It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yikes! Nuclear Event - North-America - (USA Severe // Nuclear Event)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is not my specialty.
Nuclear Event - North America
www.ubalert.com...

Reddit is carrying a hot topic that involves this event.

www.reddit.com...

God Bless.

edited to add that it is listed here as well
www.ubalert.com...
edit on 6/8/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/8/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Doesn't sound too bad. At least they found it before the radiation got out.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
all ready covered here

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is only a few hundred miles from the rumors about high radiation somewhere south of Lake Michigan a couple of days ago. Since then people have been reporting constant distant explosions and military aircraft filling the skies. I saw a report of a hazmat team, too.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Anybody heard the latest from Indiana/Michigan all I can find is Ft.Wayne's radiation meters went crazy a day or so ago afew Unmarked Helicopters and DHS Hazmat team were dispatched the all is quiet...... no news is not good news for me anyone have an update?

Here's a link

______beforeitsnews/story/2237/197/Nuclear_Cover-Up_Explosions,_Military_Helicopters_Filmed_Near_Blacked_Out_Radiation_Zone.html

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
There are two different locations on the maps.
check both links:
www.ubalert.com...
www.ubalert.com...

This shows some earthquakes, but no nuclear hazards
hisz.rsoe.hu...

My son just told me that a guy at work said this is getting talked about in other countries and they report flashes of light, explosions and earthquake. What is the deal. News suppression or propaganda?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkej23

Anybody heard the latest from Indiana/Michigan all I can find is Ft.Wayne's radiation meters went crazy a day or so ago afew Unmarked Helicopters and DHS Hazmat team were dispatched the all is quiet...... no news is not good news for me anyone have an update?

Here's a link

______beforeitsnews/story/2237/197/Nuclear_Cover-Up_Explosions,_Military_Helicopters_Filmed_Near_Blacked_Out_Radiation_Zone.html

The northwest Indiana reading was confirmed to be a equipment malfunction. As to this event it doesn't sound to bad but just goes to show that these aging reactors are starting to break down. Thankfully the NRC is granting them another 30 year extension license to run.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

YEAHHHH 30 more years!!!!! WON'T BREAK AGAIN WE PROMISE :Iol

You know I'm GLAD thats the story, I worry about all the nuke crap we're being exposed to in the past thirty years. I HOPE its not a cover up, but I know we'll never find the TRUE story.

Thanks for the info again and be safe!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I live about 15 miles from that plant. it's been having problems of and on for a while. This one seems to be a non issue, something they caught just upon a restart, but it's getting me to thinking about the future of this thing.

Nuclear energy seems awesome till it screws up, then it's freakin' terrifying as hell. Is it really worth the risks in the long run?

A few years ago I was working on a bridge job here in Toledo, (I-280) and my boss comes up to me and asks if I can talk to a guy whos dying wish is to see this bridge being built. I do it, and the dude is brought up to the bridge deck in an ambulance and is wheeled out on a gurney bed on wheels. He asks a lot of really good questions about the job, I answer as best I can, we talk, he's a smart decent dude. I genuinely enjoyed my time talking to him. It turns out he worked at davis besse as an engineer his whole career. He died a few days later of some cancer I forget the detailes of. He was in his fifties, sure it c ould have been natural in nature, but I have allways thought it was because of his job.

This might not have to do much with your thread, but it's what I think of when I think of davis besse.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

That is what they Always say.
It is standard operating procedure along with Governmental, Industrial,
and Media support. An automatic coopererative response.
Furthermore, If Germany and Japan are phasing out their Nuclear ambitions,
The United States Department of Enerrgy would be wise to consider alternatives
as well. Otherwise, Good luck storing an item for 400,000 years.

Best Regards, S&F
edit on 8-6-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Add Content

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
And as a local, I would be happy to update as nessassary any info or look into things on a local level.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up on information!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage
I live about 15 miles from that plant. it's been having problems of and on for a while. This one seems to be a non issue, something they caught just upon a restart, but it's getting me to thinking about the future of this thing.

Nuclear energy seems awesome till it screws up, then it's freakin' terrifying as hell. Is it really worth the risks in the long run?

A few years ago I was working on a bridge job here in Toledo, (I-280) and my boss comes up to me and asks if I can talk to a guy whos dying wish is to see this bridge being built. I do it, and the dude is brought up to the bridge deck in an ambulance and is wheeled out on a gurney bed on wheels. He asks a lot of really good questions about the job, I answer as best I can, we talk, he's a smart decent dude. I genuinely enjoyed my time talking to him. It turns out he worked at davis besse as an engineer his whole career. He died a few days later of some cancer I forget the detailes of. He was in his fifties, sure it c ould have been natural in nature, but I have allways thought it was because of his job.

