It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul, Don't Destroy Yourself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

And don't destroy the liberty movement you helped build either. That goes double for the junior senator Rand Paul: you can't win by joining the "lesser of two evils," because it is still a submission to evil. The Paul family's grassroots supporters are pleading with them to reverse the betrayal and turn back before a 30 year campaign to revitalize the Constitution and save the Republic is heavily damaged.

I know this will be posted either now or later, because their are a lot of AJ fans around these here parts. I just want to say, IMO, Alex Jones is over-reacting on this one. I do understand what he is saying (although he had to mention his sales will be affected lol), but Rand is his own man and with that his own choosing to support his Party (after making it clear, his father is and always will be #1)

I bet once Rand gets a VP spot, there will be a shift in thought (He needs Rand to win, 100% guaruntee, and it's too late to ask Ron. Maybe if he dropped out 6 months ago)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm sure it does no good to say I'm sorry and I sympathize with you. The level of hurt and disappointment expressed in several threads breaks my heart. The time for analysis and getting restarted is down the road a ways. Right now I feel as though I watching ATS members going to a funeral.

I wish you well, I'm sure you'll manage somehow.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think Rands strategy is to play the game a little to try and not alienate the establishment GOP so much. However I have seen others do this in state politics and it never works. They end up compromising so much that they lose themselves in the game and lose their support so they then just become part of the machine and figure might as well get on the gravy train since my base abandoned me.

Sad to see Rand take this tact...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's not just Rand doing something Randish which he was semi famous for, it was Rand's endorsement following Ron Paul's demoralizing email which many could not even believe was written by Ron Paul. I think the combination makes it seem like Ron is halfway agreeing with Rand. Not completely, but by downplaying the number of delegates and essentially telling people to wait four more years, people feel as though Ron did quit though he did not say so in so many words. It would be great f he proves all the doubters wrong by somehow restoring the county but it is looking more grim. They think they are playing some kind of strategy but it is demoralizing to his support base.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Now is not the time to allow instinct reactions to this news cloud your judgement. We need to hold back and watch carefully the moves being made. If ultimately this results in an influential cabinet position then we could possibly consider this a victory and in hindsight a good move. As stated in the video however, there have been people speaking to this very collusion between political families for months now, which is both troubling and suspicious

Still, the ball is Dr. Paul's court to come out with a statement one way or the other, though I feel we may have to wait until the RNC to hear it.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
maybe he was just cleaning house,,
now its interesting,,its like the civil war ,,father against son,, for what they believe in,,
only no one gets shot,,, hey its not THE CIVIL WAR,,
just a re-enactment,,,

i love hollywood,,

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

No doubt that Rand consulted with his father on this. So long as you wear the party badge, you play by the party rules. This is what Paul supporters fail to understand. I'm really beginning to wonder whether Ron Paul will eventually endorse Romney, because I'm fairly certain Romney would ask for this.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

No doubt that Rand consulted with his father on this. So long as you where the party badge, you play by the party rules. This is what Paul supporters fail to understand. I'm really beginning to wonder whether Ron Paul will eventually endorse Romney, because I'm fairly certain Romney would ask for this.

"NUTZ"

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I could care less what Rand Paul does or days. My support is for his father and what he has stood for year after year.

I will support Ron Paul in a 3rd party run or whatever he decides to do. If he drops out I will take the kids out for ice cream on election day and forget about voting at all.

No longer will I support the lesser of two evils for the sake of party. They can keep Romney.....I'll do something better with my time!
edit on 9-6-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

No doubt that Rand consulted with his father on this. So long as you wear the party badge, you play by the party rules. This is what Paul supporters fail to understand. I'm really beginning to wonder whether Ron Paul will eventually endorse Romney, because I'm fairly certain Romney would ask for this.

It would be pretty damaging if Ron Paul endorses Romney after the nomination. But what if Rand Paul is trying to get a VP spot on Romney, while Ron Paul is going for hail mary at convention, - increase odds of getting one Paul in the Whitehouse right? lol

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Not doubt? Not even a little?

