It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is the democratic party more approachable?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Why do people who claim to be the voice of freedom and constitutional values lean more democratic when given the chance to explain their stand on certain positions?

Most people I know who are in the teens to twenties either do not care about politics. Or are liberal democrats who want politicians to give them free beer and weed!
So over done!

Why do people think that the sugar coated democrat party who is all as corrupt as the republican party think that they are any better than republicans?

Is the poster picture of the republican party really the cigarette smoking man featured in the X Files and Herman Cain's political ad? And if so, what can the republican establishment do to help convince people that they are actually on the side of freedom smaller government and pro-small business too!

Please no personal insults, ad hominems or colorful descriptions about either party! I wish this to be a bipartisan discussion.
edit on 8-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Didn't make much sense of your post, but responding to the thread title...
The democrat party is more approachable because it promises you what you want.
Free healthcare? Check
Free education? Check
Free money? why not?

Who doesn't want to be given free stuff?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB

So what can the republican party do to sway these younger voters over to their side short of saying you don't get anything for free?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't think we can say that the Left or Right is more approachable than the other. Each individual reacts in an appropriate manner based on how they were approached.

I have friends on both sides of the aisle and both have people that are easy to talk to and some that are complete cornholes.

But let's be honest here....are you just trying to get people worked up by posing such a troll-like question?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

So what can the republican party do to sway these younger voters over to their side short of saying you don't get anything for free?

You just have to take a page out of their book and start making unrealistic promises. Tell them they will never get pregnant having unprotected sex and the kids will buy in. Just don't expect to hold pro-life stances.

Edit: Note to self:need to steer clear of posting on ATS while drinking. Regardless, Obama got elected on false promises so people will fall for it.
edit on 6/8/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I don't think we can say that the Left or Right is more approachable than the other. Each individual reacts in an appropriate manner based on how they were approached.

But let's be honest here....are you just trying to get people worked up by posing such a troll-like question?

This is a party issue not a left/right issue. No people can have a meaningful discussion about why they do not like the republican party. It's done quite a lot on this website.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You just have to take a page out of their book and start making unrealistic promises. Tell them they will never get pregnant having unprotected sex and the kids will buy in. Just don't expect to hold pro-life stances.

I think its tougher because what can we offer them? Free church? Wait church is already free, and most don't want to go anyway!

Free business loans? Most don't know the first thing about business.... and if you knew anything about business you know the word loan would never come with the word free in the same sentence in any official capacity.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Um... convince them that Iran will kill them and that you have the bomb to shove up some mooslim's butt. Probably more effective among elderly voters, but you really gotta sell it.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The democratic party is more likely to speak to you then shout at you and for some unknown reason, people prefer conversation to being screamed at

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Um... convince them that Iran will kill them and that you have the bomb to shove up some mooslim's butt. Probably more effective among elderly voters, but you really gotta sell it.

OH That already works on them especially those from previous wars who are stuck in delusional war like states brought on from being old itself... but most young people hate wars ack! SO hard....My brain hurts.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
The democratic party is more likely to speak to you then shout at you and for some unknown reason, people prefer conversation to being screamed at

example?....I hear Obama screaming at congress everyday to make jobs....

Doesn't mean our do nothings there will listen to him!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Lobotomy would be the quickest and easiest way, as well as possibly the only way to ensure they stay.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
For you older guys, did young republicans like Reagan?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

This is a party issue not a left/right issue. No people can have a meaningful discussion about why they do not like the republican party. It's done quite a lot on this website.

Sure they can, as long as they keep conservative/liberal out of it and concentrate on republican/democrat. The latter are political parties that don't adhere to the values they claim they do. Both parties are hypocritical and poor representatives of philosophy of any type. They are essentially the same people on opposing teams and see it as a money and power play as opposed to the expressing of values and ideas. I would hazard to guess that 90% of the general population are inherently central but get into shouting matches with whatever the opposing political party is due to human nature of being competitive as opposed to rational in matters such as those.
For example, although I would most likely fit in the libertarian group, I disagree with both the democratic and republican political parties. I do tend to favor the democratic party for elections because I find them less hypocritical and untrustworthy, although both sides are. I see the republican party as being much more hypocritical, dishonest, attackful, judgemental and unintelligent, so I usually oppose them. It's not as much about supporting one party as it is about opposing the other.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Me i resolutely want to pay for everything so that i know that i own it
A freebie you can never own outright
As for the democrats offering free stuff is always going to garner votes
I would vote for any party offering me free beer
Because once you had the freebie the party would renage on there promises turn you insideout and screw you over
I always vote free beer

Cran

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

example?....I hear Obama screaming at congress everyday to make jobs....

Doesn't mean our do nothings there will listen to him!

Speaking strongly to someone is much different from screaming and shouting. He is calling strongly on them to make jobs, not screaming at them that they will burn in hell for not agreeing with everything he says. There is a big difference.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
that's like asking why are more people likely to play with a chipmunk or a raccoon, than a bobcat.

the bobcat considers you food.

the other party has no intention in entertaining your boredom.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

What's the difference really.... Choosing a poltical party is like choosing whether you want to be infected with AIDS, cancer, or Ebola. None of them really work for me since I actually think before I vote.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Call the Democratic Party offices and a real person will answer.

Call the GOP any you get a recorded menu of options, mainly slanted toward contributions to the RNC.

At least that is what I've experienced locally.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Most young people tend to support the Democratic party not because they "want free stuff"

But most young people believe in equal rights for everyone. They are most likely going to support gay marriage and will agree with women being able to have a choice when it comes to abortions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join