It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Is Not a Capitalist Country!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Your the one pushing the all or nothing definition. You can't have your cake and eat it too. 

I am defining terms you are claiming if a system does not 100% implement the definition of the term then it can't be called by that definition, which is completely different but nice try at a strawman..

Not true. I even offered the whiskey rebellion as proof that the government was intervening in the markets from the start and you agreed. 80-95% free markets? Got anything to back that up? 

the Whisky Rebellion was one incident one of those government debacles I mentioned. Yeah nearly 150 years of American history try reading some...

And since they operated in the US [Robber barons] during the time that you claim to be full of free markets, I can't help but notice the contradiction. 

No contradiction what part of "no system has ever been implemented 100%" do you not understand? America was a free market for the most part despite these government intervention debacles creating robber barons etc. So if a few girls in the girl scouts decide to not follow the rules and exploit a few of their fellow girl scouts do they all cease to be girl scouts?

So the person that coined the term has no say in what it means? That is illogical.

The culture always determines how a word is used despite the person who coined it. The word gay for instance is defined as happy but the cultural meaning today is homosexual. The cultural use of the word capitalism has meant the system of free markets liberty and freedom for over a century. The enemies of freedom are now trying to change its meaning to advance their agenda. It appears they are succeeding somewhat.

The founders never even had the term to contemplate, so you can't say that it was what they had in mind.

So what, as I said the culture later assigned the term to what they created.

Instead of wasting time arguing over terms why don't we just drop the labels and you tell me what you have against freedom and liberty? Do you think you have a right to fruits of my labors?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
I am defining terms you are claiming if a system does not 100% implement the definition of the term then it can't be called by that definition, which is completely different but nice try at a strawman..

I pulled your exact words and showed them to you.

the Whisky Rebellion was one incident one of those government debacles I mentioned. Yeah nearly 150 years of American history try reading some...

So you have nothing but a blanket statement. I've read history and I don't see free markets.

No contradiction what part of "no system has ever been implemented 100%" do you not understand? America was a free market for the most part despite these government intervention debacles creating robber barons etc.

You keep saying that "America was a free market for the most part" with nothing to back it up.

The culture always determines how a word is used despite the person who coined it. The word gay for instance is defined as happy but the cultural meaning today is homosexual. The cultural use of the word capitalism has meant the system of free markets liberty and freedom for over a century.

Great, well if its changing back to the original meaning then maybe you should just accept that instead of trying to tell others that they are wrong.

Instead of wasting time arguing over terms why don't we just drop the labels and you tell me what you have against freedom and liberty? Do you think you have a right to fruits of my labors?

Actually I haven't advocated any particular political ideal in this thread. If you look back you will see that I pointed out your grouping of left and right ideals as incorrect. Your misuse of the terms is all I am against. Your the one making it out to be some sort of attack on freedom and liberty.

I even ran with your definition and tried to show you how utopian and unrealistic it is. You claim that no system has been implemented 100%, well that is why other types of capitalism exist and they are right of the center but when I mentioned that you brought out the "free markets or nothing" argument. Now your backpedaling.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I've read history and I don't see free markets.

Of course you don't you are emotionally attached to your BS argument blinding you to historical facts logic and reason. According to your ill-logic America became the most prosperous free country on earth in the history of the world raising the life styles of the most people providing the most freedom in history despite its problems and flaws on exploitation monopoly greed and corruption... Ok their slick gotcha

I see no point in continuing to argue with blind ignorance and denial... have a good day...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Of course you don't you are emotionally attached to your BS argument blinding you to historical facts logic and reason.

Funny coming from the person who takes a couple suggestions about word usage as an attack on his freedom and liberty. You can rest assured that I have no emotional attachment to any political ideal.

According to your ill-logic America became the most prosperous free country on earth in the history of the world raising the life styles of the most people providing the most freedom in history despite its problems and flaws on exploitation monopoly greed and corruption...

Was there a point in there? I never said it didn't. I just disagree with your assertion that it was because of free markets. You still have not backed that claim up with anything specific, while, at the same time, admitting the existence of those things that keep markets from being truly free.

edit on 12-6-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join