It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alpha Male

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
An alpha male is not an asshole "player" male who thinks he is, but one who takes care of his family and leads by example.. They love their wives and kids and would die for them.. If anyone dishonours their missus, they would have a "quiet word" with the perpetrator..

An alpha male is not some blinged up jerk or jock who is full of themselves..

But is humble, strong and does what he can for his family..
edit on 12-6-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by petrus4

I'll never be right again. That pushed me over the edge. I'm going to dig a bunker now - humanity has become too dangerous to remain amongst it!

I can't hang with women that can snap my neck like a twig - if that's what an Alpha female is, I'll be the guy you see running away just as hard as he can run...

... screaming like a little girl!

I'm friending you solely for the humor factor. I swear, you and Boncho are in the same boat somewhere sharing a bottle of Vodka. When I need a good laugh, I'll know where to go.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Mate,

From one alpha male, to not an alpha male.

This thread would not be made by an alpha male. It goes against what they embody.

Thank you

vvv

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by petrus4

I'll never be right again. That pushed me over the edge. I'm going to dig a bunker now - humanity has become too dangerous to remain amongst it!

I can't hang with women that can snap my neck like a twig - if that's what an Alpha female is, I'll be the guy you see running away just as hard as he can run...

... screaming like a little girl!

I'm friending you solely for the humor factor. I swear, you and Boncho are in the same boat somewhere sharing a bottle of Vodka. When I need a good laugh, I'll know where to go.

Boncho and I are twin brothers by different mothers.

I have to drink rum instead of vodka, though - the vodka doesn't seem to accentuate the perceived motion of the boat enough, and the entire reason I drink is so as to not be able to stand up...

Besides, the vodka doesn't have enough alcohol content to sterilize a shared bottle, and Boncho has that whole "Gadhaffi lookalike" thing going on...

Boncho, being my bro, will surely understand my meanness here, but just in case, I'm not going to pass out in the boat, because I can't swim, and Boncho has been known to have a mean streak of his own upon occasion!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Mate,

This thread would not be made by an alpha male. It goes against what they embody.

Thank you

vvv

The thread was made by an Alpha female, and they are by far the more dangerous of the species.

True Alpha males can, of course, just sense that gender disparity by employing The Force.

edit on 2012/6/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Mate,

Thank you

vvv

I still don't think human alpha males exist at all. Sorry.

The only people who've tried to tell me they do, in this thread, have fairly clearly been people who've thought they were one themselves.
edit on 13-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Alpha, as you put it, is a very sexy attribute to acquire. There's something in the way they present themselves that it's hard to say no to. I mean, be faithful and have a loving relationship. Speak your problems. Then you would have nothing to fear.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SmoKeyHaZe

No clothes, all day.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

A leader of the pack to say then!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Insert "Force" pun here. Ohhhh you made me smile. Thank you.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Who are you talking to?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think that a lot of people confuse the various male types.

There is the insecure douchey male who wears Tapout shirts, goes to the gym and flexes in the mirror. They are obsessed with themselves and hide their insecurities by pretending that the whole world somehow finds them fascinating.

There is the average guy which can be broken down into a few categories. Manly, average and metero.
Average guy is just that average. The metero guy is usually suffereing from the same issues as the douchey guy but it manifests in a non douchey way and instead in a effeminate way. I think it's their way of getting away from the anxiety of the challenge of being manly. SO instead they turn into some sort of hipster/metro guy with no strong constitution in any general direction except for what's easiest (not to be confused with guys that actually are effeminate, which there is nothing wrong with.) Manly guys are old school in terms of the fact that they want their body to be built to go not for show, form following function so to speak. Lumber jacks, construction workers, gardeners, outdoorsy types. They take the time to learn the basics skill sets that most men should have if they intend to be a protector, provider and functioning contributing member to the clan or community.

Now a gay guy can be any one of these subtypes. I personally know plenty of manly gay guys that know how to frame a house and can hang with the hetero manly guys no problem.

Then there are the alpha males. They are usually the manly guys, not always though, who simply are good leaders for whatever reason. There are good alpha males and bad ones. A bad alpha male would be the type that uses fear to maintain control and their leadership position. Chimpanzees are a good example of the bad alpha male. Then there are the self assured confident ones that are true alpha males. They don't need to be the best at everything just good at leading. A gorilla alpha male would be an example. Doesn't usually have to resort to fear to get respect, he provides good leadership.