Why couldn't you come to the conclusion that Rand asked his father for his advice and his father simply let him (a grown man) make his own decisions?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I for one am furious about reading Rand Paul's endorsement of Romney. It is a slap in the face to the Paul family supporters. I must say, that is one of the best short video's of Alex Jones out there, love him or hate him. The message Alex says is spot on, I highly recommend everyone watch it even if you aren't a fan of Alex. The Paul's are on their way to self destruction over this and it is about to blow up on them. It is appearing more and more likely, that in fact, the Paul's were working in collusion with Romney all along. It sucks coming to this realization, because it means Ron was probably duped into not going after Romney long ago in the debates. It could have helped bring Romney down like the rest Ron helped bring down with his aggressive truth ads. They don't have long to make this right. I might just say to hell with voting anymore, what's the point when you have no choice and the game is rigged? When the incorruptible become corrupted, we are in big trouble folks.

"When peaceful revolution becomes impossible, violent revolution becomes inevitable"-JFK
edit on 9-6-2012 by Merlin Lawndart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
It would be pretty damaging if Ron Paul endorses Romney after the nomination. But what if Rand Paul is trying to get a VP spot on Romney, while Ron Paul is going for hail mary at convention, - increase odds of getting one Paul in the Whitehouse right? lol

I wouldn't say so. Rand Paul is getting close to the Romney campaign for a reason, he wants in. The entire purpose of his endorsement must be on the basis that enough of his fathers supporters (and his father) would be motivated to follow suit, otherwise what was the point of Rand Paul's endorse? Romney doesn't need to lift a finger for Kentucky. If Ron Paul and his supporters do anything to jeapordize Romney's chances at the convention, then the value of Rand Paul's endrosement and support goes right down. Rand Paul is banking on cooperation from Paul supporters, this is why he stated on the previous interview that he and his father are bringing enthusiasm back into the GOP.

As for Ron Paul's chances at the convention, it's very very low. He won't do anything to destroy his son's future either.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

Rand Paul is banking on cooperation from Paul supporters, this is why he stated on the previous interview that he and his father are bringing enthusiasm back into the GOP.

As for Ron Paul's chances at the convention, it's very very low. He won't do anything to destroy his son's future either.

He's also stated from a personal level why his support is for Romney - Family. on the other hand - it is playing politics obviously.
edit on 9-6-2012 by juveous because: was incorrect.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Not doubt? Not even a little?

Why couldn't you come to the conclusion that Rand asked his father for his advice and his father simply let him (a grown man) make his own decisions?

Consulted, not for consent, but just to let him know he was going public.. is all

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Here is another registered Republican that will not support Romney. After seeing a video of a multiple sclerosis sufferer roll up to him in his wheelchair and ask his stance on medical MJ and Romney's outright negative response I'll tell the country's 80% that favor it to just say NO! to Romney and his idea to perpetuate this domestic war on the American people. Obama's stance has been less than sterling on the matter but there has been relatively little interference by the federal government against the states that have passed such laws. There is a difference between these two candidates.

If Paul can endorse this sort of continued domestic war and invasions of privacy into our homes he's not worth the consideration, the time, or effort to back him. We have allowed our security, rights, and privacies to be surrendered to these domestic terrorists so that the elite can profit as agencies of our own government dump the most dangerous drugs onto our streets - at least going back to the Reagan years - in order to fund foreign wars and regime change contrary to Congress' orders. We see arms sent down to Mexico to the drug cartels in order to foment violence for the purpose of creating a problem so that they can offer their solution of more violence and attacks on personal privacies and also use this as reason to revoke personal home-protection firearms. These are reasons neither of the major party candidates are worth our endorsement.

As Sheepslayer suggests, that Tuesday in November will be Ice Cream Day and not a day to vote and give my consent to continue a war against the people. I would have to vote by absentee ballot but I doubt I will bother even though I could vote Gary Johnson with a fairly clear conscience. I will just continue my self-impose political exile outside the US borders and forget about ever setting foot back in my native home that now has sold itself out so cheaply. It once held so much prestige and promise in the world but now is just a shadow of its former self.

edit on 9-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
UPDATE:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Why do RP supporters care so much about what his son does?

Rand is NOT Ron and will NEVER BE Ron!

So get over it already!

Rand Paul endorsing R$ is not RON Paul endorsing R$!

They are two individuals, not joined together based on their relation!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Webster Tarpley claims Ron Paul supporters are being duped. Interesting alternative view on things.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

EXACTLY how I feel..................

top topics

join