist but when he actually began to look at the evidence, the evidence supported God as opposed to just a random bunch of sh*t happening.

What i say? What started the "Big Bang"? Extra Supermassive blackholes do not just up and decide to spew out all the matter in the universe, gravity doesn't work that way.

Here's a hint "let there be light".

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Because evolution has not ever been proven it's still just a theory.

Depends on how much you don't want to accept it. To most people it has been proven, but not to the point where it's undeniable. Your beliefs rely solely on faith, in other words blindly believing a book.

when he actually began to look at the evidence, the evidence supported God as opposed to just a random bunch of sh*t happening.

Two things.

1) There is NO evidence to support the existence of a creator. You cannot show me any.

2) Evolution isn't a "random bunch of sh*t happening.". You clearly do not understand it properly if that's your opinion, it makes perfect sense and the evidence is there to support it.

Extra Supermassive blackholes do not just up and decide to spew out all the matter in the universe, gravity doesn't work that way.

Oh? Well I'm glad you figured that out professor, not even the top scientists in the field fully understand either of those things yet, good work.

Here's a hint "let there be light".

Here's a hint: "The spread of beneficial mutations through offspring".
edit on 9-6-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
As a Christian I have no difficulty in combining the two.
"The Bible says God made the human race. Perhaps this is how he did it".
(I'm also used to thinking of things in terms of historical development, which helps)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
God and evolution do co-exist, it's just that man hasn't bothered to stop trying to disprove God to accept the fact that the universe itself doesn't come out of nothing but coincidence. Once science accepts the idea of a creator (which even Einstein states was a must. There's just no way guys. It's too engineered, too perfect to be chance) then we can start unlocking the real secrets of how things work.

He didn't ask for blind faith. Hell, he asked us to question, it's part of who we are. He knows that, He wants that. But to simply try to remove him from the equation is where you start getting unanswerable questions. Because while there is always an answer, sometimes that answer is divine intervention. This is what science refuses to accept. But it's not magic. He plays by the rules He set. There are literal physical explanations for everything. But the structure of that design comes from a divine creator.

The big bang is the ultimate proof. Energy is infinite. It didn't just get bored one day and explode and create the universe, it took a catalyst. And since there was nothing outside of it, and nothing but it, the only explanation that it would decide to promote to anything more would be by interference. To suggest that the universe simply came into being is a stretch of faith that makes that previous statement look logical, right?

I suggest God did it. You suggest an energy force smaller than an atom just all the sudden turned into an infinite cosmos. Maybe we're both crazy, but atleast I got a reason behind my crazy. God said "Let there be light" and the stars were formed. Light and darkness separated. That makes a whole lot more sense to me than "well, it just all the sudden blew up. You know, and infinitely small mass all the sudden becomes an infinitely large mass, even though, no time was relevant until after the fact." Yeah...that's way more logical, you win "God doesn't exist and created the universe" guy. You win. I hope to my false God that no subatomic particles (which arn't even near as small as the original universe was before the "Big Bang" was) in this existence get bored and blow up into their own universes either...because, well, that would suck (looking at you super colliders. I kid I kid.).

Enjoy that rant? I know I did.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TopsyCret

Who that was, I do not know

Maybe it isn't even a question of who, but what?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

And it shouldn't. What or who ever created this existence, was pretty amazing whether anyone likes it or not.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

1) There is NO evidence to support the existence of a creator. You cannot show me any.

No I can't show you any, but when i think about myself being alive and not creating the universe, I assume that something existed a long time ago that did and just because it didn't have 10 toes and 10 fingers does not mean anything.

The proof is all around you. Whether it was a chemical reaction, an immortal being that just plays hide and seek pretty well, or even something else, something created this existence and that is enough for me.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by SpearMint

No I can't show you any, but when i think about myself being alive and not creating the universe, I assume that something existed a long time ago that did and just because it didn't have 10 toes and 10 fingers does not mean anything.

The proof is all around you. Whether it was a chemical reaction, an immortal being that just plays hide and seek pretty well, or even something else, something created this existence and that is enough for me.

You could use that as "proof" for evolution. It does not prove anything. You've made an observation and connected it to a theory based on nothing.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TopsyCret

God the intelligent designer of the universe can co-exist with evolution. The evolution that is supported by empirical evidence though is only micro-evolutionary forms. There is no evidence of macro-evolution between species despite what kind of micro extrapolations scientist try to make, they can not prove it empirically. The lack of 'transitionary species' is overwhelming!

Therefore, commonly understood evolutionary theory of progression from simple to complex organism is false. All phylum were fully developed at the Cambrian explosion which Darwinian evolutionary theory can not explain or refute. Such fully developed species can only be explained as intelligent design. The only place for evolution in the world is micro-evolution which is a de-evolutionary process making species less complex with less genetic diversity.

Even the big Athiest Richard Darkins admits to the need for an Intelligent Designer for the 'origins of life' (even the origins of any supposed ETs too)

edit on 9-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Of course they can co-exist. The only thing that can't co-exist with evolution is a literal interpretation of Genesis 1.

And human ego that some people know better than god what really happened because the wrote a book where it says it happened.

edit on 9-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Inside a human there is small bacteria that lives their whole existance without understanding the human they live in. Inside god there is small galaxies flowing his big void that are changing. I know many people belive god and the creation is separate. But from my view everything is just ONE/GOD. You cannot see the whole when you are on the inside of the whole. I might be small part fo the whole but I know what I AM.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

This view is called pantheistic luciferian nature worship where veneration is taken away from the rightful creator and nature and ones own self is given glory as divine. The first lie in Eden, 'you will be like gods'

Ones own self does not have the power to overcome death I am afraid. We are not an 'I AM'.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join