It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Within the ufo wilderness of smoke and mirrors.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So, I've been following ufology for years. I'm no scholar, I'm no college graduate, I wont use fancy referencing, just call it as I (now) see it. I am wondering how much of ufology has been a manipulation. Granted, I myself had sightings, pretty awesome ones, long ago. But I've been learning disturbing facts, like for example, the "abductee" Hills were friendly with an AF Intel guy, Maj MacDonald, before the incident, and after the incident, were visited by some men later connected to the JFK assassination Zapruder film, (obtaining it) one of these, Charles Douglas Jackson, who worked with psychological warfare for CIA. NICAP garnered Agency -psyops- guys as well, for it's Board membership. The early CIA days, with their Psychological Warfare and MK Ultra experiments. Keyhoe wasn't of clean hands there, either. Our early Disclosure hero.
It could be that some alien ufo space ship crafts........have been, are, buzzing around here.
But it is written that 'contactees' George Adamski and Howard Menger were 'run' officially. I've been aware of a number of former Intel people in Ufology. We who are ufo-history knowledgeable, know about the crazy 1980's. Moore, Doty, MJ 12, Lear, Cooper, Lazar, etc. Back in the early-to-mid 1990's, Laurence Rockefeller hosted Ufologists, planetary scientists, and Dick Cheney and Hillary Clinton, to meetings about ufos. And there were the "Aviary" spooks and the CIA "weird desk".
I am aware of the 'Project Oxcart' psyop, even the Discovery Channel did a show about some of that.
I've been recently re reading some of Ufologist/researcher Martin Cannon's old mind-control theories and discoveries in relation to this field, (also Adam Gorightly) (and the late Todd Zechel's) (and more currently Joe Montaldo, re. the 'MILABS' .)

To those of you fellow buffs of whom much of that is familiar, how much do you think it figures into the ufo phenomenon? Where people in society, and Ufologists, (The ufo-government-coverup Disclosure activists and authors) even, make their stand on the subject. I read somewhere recently, that Jacques Vallee was concerned about this ufo wilderness of smoke and mirrors, as well. The officially sanctioned aspect.

What did I see back in the late '70's? Why should something round or even with a dome and further, be a alien space ship? I mean, I guess it could be, but why? And abductees with hard evidence. Who did that abducting
........truly?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The the first casuality of war is the truth and this is how I percieve much of what is going on with these topics. When seeing how much diversity there is on this planet, it makes perfect sense for such diversity to continue out through space. As such we are left with a very complex and clouded situation of just what exactly is going on. To make matters more mind boggeling, topics of the occult and metaphysics also appear to be wrapped up and closley associated with things like mind control, soul transplants, genetics, war, physics and an understanding life in general all part of the mess.

For anyone interesting in venturing into this world of confusion, contradiction and spin I do like the 'Allies of Humanity' approch in which it is very rare to get something for nothing and provides a good, carful heads up with the rocky road ahead.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

One thing is for sure, as far as discovering the real truth, Ufology hasn't advanced very much in the last few years, it's all just theories, however, it's also like, some folks just don't want the truth to be revealed

If the whole alien thing, as rumoured to be, is a creation of the C.I.A./F.B.I./N.S.A. etc., in order to cover something else up, then I still wanna know what these evil hounds of hell are hiding.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I think there’s a huge amount of stage management going on; big stakes and big forces at play. It’s easy to lose sight of it all and some UFO researchers think they’ll ‘crack the case.’

They won’t.

The best they can do is convince themselves that *something* is going on.

As such we are left with a very complex and clouded situation of just what exactly is going on.

Home run, Kwaka.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
i believe we focus on the sightings themselves when we should be focusing on other things.

All we do is constant debates whether it was or not a ufo and if a video is legit or not.

Instead we should focus on the cases that have the most data and are rarely spoken of.

AND the ufo abductions which have scant data as opposed to ufo sightings.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
One question I always ask people is: why don't our cosmic visitors either land and say hello, or just watch us innocuously from a distance

They must understand that their actions are causing fear and anxiety among people who struggle every day for survival compared with the supreme affluence of such an advanced extra-terrestrial civilisation

This conundrum is the principal reason I remain not entirely convinced of the ET hypothesis

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

It's a complex subject riddled with outright hoaxes, false positive misidentified sightings of known phenomenon, as well as sympathetic sensitivity to collective unconscious and media influence, plus sightings and experiences we've yet to explain effectively.

