It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is the democratic party more approachable?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
For you older guys, did young republicans like Reagan?

When I was young, I was a Democrat. My first vote was for Walter Mondale. I voted for Bill Clinton. The Democrats were pro-people, anti-war, peace, love, and make the world a better place.

Then I became a responsible adult.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
With reps like Mitt Romney, it is no surprise that the republican party isn't very approachable.

That dude creeps me out.

Even many republicans seem to be bummed about having to vote for the guy.
edit on 10-6-2012 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Textwhy is the democratic party more approachable?,

Because they have morals and Human values for the 99%...and they hate War !

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It's a bit like asking "why is it easier to approach a collie that just saved Timmy from the well then a pitbull that is in a fighting ring tearing another dog to shreds"

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
When I was young, I was a Democrat. My first vote was for Walter Mondale. I voted for Bill Clinton. The Democrats were pro-people, anti-war, peace, love, and make the world a better place.

Then I became a responsible adult.

Your post reminds me of what François Guizot once said...

Not to be a republican at 20 is proof of want of heart; to be one at 30 is proof of want of head.

I believe support of either party is proof of want of neither.
edit on 10-6-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
"Approachable" is merely an illusion because Liberalismism is much more segregated than people care to admit.

To understand this, you need to draw yourself a big circle and label it "Democrats".
Next, inside this big circle, you need to start drawing many more, much smaller circles.
Now you start labeling these smaller circles/categories with names like:
gays, lesbians, blacks, Hispanics, disenfranchised, homeless,.._insert favorite pigeon hole here_.

Won't be long before people are bamboozled and allow themselves to be pigeon holed into one if these cookie cutter labels, probably because they are too busy keeping up with the dancing stars, singing idols, multimillion dollar athletes, the latest movie, games or songs,...

Sure you still have these same people within the Repubican party, only difference is, the smaller circles were never drawn in.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If you go "free stuff" you are going after a straw man.
You will easily find yourself right, others wrong, and have learned nothing.
Look at the real arguments:

Equal access to education, regardless of parents income, ensures that that the brightest heads get the best education. It's a way to ensure the next Einstein doesn't flip burgers, and the next Hayek does (Like he should have)

Right now emergency rooms have to treat you, free of charge. It's the most expensive way to treat sick people. Also, there are real death panels, but they sit in insurance companies (If I ran an insurance company I would try to pay as little as possible in claims too) Single Payer works all over the world.

While on the topic, Insurance pays for boner pills. Outside of vatican city contraceptives are noncontroversial, several states requiere insurance plans to cover them. Why not make that nationwide?

Low interest rates, crumbling infrastructure. Sounds like a good time to invest!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
A good snake oil salesman is approachable too. He is certainly willing to sell you whatever he's got with a nice big smile, and make you think you are getting it free to boot.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It's similar here in the UK the Conservative Party have had always had an image problem. Known as the Nasty Party. They try and shake this image, but then one of their stupid MP's will go and make an outrageous statement or pretend to be like the working man and make a fool of themselves.

The Labour Party are no better, they will still screw you over and lie to you, but do it without the perceived nastyness of the Conservatives.

They are all a bunch of self serving gits happy to be on the gravy train that is British politics.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join