It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar Bear Uses Rock To Smash Aquarium Window!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
How smart is this bear!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

How smart is this bear!

bear wants to be free!!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think that one guy needed to go home and change his underwear

Rightfully so. I think I would've had an accident myself.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Very smart bear - he wants to
go back home. Poor guy!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
If the lions find out about this then we are all fked

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Give him a night when nobodys paying attention and that bears gonna be a free man.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

HOW??? How did he get the idea to use a rock to smash the window? It blows my mind!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
go back home. Poor guy!

He was playing with the rock and did by accident , although I am sure some scientist will say they are evolving to use tools and have developed problem solving skills . Given enough time they will be the next dominant species on earth evolving into a man bear . The problem will then be racism because the black bear is left behind

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Free the bear. Lock up the politicians.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

go back home. Poor guy!

He was playing with the rock and did by accident , although I am sure some scientist will say they are evolving to use tools and have developed problem solving skills . Given enough time they will be the next dominant species on earth evolving into a man bear . The problem will then be racism because the black bear is left behind

Martin Luther Polarbear Jr.: Judge me not by the color of my fur, but by the dermal layer beneath. In truth, we are all black bears whether we poop in water or in woods.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

Plenty of animals already use tools and have problem solving skills. In fact a lot of animals have better problem solving skills than children.

edit on 8-6-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Maybe the bear is smarter then the politicians and will learn from it's mistakes.
"if I pick up rock and drop it a certain way ,I am free"

Ok,there are many ways to read into this scenario...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Maybe the bear is smarter then the politicians and will learn from it's mistakes.
"if I pick up rock and drop it a certain way ,I am free"

Ok,there are many ways to read into this scenario...

Or
"if I pick up rock and drop it on politician, I can eat them, and be free"

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

He was playing with the rock and did by accident

Quite likely!
Perhaps happy accidents like this are part of what continuously sparks evolution..?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

go back home. Poor guy!

The bear did it twice! The first time didn't break the window. No, this was deliberate, calculated, with formulated thought that bears should NOT possess.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Wow dude did that aquarium window crack when the bear smashed it with a rock because that window looked like it was about to break.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

I guess he's smart enough to get himself moved into a cage rather than a nice environment with a pool.
Hmmmm my own environment or a small cage...?

Smart

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Plenty of animals already use tools and have problem solving skills. In fact a lot of animals have better problem solving skills than children.

edit on 8-6-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason
edit on 09/06/2012 by Azadok2day because: Bad information so I deleted the entire post after doing some research .
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

That video clip was wonderful, the chimp was totally astounding, amazing that he could so easily recognize and memorize those numbers in milliseconds... some thing no human can do.

The sea lion who had memorized the whole alphabet (upper & lower case , numbers and even some other symbols to problem solve.. just wonderful

Then the Orangutan that figured out how to float a peanut to the top of the tube using water from her water fountain...it was so funny because they did the same test outside in the rest of the zoo, all the humans had to do was pour some water into a tube to get an egg full of chocolate eggs..and not one child or adult figured it out that day ...

However my favorite had to be Alex the parot who could speak english, count, tell you what color an object was, could tell what the difference was between simular objects.. such as if it was different due to shape or different color as well as let you know what something was made of.

So much for "dumb" animals...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

go back home. Poor guy!

phew! good thing we've got an expert zoological opinion from somebody who was on the scene! tell me, have you been studying the bear for long? is this a game that he plays on a regular basis? what drove the bear to engage in a simple, unintelligent game of "pick up the rock on the enclosure's floor and try to swim to the surface with it only to drop it and accidentally send it crashing into the glass with yummy humans on the other side?" is this a common, totally meaningless and pointless game that polar bears play on a regular basis? or has this bear just taken great strides forward in the evolution of polar bear games?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join