It's a case by case thing. As member Kadinsky stated, it really amounts to "something" going on, but, whether that "something" is one thing, or many different things with some terrestrial in origin, and others maybe not, is the very something we don't know, regardless the word of mouth claims by anyone claiming contact or interaction.

It could all very well be smoke and mirrors for terrestrial secret aircraft projects.
It could all very well be hype.
It could, all very well be that, and then some, plus more, in several directions, were all the answers, guesses, and hypotheses are true some of the time depending on each case.

The more possibilities there are for answers we have, the more possibilities for some if not many being true. Trying to identify which ones are what and which, is all part of the fun.

Until we know with hard confirmation in the public forum what an actual alien spacecraft looks like, however, even if something witnessed is indeed such, we can't really by any means with real confidence say if anything is of any sort of alien origin.
All we can logically say in such cases is, it's not anything we have identification for, or familiarity with in regard to origin or ownership.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by quantumfluctuation

One of the more common reasons is due to what has been known as the 'Truth Embargo'. As for who or what actually implemented it is hard to say. Some theories point at a greater galatic council and it is part of a quarantine, fears of ecological health and all round anarchy as thousands of different intergalatic species start intermingling with life here on Earth are common. The outbreaks of crown of thorns starfish at all major shipping ports due to bilge water transfers is just one of many ecological threats currently underway with global trade. The risks of inadvertant invasion from intergalatic trade from some unknown bug or species is high.

But as with embargos here on Earth, there are some bending and breaking of the terms at times as other intrests and issue take shape. With the topic of ET's and UFO's high up on the military classifyed system, is does inhibit an all round general public acceptance and knowledge of the situation.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
i believe we focus on the sightings themselves when we should be focusing on other things.

All we do is constant debates whether it was or not a ufo and if a video is legit or not.

Instead we should focus on the cases that have the most data and are rarely spoken of.

AND the ufo abductions which have scant data as opposed to ufo sightings.

This is a great point, this post, and everyone had something sensible to say as well.

By-the-way, I knew a Ufologist who was friendly with Liechtensteins of Germany, and they are some of those Elite much wrote of here on ATS. Here is a very good thread which tells more about them.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Rockefellers and Liechtensteins, chasing the flying saucers. I don't know what that means exactly, but I doubt it's entirely wide-eyed interest.
I wonder if public focus is being deliberately influenced (by who?) to look toward YouTube videos. I mean, talk about a wilderness of smoke and mirrors. There's so much CGI, that it is one situation where I can say the baby should be thrown out with the bath water.

That is something Vallee would approve.

I came across this link only yesterday, via a more skeptical (to say the least) chat forum and blogsite. This is an interview with one Richard Dolan, (Mr. Sci-Fi Investigates/ghost hunter) from something called Reality Sandwich. www.realitysandwich.com...

If these ETs are visiting the earth, what is their purpose and function here?

We may have a very large contingent of ETs that are here among us. Probably because we are about to jump into their world, we have drawn a ton of attention to ourselves. Some of these ET groups are benevolent, some are formidable, and some are not well-disposed to us. They are coming here right now because this is where the action is.

Ahem. Granted,......I suppose those scenarios could be true. But when I know how educated R.D. is, (Oxford, Rhodes Scholar candidate, Alfred U. (I read Michael Schuyler's tinfoil hat article which boils RD's creds down to school teacher, though) still, did he not learn any heeding to the importance of logic, not jumping the gun? I mean, he must have. No? But I can't be sure, I barely made it out of high school. Well RD --embarrasses-- me for this subject. His appearance, aggressiveness, articulateness, make him a great salesman. Women and non intellectuals become utterly star struck. (..facebook..) Let me put my own tinfoil hat on first, before I say, I wonder if thats far more on purpose, than initially appears. (?)

edit on 9-6-2012 by Saucerwench because: edit

new topics

top topics

join