This might not have to do much with your thread, but it's what I think of when I think of davis besse.

Yup same problem being an organic chemist, being exposed to a bunch of different solvents and compounds in their field of work causes high rates in cancer and other illnesses. Altho modern labs have way more strict safety standers you cant completely eliminate exposure to carcinogens. I actually am probably going to go into an organic chemical career Im also contemplating a nuclear engineering degree and specializing in decontamination. Solving Problems. Not Creating Them.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

Youre a Good Person! We all need equipment that reads Nuclear Levels! No-one is going to tell us common folks!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The last time there was an event it was TMI. They "released" a little bit and the world went freakin nuts. The lesson taught them that if they ever have another such event, the last thing they will do is release information about the release. So... since then all is quiet right?

The disturbing thing to me is that two no two independent labs (non industry / government) both had high readings at the same time. What about Black Cat's explanation for their "anomaly"? Is there one?

Also interesting that the recently shut down, refueled, and startup of the reactor at the plant in question, which was on "Hot Standby" is ready to be brought on line right before reports of quakes in the region and then these reports by detectors.

Then all quiet again. So someone help me out here? Are all these events simultaneous in the same region?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

If This detector was really detecting ~2000 cpm it wouldn't be unreasonable to say that it would spread and other areas would start increasing in reading which has not happened to my knowledge and the people that run the monitoring stations released a statement saying it was an equipment malfunction.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I have no idea why this ub alert rates it as severe when every news source I find calls it minor. I did a bit of searching for their rating criteria, but not in the right place apparently. I would edit the "severe" out of the thread title if I were certain the media was not minimizing the problem. My intention is not to be an alarmist, but hope information about this incident will be given the chance to see the light of day and properly dissected.

The reddit posting is almost schizophrenic to me. Yet I do consider this point to be valid. Truly hoping it does not apply to this situation:

I think it should be noted that if officials at a nuclear plant didn't lie about (or downsize) the size of a nuclear leak, that would probably be the first time in history.
When you# up at a nuclear plant, you lie about it. Look at Fukushima. At the very least, you half-lie. This is your job. You work for a publicly traded power co. that has thousands of shareholders. The board is full of old-ass tycoons who tell you to paint a pretty picture.
All of a sudden, your brain considers that you may have contributed to endangering the entire community. Selection bias, rationalization, and other psychological influences take over (especially in the type A upper mgmt.)
All is well. The situation is under control.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Major Nuclear Base Running ‘Containment Exercise’ Amid Censored Radiation Spikes
theintelhub.com... itter

Like I said this is not my specialty. Here we have more talk of a cover-up and what this has to do with a containment exercise in in North Dakota beats me. Unless this is the containment exercise.

Here's the cover-up summarized please read the article if this doesn't compute. Huge radiation spike occurred in area of said leak near the border of Michigan and Indiana. So big a DHS Hazemat Fleet was activated after years of inactivity to the area of said leak.

The story first erupted after online geiger readings showed an unprecedented radiation spike in the area, with levels reaching as high as 7.139 counts per minute (CPM) over the average of between 5 and 6.

These reading shocked the viewers and the EPA called foul play on the media and quickly censored the ability to view the levels online. Fortunately, someone got a screen shot of the reading before EPA pulled the plug.

screenshot

So EPA and some private organizations (utility companies- my guess) are in the denial/censorship mode. An organization called The Radiation Network that released an image of the spike backed down and said it was an error.

There is another agency called Black Cat that took the same readings as The Radiation Network. How both could have these outrageously high counts in error? This would mean identical system failure (if it was a failure). That both systems failed and produced the same wrong results at the exact time is totally suspect.

I guess my above post from reddit did ring true.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Thanks for the reply. Yah, they said it was nothing...
just wondering out loud.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I would add one thing about the situation. The screen shot that you provided could not really be labeled a "spike" because it does not "shoot up" to high levels and then return to "normal" but steadily increases over a period of 12 hours. Then the chart ends (in your link). The operator of this site claims that it happened "while he was sleeping" and was the result of a "Backup Power Supply". That is interesting because those units typically don't fail over a 12 hour period causing a detector to slowly increase readings. They provide full ac power until they no longer can and then just turn off. Whatever they were powering would just turn off too, like tripping a breaker.

That can't be the real reason for a steady rise of counts over a twelve hour period.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join