An example that alpha males don't need to be some muscle bound macho man. My best friend is the alpha male of our circle of friends. He can't fight his way out of a paper bag. But he shows good leadership qualities. makes sound judgements. is loyal, protective, and thoughtful. When his friends are out of work. He hires them until they get back on their feet. If they don't follow through on their end he lets them know and gives them a chance. They screw it up, he lets them know and cuts them off. But he offers the chance and provides for his friends. He teaches the other males of his group the necessary skills to be manly. He's personally taught me how to track in the wild and how to fish. Now I can better take care of myself. In exchange I taught him how to fight and defend himself better and taught him about plants and horticulture. He leads by example. I have no problem admitting that in that circle of friends I am manly but I am no alpha male. Did I mention women fall all over him although he's just average looking? Might be his confidence, ability to get the job done, protective disposition towards his community of friends, and over all kindness. Yeah he's a true alpha male and incredible kind hearted. GO figure.
edit on 21-5-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

lol.. I wonder.. do you still find me the more dangerous?

hahaha

wow.. resurrected from the dead.. and I still love you!

PS. I am very glad you never pee'd on the furniture!
edit on 21-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Alpha, as you put it, is a very sexy attribute to acquire. There's something in the way they present themselves that it's hard to say no to. I mean, be faithful and have a loving relationship. Speak your problems. Then you would have nothing to fear.

Very true.

6 months after I made this thread, (approximately) Nenothtu and I were married... and we still have a wonderful relationship.

edit on 21-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I love those girls who always want a bad guy then get all upset when he cheats on them. Then go get another bad guy and it happens again, but it's the same with guys too. We don't want a quiet permissive girl. We want a chase. We want a challenge someone to keep us on our feet. Someone we have to make an effort for. I think that's human nature. I'm not an alpha male, but enjoy the thrill of the chase. It's too Easy when girls just drop into your arms. I try not to be a dick, but don't pander to any girls, I grew up listening to snoop dog who gives good instructions on how to treat a woman
edit on 22-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
originally posted by: OpinionatedB
What woman does not want a man to be manly?
A woman who likes women.

What woman does not want to feel safe in the arms of her man?

A woman who likes to feel safe in the arms of another woman.

What woman does not want to feel so desired that her husband would have a reasonable amount of jealousy at untoward attention from other males?

A woman who is already secure without jealousy having to remind her. Or a woman who doesn't want to be property of a man.

What woman does not want to feel secure in the fact that no matter what bad things may happen in life her man will be able to fix it?

A woman who lives in reality.

Why on earth do some feel a man being an alpha male is disfunctional, and being a pansy is not?

Because most men are unable to be a typical alpha without also being a meat headed douche.

I think men should be men!

I agree. But I think our definition of "men" differs slightly.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Can I just clap for this post?

It's such BS...I want a man to be a MAN

well guess what friends...you don't determine what makes a man a MAN...you want macho? Got get it. You want feminine guys...all around to be spoken for. And everything in between

Otherwise I did mojom's answers

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I have seen by the remarks and responses of some americans that Alpha male has becomes some sort of negative thing.
I don't totally understand that.
My brother makes jokes that my husband (and a cousin of ours) are the only alpha males in the family- I didn't realize at the time that was supposed to be a put down.

What exactly is wrong with being an alpha male?

I have always seen that in terms of animal behavior- they are males that take on responsibility, for family, in their community, in their job.... What is bad about that?

No, my husband can't fix everything and I don't expect him to (though he wants to). He is sensitive towards others- it is his empathy which stirs his desire to protect and provide for those who are weaker, who are young, or old, or hurting.
Why is this a bad thing nowadays?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

They make other males look bad, and no one wants to look bad. They can't fight them, so the only way to advance their chances at mating is to speak ill of them. That's my guess.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I think this might be true.

And I think people confuse terms too.. a pick-up artist is not an alpha male, they are people who are full of insecurities and try to mask them and because they are so insecure and having to play act all the time, they become angry at everyone.

A true alpha male is loving and protective, and not insecure - they don't have to play act, they just are.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join