It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelangelo's Creation of Adam in the Orion Nebula?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Not sure if this would be the proper forum to post this, but here goes (mods, feel free to move - was trying to find where it best fit under the "Mysterious" banner...might be "Metaphysical," or straight up "Religion, Faith, And Theology").

Now, even if this can be chalked up to pareidolia, it's still pretty cool:

His hair, beard, chest/shirt, arm, the woman's face, and even the kid's face by his hand seem to match up pretty closely.

Here's a clean pic of the Orion Nebula:

And one of Creation of Adam:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This is interesting, my first thought was the Fibonacci sequence, the reason I have the sequence as my location as it is a sequence that occurs again and again throughout nature. Even galaxies appear to form in accordance to this sequence. I figured before I went to bed I would take a quick look and straight away I could see the sequence layered throughout the painting. I have highlighted 2 instances and I am sure the Fibonacci sequence is present in that Orion pic too. I just thought I would add this before I go to sleep as it is 3.30am, I will look further into this though tomorrow.

edit on 8-6-2012 by OwenGP185 because: Typos

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Wow, nice find and great work! I'm continually stunned in all the places that pops up. I'm actually reading a book right now called The Glorious Golden Ratio. It's a bit heavy on the pure mathematics and hard to take in at times, but still informative. One of my favorite books that covers it (and where it was first laid plainly obvious to me) is called A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe. Very much worth the purchase, but can also be found online in full here:

issuu.com...

The golden ratio is covered in the Pentad chapter, but the entire book is really worth the read.

new topics

join