It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yikes! Nuclear Event - North-America - (USA Severe // Nuclear Event)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I just checked the Black Cat site and found this chart for the area we are discussing, #18:

It certainly looks like their graph never stopped and definitely was a huge spike.

I also just checked The Radiation Network which is not providing current data anywhere in the U.S.
Here's their story:
radiationnetwork.com...

Update: 6/7/12, 7:45 A.M: - False Alert: The alert level reading last evening appears to be a false alert from an equipment malfunction. Here is the station's report:

"out of control readings on the GeigerGraph screen from about 11:30pm local time that occurred while sleeping. My apologies to all. I have no idea what caused this. Shut down GeigerGraph and restarted. Readings from the Geiger were in the normal range (the Geiger operates on A/C). All cable connections are tight and not loose. Am speculating between the GFI and USB Adapter and some sort of voltage spikes. The uninterruptable power supply UPS had lost power and had died - a tripped GFI. I am not going to leave the system running while not at home until I can determine and fix the problem."

By the way, a handful of stations on the Radiation Network feed simultaneously to the Black Cat Systems network, which explains why a high reading was showing on their network at the same time. But Black Cat works in uR/hr instead of CPM, so their radiation level was lower because of the conversion factor between units of measurement.

As to the BTW (2nd paragraph) I checked the Black Cat System and found that yes some of their locations are down now, but not all, including the one in question, so I do not buy the on the same feed story. This Black Cat site is not one of those linked. Don't you think he would have specifically stated that this particular one in question was on their feed in effort to do damage control if that was the case? Why is this Black Cat site still working?

Check the different sites by putting your cursor on the site and you will be what I am saying. #18 works fine. The west coast sites are down so I can believe they share feed with The Radiation Network.

Black Cat Stations in USA

Now, I'll see what the news on this might be....

edit on 6/9/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I guess this is relevant to the amount of helicopters flying over my town lately. Nothing ever happened in Michigan until this, huh?
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avalessa
I guess this is relevant to the amount of helicopters flying over my town lately. Nothing ever happened in Michigan until this, huh?
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

Are you near the border of Indiana and Michigan? This started on the 6th. Were the copters around before then?
Whatever caused the spike, hopefully is fixed.

Stay safe.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just in case some of you missed an earlier thread on the massive rad reading;
NUCLEAR RADIATION EVENT in South Bend Indiana USA + Call to NRC Hotline

Looks like there is much more going on than meets the eye..

Hope you're all safe over there..

If not, get out..

I reckon that if they are hiding it, they wont tell you as you'll all leave the area.. work/production will stop.. oh, and you wont get ill and wont need to buy their medication.. so bottom line is, if they hide it, they keep the money moving..

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Wow that's a great thread. Wished I would have seen it last night. I recommend all to post there from here on out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

The Reddit thread has some decent proof, including an alert on Ubalert that was taken down and readings from multiple Geiger counters. What disturbs me is that there seems to be evidence of a cover-up.

At any rate, the latest Reddit postings are saying that this could have been a solar event.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

The Reddit thread has some decent proof, including an alert on Ubalert that was taken down and readings from multiple Geiger counters. What disturbs me is that there seems to be evidence of a cover-up.

At any rate, the latest Reddit postings are saying that this could have been a solar event.

A solar event that showed up only in one small area. Way to go sun, you nailed 'em. Seriously I think you will in enjoy the information here:
I think this is being suppressed.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. I was reading in your link about the spike and their reasoning. It goes on forever. But caught this:

Some viewers of the Radiation Maps on our Network wonder why radiation levels in Japan seem to be lower than those in the US in some instances. For example, of the stations in Japan reporting in real time as I write this, their average readings are about 14 CPM (Counts per Minute), in contrast to some stations in the US showing levels in the 30's and 40's. Well, the explanation of that difference is simple. First of all, our network is fed by readings in CPM because that is what almost all of the contributing detectors send out of their data ports, and as we have stressed many times, not all detectors are equal in the design and size of the sensor, or GM (Geiger-Mueller) tube that they are built around. It just so happens that most of our Japan stations use "standard tubed" Geiger counters, while many stations in America use the ultra-sensitive pancake-tubed detectors, which have about a 3 to 1 higher count rate than standard tubes. So whenever you see readings in the 30 or 40's, it is usually because the station is running a pancake tubed Geiger counter.

Unfortunately, that has led to some understandable confusion...

Emphasis added.

Some confusion? Hardly understandable. Saying that different kinds of detectors detect different Counts Per Minute in different countries is akin to saying different thermometers read temperature differently. Did you get that? Like there are different conventions for how hot is hot. I am not talking about conversion factors between Celsius and Fahrenheit and neither are they. This bold statement does not reflect the difference between the differing equivalences between Sieverts and Rads or Rems, as all are converted to measure the same amount of ionizing radiation decay events (CPM) that read on the display, regardless of the conventions or "size of detection apparatus". Placed side by side they would detect exactly the same counts per minute. Just like a temperature thermometer would regardless of wether it is digital or filed with mercury or a bi metal disk. All these items are calibrated. Especially rad detectors which could mean the difference between life and death if well... skewed.

The reason CPM's are different between Japan and the US is because they either don't understand what they are saying or are lying. Explaining away these differences by this site that detected the "spike" discredits what he also says about his own detection "anomalies". He is relaying "approved" information in my opinion.

Different CPM's in different countries, lol. Of course I may have this wrong and you can point that out to me...
but sounds like politics to me.

Edit: radiationnetwork.com...

edit on 9-6-2012 by intrptr because: Link

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yikes, making a mountain out of a pin hole to coin a phrase.
A pin hole leak that was fixed. A pin hole leak that was discovered while the plant was not "hot". A pin hole leak that released less than a gallon of coolant which was immediatly cleaned up and nothing escaped the facility.
And this needs a thread because you are an alarmest ? A troll ? Bored on a Saturday afternoon ?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Yikes, making a mountain out of a pin hole to coin a phrase.
A pin hole leak that was fixed. A pin hole leak that was discovered while the plant was not "hot". A pin hole leak that released less than a gallon of coolant which was immediatly cleaned up and nothing escaped the facility.
And this needs a thread because you are an alarmest ? A troll ? Bored on a Saturday afternoon ?

Go here for more information.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
All clear on www.ubalert.com...

It is still listed in their history with no new updated information, but it was taken of the main map.

www.ubalert.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by karen61057

My my a bit condescending aren't we?

I suppose you believe what TEPCO is saying about japan too? No meltdowns, not a lot of radiation, nothing to see here move along...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join